How do you remain awake and stay focused during exam period? (1 Viewer)

ShadowLighte

HSC
I have two exams tomorrow and having one every day prior to this means lack of sleep. I know I know, I should have studied early instead of just cramming the night before but this will be the last time it happens. What do you do when you have a number of exams over a small period of time?

Do you take a nap when you return home after exams? I ended up sleeping for 4 hours .-. Yet I'm still tired and distracted. I don't think caffeine is a good idea, particularly at night. LOL if it's in your system after you finish studying and have several hours of sleep left so you can't sleep and then wears off as you're doing the test.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Usually when I get back home from one exam. I binge eat. Then I revise my notes. TIME IN BETWEEN EXAMS SHOULDNT BE USED FOR CRAMMING. Then I sleep early at like 9 or so.

Next morning, avoid having sugary stuff. I usually have some plain toast and some black tea (helps with cocentration)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Also when you get to school dont congregate with your peers. Find a quite place to ease your mind. I just locked myself in a classroom our found a corner in between lockers.

Coz u will get stressed when there is bound to be dat kid who goes around asking, 'did u study this or that'.

Also. Never ever! study right before an exam. smh. to those that are still learning materials and cramming 30 min before an exam. You actually lose 20% memory retention by doing so,

Makematics

HSC
Also when you get to school dont congregate with your peers. Find a quite place to ease your mind. I just locked myself in a classroom our found a corner in between lockers.

Coz u will get stressed when there is bound to be dat kid who goes around asking, 'did u study this or that'.

Also. Never ever! study right before an exam. smh. to those that are still learning materials and cramming 30 min before an exam. You actually lose 20% memory retention by doing so,
agreed. talking to people beforehand can actually fuk you up lol. some people try to psych others out to get an internal rank advantage (srs)

ShadowLighte

HSC

Yeah, I don't talk to people before exams as most of them are trying desperately to memorise their notes or test each other and they ask me a question and I'm just like "Please don't test me, I'll freak and blank out" so indeed, a quiet place is good.

agreed. talking to people beforehand can actually fuk you up lol. some people try to psych others out to get an internal rank advantage (srs)
Wow, I don't know anyone like that but I guess people will do whatever it takes to come out on top, even if it's dirty.

Troller

Lol
HSC
I never stay up late, during exam period or normal term time... That way you are never tired and can learn without any hassle.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
But just remember in future don't do it. Cramming is not indicative of your full potential, who knows what you can achieve if you don't cram!
Lol some peeps probs say "I'm gonna fail" to get other people's hopes up, nek minnit 100%

ofallthestars42

HSC
finish your exam, eat, relax a while (you probably deserve it) revise hardcore for an hour or two, create study notes that are really good to revise and get a really good nights sleep. Get up early with your fresh brain and go over your fab notes you did the night before.

What ever you do dont skimp out on sleep. You're better off being well rested, alert and able to recall information than being exhausted and not being able to retain the information you need.

ShadowLighte

HSC
coffee is your best friend
Believe it or not, I've never actually had coffee on its own as a beverage. Only coffee flavoured things.

Lol some peeps probs say "I'm gonna fail" to get other people's hopes up, nek minnit 100%
I know people like that.

What ever you do dont skimp out on sleep. You're better off being well rested, alert and able to recall information than being exhausted and not being able to retain the information you need.
I never do allnighters but the latest I've stayed up to study would be about 5. Which was last night. I don't know about anyone else but I can't study unless it's late. In the afternoon I'm fidgety and want leisure time reading and gaming and whatnot but after trying to study on and off at around 1AM my concentration kicks in and I'm in full focus until I sleep which I find quite peculiar.

matchalolz

HSC
Believe it or not, I've never actually had coffee on its own as a beverage. Only coffee flavoured things.

I know people like that.

I never do allnighters but the latest I've stayed up to study would be about 5. Which was last night. I don't know about anyone else but I can't study unless it's late. In the afternoon I'm fidgety and want leisure time reading and gaming and whatnot but after trying to study on and off at around 1AM my concentration kicks in and I'm in full focus until I sleep which I find quite peculiar.
maybe try turning noctural idk? i've heard of someone who sleeps as soon as they get home from school and then stay up at night. of course, this isn't an extremely good idea because once u hit uni it's extremely inconvenient. i'm really similar to u, i concentrate really well at 12am+. if my mum didn't rage at me, i would actually sleep when i get home from school until about dinner time and then sleep again at around 3am.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
be a man/woman and drink some coffee!! i would recommend redbull or v during exam periods. i had a V before every hsc exam and it worked out well

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
and don't study before or in between the exams. if you haven't been studying, an extra 5 minutes on revising "eddy currents" isn't going to help

AND it is best not to engage in the pre/post exam bitch - you know what i mean, "how much did you study?" "what did you get?" "how do you think you went?"

after i finished my exams i discussed a few things with the respective teachers (except english) and then left

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
sense of urgency > stress > adrenaline rush > always alert

Yep thats the road I took

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Take care of your body whether it is the exam period or not-your health is the most precious thing you have:)

ShadowLighte

HSC
be a man/woman and drink some coffee!! i would recommend redbull or v during exam periods. i had a V before every hsc exam and it worked out well
And what if I get so hyped up I can't do the exam and get distracted my every sound in the room and whatnot?

sense of urgency > stress > adrenaline rush > always alert

Yep thats the road I took
Huh, makes a lot of sense and is most probably the reason why.

All great tips c:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Exercise, a quick 20 minute walk before an exam/assessment always wakes me up!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)