How do you study? What is your routine? (1 Viewer)

madisonelise

HSC
I personally have a timetable to study two subjects a day.
Monday - maths and english
Tue- maths and english
Wed- Business studies and any assignment work
Thurs - Biology and CFS
Fri- Biology and CFS
Sunday- Maths, Religion and Business

I get home and usually write notes, summaries and make tests etc.. Is this the most effective way?

How does everyone else do it ??
Thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss :apig:

Last edited:

ratcher0071

HSC
madisonelise said:
Tue- maths and english
Thurs - Biology and CFS
Fri- Biology and CFS

I get home and usually write notes, summaries and make tests etc.. Is this the most effective way?

Your method is good. All I do is just revise and make notes before the exam.
not the best method !!!! :(

jazzbaby

HSC
madisonelise said:
Tue- maths and english
Thurs - Biology and CFS
Fri- Biology and CFS

why cant i be like you!
lol
well recently i have also made a timetable
its
basically 40 mins for each sub each night except thursdays and fridays

every subject MINUS cafs. lolz

madisonelise

HSC
hahah wow its nothing compared to what some people do at my school. Everyone brings in huge amounts of study cards and personally study cards dont work for me. I hate it when people say that they didnt study etc.. then later on you see heaps of study cards or notes and your like AHHHHHHHH and eventually rip your hair out

Shnurs

HSC
madisonelise said:
I hate it when people say that they didnt study etc.. then later on you see heaps of study cards or notes and your like AHHHHHHHH and eventually rip your hair out
Spot on.

Everyone at my school is always like 'aargh gonna fail, didnt study" and then get 90% +, not because they're really good or just fluked it but because they did study and just wanted to have a fake whinge.

Bastards.

madisonelise

HSC
Shnurs said:
Spot on.

Everyone at my school is always like 'aargh gonna fail, didnt study" and then get 90% +, not because they're really good or just fluked it but because they did study and just wanted to have a fake whinge.

Bastards.
yeah i know!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I just need new ways and ideas for study!!
Does anyone have any??

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
madisonelise said:
yeah i know!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I just need new ways and ideas for study!!
Does anyone have any??
ur study timetable seems fine, if its working keep it.
i realy dont hav a study routine, just do assignments last minute if i get them, and study a bit b4 exams, and just do maths hw everyday if i hav any

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Study? Routine?</sarcasm>

I have no technique at all =/ I really need to start following a timetable for study.

I do keep a summary book for Maths, but my teacher gets us to do that in class. I'm hoping to set up a wiki site or similar sometime so I can keep better summary notes in an online searchable form.

Gleb1

HSC
40 min lol i pratically do 2 hours each subject and then have a rest for 30 min and then go back lol but oh well year 11 you know gets pretty hard if you doint catch up and update with your work.

:)

jules.09

HSC
madisonelise said:
hahah wow its nothing compared to what some people do at my school. Everyone brings in huge amounts of study cards and personally study cards dont work for me. I hate it when people say that they didnt study etc.. then later on you see heaps of study cards or notes and your like AHHHHHHHH and eventually rip your hair out
:jaw: What school is this?

Aplus

HSC
N/A
There are so many threads on this topic. Try the search function or looking around at some of the stickies.

J Ibanez

HSC
Wow I should probably start making a study timetable... Should have thought about that before my preliminaries.
I just look through the syllabus and check what I need to study on, take a break every now and then helps XD
Just scan through the syllabus, make quick notes and know how to apply them.

Yiqun

HSC
Your study timetable seems fine but personally i think studying only two subjects a day gets kind of tiring; spending too much time on one subject.

I spend about 50mins on each subject and depending on what i think needs extra work.

Priorities...

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Yiqun said:
Your study timetable seems fine but personally i think studying only two subjects a day gets kind of tiring; spending too much time on one subject.

I spend about 50mins on each subject and depending on what i think needs extra work.

Priorities...
Year 10 doing 50min on each subject. I feel bad :(. That would be 5 hours of study a day for all my subjects, consistently. Ironically, your spending too much time overall on study :).

jimmayy

HSC
well i just make notes and memorise them, i really have no other way to study honestly aside for maths i do questions and physics aswell and the others like bio SOR and all i just make notes and read them and memories them is that a good way?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I apply several RULES throughout my study routine. Here are the followings:

1. I turn off all the music and alienate myself from all the distractions.
2. I get a right temperature going on in my room. The ideal one is about 25 degrees Celsius.
3. When I make notes, I strictly follow the syllabus and put all the 'extra information' in other notes.
4. I read over my notes constantly. I rarely get to memorise because consistent reading offset that.
5. I ALWAYS get myself involved in a pile of past papers. Past papers are crucial and it is through those papers that you get to familiarise with the contents and get to apply your knowledge.
6. I never over-study. I think the right amount of studying is about 2-3 hours a day with 4 hours being the maximum. But that's just my opinion and that's the routine that fits my body type.
7. But in general, I apply different studying style for different subjects.

jimmayy

HSC
ohhh i do the same but i was wondering just writing down notes and reading them as u write down is that efficient?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
jimmayy said:
ohhh i do the same but i was wondering just writing down notes and reading them as u write down is that efficient?
Entirely depends on the individuals.

HOWEVER, it doesn't really work for me. I tend to take in the information first and write them in my own words.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
jimmayy said:
Understand the concept before jotting down a word.

Mistakes from students is that they just re-write what the textbook says without understanding anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)