How do you pick out the First Year Students (1 Viewer)

williamc

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
hopefully it was just a first year thing

i did hate when mature age students would jump in with useless anecdotes about their families/work/life...if it really relates to the topic under discussion, then ok, but if we're discussing, say, tourism as a cultural phenomenon and you start talking about the last holiday you went on...just shut up.

i remember sitting next to one woman for a couple of lectures who didn't really speak up in lectures but she would say things to herself as it was going, all about having kids. "oh i bet you wouldn't say that after 3 kids honey" *chuckle*, "hah, i don't have time to study, i've got kids!" i wanted to tell her her kids were her own fault and to shut up but i don't have the balls irl :eek: lol
soft.

Speak your mind woman.

Conspirocy

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
that would involve work :rolleyes:
hahah true

still i found it funny when you say we should be nicer to new people, then you bag out that Erisus for being new lol nice contrast

jest3r

HSC
Meh, no matter how hard you try as a first year student not to make an ass of yourself, it'll happen one way or another. I for one almost planted my face into the entry only glass automatic door of the library trying to walk out. By ALMOST, I mean my nose was about an inch away from the glass.

jackmurray1989

Mr Mature
HSC
^^^ tried to exit through the entrance doors? I did that too on like my second day. They have a guy that stands there just saying "other door please."

Evilo

HSC
jackmurray1989 said:
^^^ tried to exit through the entrance doors? I did that too on like my second day. They have a guy that stands there just saying "other door please."
hahaha (somewhat unrelated) i was at the other shops the other day and they were paying someone to tell people to hold onto the handrail when travelling on the escalator.

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Gonna bump in this thread :D

1. When they're walking around acting as if they know where they're going - when in truth they don't... :rolleyes:
  2. They carry a map
  3. Dress in their fancy clothes
  4. Don't know that random computers can be used
  5. They write everything what the lecturer says
  6. They actually attend every lecture and tutorial :uhoh::uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:
  7. Seen at the uni bars
  8. First year girls are usually hot and easy to pick up, cause they dress sexy on the first few weeks :uhhuh::kiss:
  9. They bring a pencil case with shit loads of stationary equipment to uni... lol :spin:
  10. Bring their $2000+ laptops
  11. Talk about their fucking UAI/ATAR
  12. The lines outside the Co-op bookshop tells the story....
  13. They're excited to start uni, after 4 weeks they usually begin complaining about uni, and how they're getting sick of it
  14. They wear their school jerseys :uhoh:
  15. They're keen to learn, and will be at lectures 10min before they start
Honestly that's all i can think of...

HSC
Uni Grad

1. When they're walking around acting as if they know where they're going - when in truth they don't... :rolleyes:
  2. They carry a map
  7. Seen at the uni bars
  8. First year girls are usually hot and easy to pick up, cause they dress sexy on the first few weeks :uhhuh::kiss:
  9. They bring a pencil case with shit loads of stationary equipment to uni... lol :spin:
  13. They're excited to start uni, after 4 weeks they usually begin complaining about uni, and how they're getting sick of it
Only 2/15 I'm 'guilty' of xD
Haven't heard anyone mention ATAR, would look like a douche as it was so long ago.

Jakef

HSC

2. They carry a map
  7. Seen at the uni bars
I'll be 100% sure to print this out and avoid them all when I'm there in a couple of years lol
But seriously I do year 11 on a uni campus and I swear some uni people are retarded, like the other day some mature age student walks into my software design class, looks at the whiteboard which clearly says the subject and asks "is this the psychology tutorial?"

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

2. They carry a map
  7. Seen at the uni bars
2. because uni is huge and finding where everything without map is difficult
6. It's only been a week man
15. Cause the lectures are huge and the seats get taken up.

HSC
Uni Grad
I can't see myself skipping lectures even if they are on the net.
And +1 to crowded lectures, though I'm there like an hour - 30 mins early so I just wander around the campus till like 15 mins or so until it starts.

HSC
for some reason i can just tell, being a first year myself. probably because i can detect the terror in their eyes or that 'omg im so lost' look. also, a lot of the girls seem to have more makeup than brains.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Thank heavens i don't stand out as a 1st year... or at least i don't think i do XD

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
they dress and act like high school students and look all innocent. they have packed lunches of fairy bread cut diagonally into 2 triangles, a popper juice, propeller hat, a bag thats way too big for them and lots of acne.

oh and they walk around aimlessly with their timetable in one hand and a map in the other.

HSC
oh and they walk around aimlessly with their timetable in one hand and a map in the other.
haha i have to admit, this was me on the first day. one time i realised i was going in the completely opposite direction than i was supposed to, there's no way to correct that without looking completely retarded. i actually know where my lectures are now, though.

bregitta

Red is for Rad
HSC
First years wander into the wrong lecture theatre in groups of 3-4 and giggle hysterically when they realise their mistake. A normal student would just leave immediately, not act like a ditzy idiot.

They're also the ones trying all the food places that have stuff sitting there from 8am..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)