How important do you think is the knowledge you learn from year 7-10.. (1 Viewer)

stefgi32

Meh
HSC
N/A
Following up to the HSC?

Let's say someone bludges throughout their schooling career and puts minimal effort into everything....they never did all that well, but they manage to pass each year. Do you think it is possible for that student to get their act together in the final two years and a get good ATAR despite neglecting their early schooling? How important do you think the knowledge from the previous years are, for example do you think a year 11 student should be able to sit a year 7 exam and ace it or is that not so important?

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
It's not that important. Nothing you can't catch up on if you don't know it.

Only issues you'll have are with English, in the form of strongly structured essays, and Maths' concepts, if you choose to do it. Even then, that's not too hard to catch up on. Other than that, it doesn't matter too much.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
A lot of information I've learnt through Years 7-10 I haven't retained, but some (especially Maths) is vital to have learnt. I know I could probably sit a Year 7 Geography test and I might not know a lot because I've forgotten or it wasn't taught when I was in Year 7.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
In terms of content, it won't really matter. It terms of your ability to comprehend and compose, it matters quite a bit, which you'll need to catch up on quickly.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
In my experience not very important at all on all counts. Hell, i didn't even 'pass' a lot of subjects in years 7-10 but i pulled my shit together for prelim and the HSC and went pretty well.

xV1P3R

HSC
Maybe some of the stuff you did in Years 7-10 science could help in Who wants to be a millionaire, or trivia night.

Otherwise, it's close to useless.

stefgi32

Meh
HSC
N/A
is that you? :D

and yes it definitely is possible.
Kinda, yeah. haha I was a straight C and D student throughout middle school. But these posts are quite encouraging that I can still make it. :p

LOVE your signature btw...love that show, dislike Tyra Banks.....

gesh17

HSC
N/A
Personally, I reckon it's probably best to have a gradual yet consistent rise academically and pretty much hit your peak around the half-yearlies in Yr 12. It works well in theory...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)