How do i revise for maths? (1 Viewer)

Pablo_35

HSC
Hello members of BOS !
With 28 days left until the advanced maths paper, i was wondering how i should be revising for maths. Right now i am doing chapter reviews from the Cambridge textbook and finishing a couple of pastpapers every week.

i know this is a maths advanced thread but it'll be cool if you can drop some tips for how to revise for physics, chemistry and english.

Thanks!

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Papers, papers and more papers!

and doing those papers in timed conditions to simulate doing an exam.

For physics and chem you should have prepared answers to any dot points that are memorising ones where you can just recount a good answer like: cleaning action of soaps, toxicity/ solubility dot-point with Aboriginal people, polymers etc. You should memorise these answers like a day or two before the exam

For the rest of actual applying based questions doing papers will get you better at them

One thing when doing the papers is try to focus on things you are weak at so select questions out of papers of things you have had trouble in trials or assessments. That way you improve your weaknesses rather than just redoing questions you already know how to do which won't lead to much of a mark improvement

Mach_1

HSC
I'd say go full steam with as many papers as you can find.

Doing actual papers will be far more valuable than textbook questions with the exam less than a month away. Focus on your weaknesses now, and during the actual exam, focus on your strengths.

Also, I'd recommend marking each paper you finish exactly according to the marking criteria to really tune your exam technique. You'd often be surprised at the number of marks you lose unexpectedly.

Pablo_35

HSC
Papers, papers and more papers!

and doing those papers in timed conditions to simulate doing an exam.

For physics and chem you should have prepared answers to any dot points that are memorising ones where you can just recount a good answer like: cleaning action of soaps, toxicity/ solubility dot-point with Aboriginal people, polymers etc. You should memorise these answers like a day or two before the exam

For the rest of actual applying based questions doing papers will get you better at them

One thing when doing the papers is try to focus on things you are weak at so select questions out of papers of things you have had trouble in trials or assessments. That way you improve your weaknesses rather than just redoing questions you already know how to do which won't lead to much of a mark improvement
I'd say go full steam with as many papers as you can find.

Doing actual papers will be far more valuable than textbook questions with the exam less than a month away. Focus on your weaknesses now, and during the actual exam, focus on your strengths.

Also, I'd recommend marking each paper you finish exactly according to the marking criteria to really tune your exam technique. You'd often be surprised at the number of marks you lose unexpectedly.
thanks guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)