How did your Half-Yearly Exams go (Post-exams feelings) (1 Viewer)

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
Im glad to have finished my half-yearly examinations.

My exams literally killed me, and it strange that I only had four exams (Modern History, G.Maths, Legal Studies and Biology)

Well how did the rest of you go in your exams. Feel free to share your thoughts and feelings.:bomb:

nezz61

HSC
Hey

I started my exams on monday. Ive done advanced english and ancient history.

English was crap I have to go back this holidays and relearn all my work because I did not prepair my notes well enough to be able to get a good mark.

Ancient history was 3 hours. Ive never had a three hour exam before. Towards the last hour I was gettin really tired and not conentrating properly. It will show through my work.
Pompeii and Herculaneum was easy I knew most of the information could have known about the forum and religion better but ohh well. It was good having a 3 hrs exam gives me practice.

I have Aboriginal studies on thursday.. another 3 hour exam...
However im most lookin foward to legal and not lookin forward to modern history since i have never been able to get my head around reliability and perspective!!!!!!!

Hey ive noticed that theres not ABoriginal studies forum onnnn the site >??????

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Just had maths x1 this morning, finished early and very satisified with the exam. Yesterday I had economics and did alright in that, most of my other mates didn't finish on time (but I did). Still got 4 assessible and 2 non-assessible exams to go.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
did second english paper today... it went ok, at least i wrote a lot which i took to be a good sign. they did give us a feature article, however. i hate those. lol by the end of the second question my writing was just a scrawled mess with like 4cm spacing between words, usually its more like 2cm. good thing i had some time at the end; i had to write over the last 2 sentences in felt pen to make them readable.

alyceharrington

HSC
i started my exams yesterday (monday) and so far i have done english paper1 and business services, both were fairly easy i think. I still have a pretty rough ride and my exams finish next wednesday which i am soooo lookking forward to.. A nice holidays just to relax

P

pLuvia

Already did English and Jap ext speaking and listening, did alright in English and jap ext listening but bad in jap ext speaking.

Did chemistry and Jap cont listening, did pretty bad in both :(

abcd9146

HSC
i finished my exams today... this is what i think of them...
adv english - alright, above average i hope...
jap cont speaking 15-16/20 (like always)
maths 3U - ill be happy if i get over 70%
eco - ... cough... cough...
maths 2U - too easy, but i still stuffed up 1 question
sdd - not too hard, but some questions were wtf!?!?!
jap cont listening - too easy, top my class again :)
jap reading/writing - reading was easy, but i ALWAYS miss out on fine details, bit scared about my composition though... i dont think i used enough SS...

but not that theyare OVER, i dont care anymore!!!! its not like i can do anything... so 5 day weekend, and then back to school for 4 days where i get all my exams back :(:(

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Halfway through my hellish exam period. So far done English Paper 1 and Paper 2 plus Mathematics Extension 2.
English papers were alright, nothing too hard. Mathematics Extension 2 on the other hand was F***** hard!!! Left out a few questions and gave up on many others. Freakin' hell, like 50% of the paper was HARDER EXTENSION 1 TOPICS!!!!!! The other half of the paper had actual Extension 2 topic questions (Graphs, Complex Numbers, Conics) that we had covered. Those harder Extension 1 questions are those that I have never seen before; not at school nor in tutor, prior to this exam....There was even a single 8 mark proof question...WTF???!!!! I'd be very lucky to get above 70% for this test...

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Trebla- How did your other classmates in MX2 go? Because if they stuffed up as well, you may still maintain that rank even if you didn't think you did so well.

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

Did alright in the Jap Ext test, composition writing not so good, the english part very good :p
Maths 2u was way too easy too bad it doesn't count ;)

Loz_metalhead

HSC
-English was ok.
-Math was so much easier than last years half yearly exam...I thought it would be harder...doesnt mean I went well though. Lol. Finished about 45mins early...:confused:
-Catholic studies...meh who cares.:rofl:
-Business Studies-not to bad. I needed an extra 5 mins to finish the business report properly though. Didn't have time to go back and check over answers.

I have Economics, Biology and Chemistry next week.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
did english today pretty content ^^;; the unseen passages was from the o4 paper which i predicted lol. had a look at the answers beforehand from the student answers booklet but couldn't remember much of it. probably stuffed up the listening task though but meh.

riot_girl88

HSC
had english adv on monday- that was good
maths on tuesday- i dont really care
english ext on Wednesday- KILLER.
business today- hopefully did ok

i still have legal, modern and religion to go

Good luck to all

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
had modern history this morning, very happy with the first two sections (i guessed both questions basically word for word :D ) but the third... oh dear. i think i'll be lucky to get a 12/20 for that essay. damn weimar. oh wells...time to get cracking for drama and ext.1 tomorrow... :)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
had modern history this morning, very happy with the first two sections (i guessed both questions basically word for word :D ) but the third... oh dear. i think i'll be lucky to get a 12/20 for that essay. damn weimar. oh wells...time to get cracking for drama and ext.1 tomorrow... :)
hey what was your modern question for weimar? i have mine tomorrow :(

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Had first half of modern history paper today was on The First World War and its Aftermath 1914-1921 but based around the homefront as we already did a test earlier in the year on the war-front.

Worth only 5% the exam consisted of 4 short answer responce and 2 extended response questions exactly the format I expect although a little disapointed with my responses although that was the general feeling of the class.

On monday we do the second part also worth 5% 1 essay question on the Weimar Republic.

Good Luck for tomorrow hopeles5ly! :)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
had both physics and extension maths 1 today.
physics was alrite, not as hard as i would've expected it to be.

but extension maths .... sir help me god!
everyone came out of the exam saying they did crap... i know i did crap. forgot how to do some of the questions. exm-1 is going to kill me this year.. ><!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
hey what was your modern question for weimar? i have mine tomorrow :(
good luck! :D our question was something like "Explain the collapse of Weimar democracy in the lead up to 1933, using the economic implications of the Treaty of Versailles as a focal point" or something. i cant remember the exact words, only my reaction (horror) because i didnt really study that aspect much, lol. i thought it was all gonna be on hitler... but i hope you go well tomorrow, :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)