How do I become a doctor? (1 Viewer)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I bet we were all thinking it, but nobody wanted to be dog enough to actually say it lol.

jnney

lemon
HSC
Relax people.. You scared her off. Besides, who cares if someone does it for prestige. In the end, a doctor is a doctor. If they do it for the money, they are still going to do their job right.
Yeah. Yeah. Totally. No.

Aysce

HSC
@Sanical Br8, if you do a job JUST for the prestige and money, you're most likely not going to enjoy it. Yeah you're still a doctor in the end, but it doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be a GOOD doctor or by any means, happy.

smartalec

HSC
'ill do law instead because i cbf going through the process for medicine.' LOL.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah. Yeah. Totally. No.
Not necessarily.

People here need to chill out. High school isn't the only way to get into medicine nor actually is it the most common route. If you get in through that pathway, good for you but if not its possible to enter through the non-standard route after 1 year of another course and a reasonable GPA. UMAT is obviously required for both. Graduate medicine is a good option too or even mature aged entry if that takes your fancy. I'd ignore these people about never getting in, they're either trolls and should be ignored or ignorant and should be ignored.

Last edited:

makhunter

HSC
Not necessarily.

People here need to chill out. High school isn't the only way to get into medicine nor actually is it the most common route. If you get in through that pathway, good for you but if not its possible to enter through the non-standard route after 1 year of another course and a reasonable GPA. UMAT is obviously required for both. Graduate medicine is a good option too or even mature aged entry if that takes your fancy. I'd ignore these people about never getting in, they're either trolls and should be ignored or ignorant and should be ignored.
This is very true.

This guy has an ATAR of about 93. No way you think someone like that could be studying medicine.

He's a testament to low achievers everywhere!

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^I wouldn't consider getting an ATAR of 93 by any stretch low achiever. And he still got in a MBBS :)

Also ATAR doesn't measure intelligence. It has other factors like knowing how to play the system and the helpful imparted knowledge not everyone in the state has the opportunity to access.

Sainteced

HSC
Uni Grad
For medicine the admission to UWS depends mostly on your ability in the UMAT and consequence interview as opposed to your academic marks.

After you reach the ATAR cut off for UWS, it doesn't mean anything at all.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
This is very true.

This guy has an ATAR of about 93. No way you think someone like that could be studying medicine.

He's a testament to low achievers everywhere!
I'm sure you'll find managing Maccers a highly satisfying and fulfilling career choice. Fairly certain you're FunSponge on MSO.

ATAR is pretty much meaningless post-high school nor is it an accurate measure of intellect. What high school academics measures is the ability to ROTE learn without truly being able to synthesise and understand the concepts presented which will get you murdered in any university course let alone medicine. With Med, work hard and you'll pass, be lazy and you'll fail - that counts more than any innate intellect.

Last edited:
HSC
Sorry to savagely scrutinize your dreams so harshly, but you're doing no sciences and you want to become a doctor. Hmmm...I'd double check that. And for the meanwhile, you have no understanding of what the difference between a percentile and a score is. Maybe, you should of chose maths.

let's not aim to high, why don't you become a primary school teacher?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Sorry to savagely scrutinize your dreams so harshly, but you're doing no sciences and you want to become a doctor. Hmmm...I'd double check that. And for the meanwhile, you have no understanding of what the difference between a percentile and a score is. Maybe, you should of chose maths.

lol slack.

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
I'm sure you'll find managing Maccers a highly satisfying and fulfilling career choice. Fairly certain you're FunSponge on MSO.

ATAR is pretty much meaningless post-high school nor is it an accurate measure of intellect. What high school academics measures is the ability to ROTE learn without truly being able to synthesise and understand the concepts presented which will get you murdered in any university course let alone medicine. With Med, work hard and you'll pass, be lazy and you'll fail - that counts more than any innate intellect.
No, rote learning will get you far, but to do the best, you need to know how to apply the knowledge.
Just because you made it in med with a lower atar doesn't mean that everyone else is an idiot if they work hard for it. You'd be very lucky to get in.

theind1996

HSC
N/A

Not only are you being inordinately harsh, but you are also being pretty hypocritical too. "Girlworld" HAHAHAHA strong username/10 right there; you're doing CAFS and Standard English, so we could say the same things about you. And " Maybe, you should of chose maths. " - ahaha nice. The "of" should be "have" and "chose" should be "chosen". Maybe you should have chosen Fundamentals of English instead of Standard and said goodbye to your ATAR yea? dickhead..

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Not only are you being inordinately harsh, but you are also being pretty hypocritical too. "Girlworld" HAHAHAHA strong username/10 right there; you're doing CAFS and Standard English, so we could say the same things about you. And " Maybe, you should of chose maths. " - ahaha nice. The "of" should be "have" and "chose" should be "chosen". Maybe you should have chosen Fundamentals of English instead of Standard and said goodbye to your ATAR yea? dickhead..
Whoever you are, you're just disgracing Girraween now. I don't even need to look at your username (nice work with the subtlety regarding your age btw) or your PM to see that you're a 15/16 yr old.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)