How hard is it to get a Band 6 in Legal Studies? (1 Viewer)

laila09

HSC
You can not grade how hard legal studies is and how hard it is to get a band 6. It differs every year and it all depends on what your strengths and weaknesses are. if you are a very maths and science person and not very english like it is rather hard. However if you are into writing etc it is not so hard. However it is impossible to scale.
It is difficult, while can also be hard.
If you are looking for reassurance well here it is;
If you work hard and have achieved good results throughout year eleven then you will be rewarded. You have a good chance at band 6. However just be realistic. Dont worry about the band, just try your best. I have known many people who have been great at this subject and have been thought to achieve a band 6, yet havent. Dont worry and just set realistic standards.
GOOD LUCK!
:uhhuh:

jellybelly59

HSC
You can not grade how hard legal studies is and how hard it is to get a band 6. It differs every year and it all depends on what your strengths and weaknesses are. if you are a very maths and science person and not very english like it is rather hard. However if you are into writing etc it is not so hard. However it is impossible to scale.
It is difficult, while can also be hard.
If you are looking for reassurance well here it is;
If you work hard and have achieved good results throughout year eleven then you will be rewarded. You have a good chance at band 6. However just be realistic. Dont worry about the band, just try your best. I have known many people who have been great at this subject and have been thought to achieve a band 6, yet havent. Dont worry and just set realistic standards.
GOOD LUCK!
:uhhuh:
Nothing to do with english. You don't have to articulate yourself at the same standard that english advanced students are expected. Just answer the question (know the content from the syllabus in and out) with strong evidence and you should be fine. Also, 'maths and science' people can do just as well in legal studies. LOL i topped chem and legals so there's an example - legal studies has no correlation with maths, science or english. Well technically they do since they all use the english language :p

Don't restrict yourself to a standard. In saying that - don't give yourself a limit of band 5. Always aim for the highest possible - in this case a band 6.

"Shoot for the moon even if you miss you'll land among the stars"

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
The thing is that my teacher wants me to get a Band 6 and I don't really want to let him down. Then again I find Legal quite boring and only study for it like a week before the exam. Reckon I can pull offf a Band 6 with that study plan?

shuttle_bus5

HSC
The thing is that my teacher wants me to get a Band 6 and I don't really want to let him down. Then again I find Legal quite boring and only study for it like a week before the exam. Reckon I can pull offf a Band 6 with that study plan?
Well i started making notes 3 days before the cssa religion trial.
Started studying those notes the day before the cssa religion trial.
Ended up getting 88/100 on 3 days of making notes + studdy.
So yes its possible.

lychnobity

HSC
Yep, I averaged 96% throughout the year studying 2-3 days beforehand. (Y)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
My teacher said if my results continue (~90%), I'm Band 6 material.

Just regurgitate the information you're given, AND REMEMBER TO RELATE IT TO THE CURRENT CLIMATE.

So read up on your news, legislation and the like.

kcrocks

HSC
It's definitely not hard to get a band 6 if you like the subject and you put in some effort.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
My class makes it fun - Legal content is boring, so far. Apparently crime is good though.

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
I got a 95/100 HSC mark for Legal Studies. While it's not impossible to achieve a band 6, it's not easy either. It really depends on how you approach the subject. Personally I did not find Legal Studies easy. But I did find it interesting and not overwhelming at all.

Generally you should focus on your essay writing skills, researching current legal issues in the media, finding relevant case law/legislation and studying all your issues thoroughly. You need to have a logical, sustained argument or line of thinking in all of your essays. But most importantly you need to be able to accurately interpret case law/legislation and evaluate how effective these mechanisms are in the legal/court system in addressing your issues.

Legal Studies isn't a subject you can rote learn in a few days. It's best if you have grounded knowledge in the areas you are studying, and develop your own opinions and thoughts on the issues in order to adapt to the essay questions in the HSC exam.

These rules apply to most of the sections in the HSC Legal Studies exams, excluding multiple choice. To address the multiple choice properly, I found it helpful to go through every multiple choice question from past HSC papers. Also I thoroughly read through the textbooks/study guides for Law & Society/Human Rights. I forced myself to read through the Excel and Maq sections on Law & Society/Human Rights many times before the HSC to let everything sink in properly.

Last edited:

ital101

HSC
My teacher said if my results continue (~90%), I'm Band 6 material.

Just regurgitate the information you're given, AND REMEMBER TO RELATE IT TO THE CURRENT CLIMATE.

So read up on your news, legislation and the like.
LOL, because regurgitation demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the course content! :mad1:

wats

HSC
As mentioned above there is no correlation between legal and English, my English wasn't great and I still did well in legal I also did well in physics and maths. In order to do well you need to know the syllabus but not all of it look at past papers Nd look for patterns, avoid learning unneccrssary material and work hard on essays.

P.T.F.E

HSC
it has had the greatest percentang of b6 at my school than any subject... so its either not that difficult or the teacher is good...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)