• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

how do you stop having feelings for someone... (1 Viewer)

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
when you know they dont want you anymore and you know they were never right for you in the first place? I cant seem to reconcile my heart and my head. Is there anything I can do other than just sit here feeling like this until it eventually goes?

Winston

HSC
I usually do lots of work... and just continuously do work, and refrain from talking to people for a while and just get all exhausted from work... but if you see this person often then it's hard... =\

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Keep busy doing other things or have a one night stand.

life4_rent

Loz#1 said:
Keep busy doing other things or have a one night stand.
lol, sounds good in theory, but one night stands just make u feel worse than u already do..

but yeh i agree, keep yourself busy and surround yourself by people who love and adore you.. u'll be right in the end *hugz*just give it time..

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
Winston said:
I usually do lots of work... and just continuously do work, and refrain from talking to people for a while and just get all exhausted from work... but if you see this person often then it's hard... =\
see the only problem is... that I work with him so I see him a minimum of twice a week for like... five hour stretches. Gah. And schoolwork is no help due to my five second concentration span.

Winston

HSC
super katie said:
see the only problem is... that I work with him so I see him a minimum of twice a week for like... five hour stretches. Gah. And schoolwork is no help due to my five second concentration span.
lol ok that's bad, seeing him on such a basis is hard to get over... :p...

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
super katie said:
Then think of all the things about him that piss you off?

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
it takes time, you'll get over it...think of being married to him and having 3000 babies then you'll reconsider

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
think of things that u can do to improve urself and make u more happi (dat does not involve him). i know oil painting/graphic design/cooking for famili cheers me up, so when i am down i do these things. at the end of the day, thru this experience, u will learn more abt urself, and by doing the things u love, you will even get better at them. so its a win-win advantage

J

jhakka

Macccca said:
trying to improve my spelling normally cheers me up, along with speaking like an adult using full words and complete sentances.
Haha, very good.

Umm, I haven't been in that situation, but when I get really down I just go all quiet and don't talk to anyone.

~Dreamer

HSC
go out and meet new people, network, go out with friends and they should bring their friends and so on. meeting new people does the trick for me, makes me realise theres a whole lot more out there!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Macccca said:
trying to improve my spelling normally cheers me up, along with speaking like an adult using full words and complete sentances.
See that's funny because it's "sentences".

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
go on holidays, somewhere where u and he havent been , somewhere where ur family go or something. Thats what i did when i broke up with my boyfriend. Or i just completely ignored the fact that i worked withhim, he was simply a young manager that.. has to give me orders... damnit that made it hard. But if you think about how much stronger you will be at the end of this, itll hopefully make u feel better.

do lots of things that make uhappy, go out withur friends, have a party. do things u enjoy.

good luck :)

Winston

HSC
super katie said:
meh. I'll just... sit and wait for it to go i guess?
yeah try that... back in high school i just couldnt stop staring at the chick i liked... but then i sort of self developed some abstaining abilities to not to look, and then eventually i just slowly stopped liking them...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Immerse yourself in the wonder that is breakup music. Then find some uplifting music and listen to that. Finally add a dash of revenge music.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)