How hard is 75 WAM in b.Arts (1 Viewer)

Frostbitten

HSC
As the title says; how hard is it to obtain 75 WAM for first year in a bachelor of Arts? Also what would be the easier majors for B.Arts to get a 75 WAM. Trying to design a plan for the future which could possibly involve getting into B.Arts then transfer to b.commerce with a 75 WAM. Anyone who has actually done this I would appreciate your commentary.

Thankyou BoS.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
The easiest one would the one you like the most.

As for 75 WAM (but for BSc (Adv)), it's challenging but definitely achievable for everyone - even I got 75 WAM (75.38, to be exact) but I admit, it takes a fair bit of effort but you can have a comfortable, balanced lifestyle.

Frostbitten

HSC
The easiest one would the one you like the most.

As for 75 WAM (but for BSc (Adv)), it's challenging but definitely achievable for everyone - even I got 75 WAM (75.38, to be exact) but I admit, it takes a fair bit of effort but you can have a comfortable, balanced lifestyle.
Hmm ok, what ATAR equivalent would a WAM of 75 be? Just trying to get a grasp on the difficulty here. Thanks for replying by the way. :)

Emily Howard

HSC
defs sustained effort although i found first year essay subs very easy if u put da effort in, helps to enjoy wot yer doin

second third year not so easy at the major sydney unis

in regards to majors totally dependent on u n how well u do in dings

cred: plenty ov D's, Band 6 essay subjects in HSC

Frostbitten

HSC
defs sustained effort although i found first year essay subs very easy if u put da effort in, helps to enjoy wot yer doin

second third year not so easy at the major sydney unis

in regards to majors totally dependent on u n how well u do in dings

cred: plenty ov D's, Band 6 essay subjects in HSC
hmmm interesting, thanks for that :) I must say though, dem sum gud creds u got dere. :)

Emily Howard

HSC
my D's came at a cost ov my social lyf n sanity cos i was always better at science

if ur someone who's better at sciences work out sum sort of balance plan to keep sane wen doin essay subs, youll find da all your essays tend to pile up or if u hav multiple essays fo particular subs dey also run close to exams

if u hav any illness eg really bad flu before an exam or leading up to assessment or disability get on da disability uni schemes n dnt be scared to apply for special consideration

GL son

Frostbitten

HSC
I'd probably say low 90s. But performance in the HSC does not neccesarily translate to uni.
Does uni make it hard the way its structured to get such a mark compared to the HSC? Are there any alternative courses you would recommend which are easier to get a 75 WAM at UNSW or would Arts be the best in that sense. Also what sort of dedication is required for this mark? Essentially I want to know will I be spending ridiculous hours each week or casual, regular study?

madharris

HSC
N/A
Does uni make it hard the way its structured to get such a mark compared to the HSC? Are there any alternative courses you would recommend which are easier to get a 75 WAM at UNSW or would Arts be the best in that sense. Also what sort of dedication is required for this mark? Essentially I want to know will I be spending ridiculous hours each week or casual, regular study?
You just need to be consistent with your work, and make sure you don't fall behind.
Make notes each week, make sure you understand them, revise them often, do tute homework (if you have any), do online quizzes and such (if available).

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
It isn't so much due to the units of study itself but more how a student's attitude changes transitioning from high school to university.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
its harder than most people think. tons of people go "lol arts so easy ekkekekekekee" then realize they have 4 essays due at the same time with a total word count of 8000+ in the first year. Languages are the hardest to get good marks. I'd say first year history classes are pretty chill.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd say 75 WAM equates to around 95 ATAR in terms of effort put in but with that said, it's a different playing field and it's hard to exactly say what us equal to what.

It's like trying to compare Year 10 SC to Year 12 HSC/ATAR - it just doesn't work.

Frostbitten

HSC
I'd say 75 WAM equates to around 95 ATAR in terms of effort put in but with that said, it's a different playing field and it's hard to exactly say what us equal to what.

It's like trying to compare Year 10 SC to Year 12 HSC/ATAR - it just doesn't work.
I suppose where you are getting at is that in uni you become a lot more capable with doing the work?

BabBab007

HSC
I would say - incredibly easy. But when I say that, I mean it's easy to understand the work once you've done ALL the readings, depending on your major and participated in class work and received 100% in non-exam assignments. I did a second year IR ARTS course in semester 1 and whilst the content wasn't that bad for me as I have a natural understanding for the humanities field, it did require a lot of time for me to be able to construct an essay or assignment that allowed me to get over 75 in ARTS.

[I fucked up in high school and only got 88 in Advanced English and my friend who's doing law did extremely well in EXT 2 English yet when we both did this course this semester - I received 87/100 and she received 82/100 (to be fair she does law and I do comp sci so it also depends how you study for your other subjects too).]

Frostbitten

HSC
Hmmm, ok then. Does anyone know if it is easier to get a 75 WAM in science than in arts?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I had a friend who tried this, fucked up, gave up and transfered to macquarie to do commerce.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)