How helpful was the advice line? (1 Viewer)

How helpful did you find the advice line?

• Total voters

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i rang and asked a question about cloudstreet
and the first person didn't know
so he wrote my question down and 5 mins later i got a call back
the lady was heaps helpful
gave me more information then i thought i would get
she spoke to me for like 30 mins
on something that would only be a paragraph
just to make sure i understood it
i thought it was pretty good
but that was the only time
i'll probs ring alot on the weekend for maths though

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
I rang um twice
once for biology and another for AOS
they were both helpful
i have to ask a question for maths tonight but i have to wait until 4 so until then i am taking a break

= Jennifer =

HSC
i have rang them up four times already

1 for maths
2 for business
1 for english

i think the phone calls when first picked up and they ask for your name number, etc is done in india cause everytime i ring up it is about 8ish at night and the lady i get goes good morning hsc advice line and she has an indian accent has anyone else had this?

i find the teachers are very helpful and they always try to give u that little extra information to give you an edge, which helped today for the business exam thankyou advice line!!

Jezzabelle

OMG! i just rang up to check a little catalyst query .. no biggy.. and then i said ugggh i know chem is tomorrow. but yeh. and JOHN (absolute legend) said "dont stay up to late, you've prepared?"

and then i told him how my chem teacher made us teach ourselves the 3rd core topic and our option topic at home using Surfing revision guides he made us buy.. and John went through the option topic, like the questions they ask for 6 marks and just explained it all!!!! Wat a miracle, i wanna kiss him!!
John I love you!!

xoxoxo :p

nomz

I thought they were really good for studies of religion last night- they spent over two hours calming me down and taught me an entire topic that our school didn't. Without it i would have automatically lost 20 marks of a 50 mark exam and they were just so encouraging. So yeah I found it heaps useful and i would love to thank them!

Managore

HSC
I rung up 3 times altogether. Once for religion and twice for english. The first english and the religion were both great, with them helping me extensively. For english, the discussion lasted 3/4 of an hour. The second english phone call, they put me through to someone who hadn't studied that particular text, but were still able to help eventually. So, it was very helpful, an invaluable resource. You get to hear professional information that may be from a different perspective than your teachers, which can help. In other words, a wonderful, free, tutor.

Good work advice line.

princesssparkle

Advice line not up to scratch

i have found the service most unhelpful this year!
i have called twice.
the first time for business studies i asked was there a difference between pricing methods and strategies. the teacher asked me what textbook i was using and then read to me from the textbook. big lot of help that was!! i ended up calling my friend who sorted it out for me.
the second time i called for ancient thinking its ok i'll get someone who understands the syllabus. i asked a question on the role of eurybiades in the persian war. just to clariffy i couldnt find the answer at that point in time. the teacher thought i wanted to talk about 800- 550 when my question was on 500-440 BC. Then she hadnt heard of eurybiades and read from the textbook for me (AGAIN!) and read about Leonardis the spartan king. i told her i didnt understand so she went to talk to the supervisor and she came back with the answer- he was spartan and fought in salamis. during the time she was away i had found the right answer which was he was Lacemadonian (which is Greek but not central spartan) and fought in Artemisium. i told her i thought she was wrong she got huffy and hung up on me!!!
i know the service has been good in the past. one of my relatives did the advice line for a number of years and supervised it. also one of the teachers at school applied to do it with a number of years experience in hsc marking and with the advice line and was knocked back. i dont think this years people are up to scratch! sorry B.O.S. better luck wiht next years students.

HSC
i called for 2 and 3 unit english, specifically about the tempest, frontline and post-modernism. i found them helpful, although with the tempest it took them a while to fully understand what i was asking. however to be fair i was nervous and inarticulate cuz it was the night before and all :p once she fully understood what i was asking it was all goodly

mishka

HSC
N/A
i didn't end up calling. i was going to, just so i could say i had, but i thought i'd be using up the time of someone who really wanted to ask a question... :)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I only called a couple of times for English, it was alright...

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
i called once for bio and it was absolute crap. i asked this guy a question and even gave him the two possibilites and he was like "Why do you expect me to know?" and i was all "umm, coz its on the bio syllabus and this is the bio advice line..." and hung up. idiot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)