• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How is the class of 05 coping with the pressure of HSC (2 Viewers)

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
wrong_turn said:
synopsis for this post: ranting of how little time we have until we finish and want of my jersey. :p

holy shit!!! i just realised that! we have only 2 terms til the end of our schooling. there has been so mcuh stuff that i havent done to the school yet :D and we still haven't got our jerseys yet. its shit how our jersy manufacturer won't give us the jerseys, even though we haven't completely paid yet.

in recent years, they have allowed it, and people who haven't paid yet can pay later. because until those few individuals pay, the whole year doesn't get their jersey.
My school was like that, it was shit!!! :uhhuh:

chooky_girl26

Lyshiez
HSC
Uni Grad
NEEEDDDDDDDD SOOOMMMEEEEEE SLLLEEEEPPPPPPP i'ma looking like a zombie here

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i have to get up at 6.15 every morning for class as 7.45am for 4 days of the week. i should be the mother of all zombies by now.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
ouch >.< we're all under the enemy of time.

Ack, its really stupid how they set u assessment tasks like 4 days before our exams begin in school.. I'm like trying to balance my study..hopefully I'll know how to prepare later on for the next exam before the hsc.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Rekkusu said:
ouch >.< we're all under the enemy of time.

Ack, its really stupid how they set u assessment tasks like 4 days before our exams begin in school.. I'm like trying to balance my study..hopefully I'll know how to prepare later on for the next exam before the hsc.
Last year my School set our trials around the date that our major artworks were due, so I was pulling my hair out trying to do both my artwork and study for exams. I swear our schools are out to make life as difficult as possible, so that we're on the path to insanity!!!!!

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Tulipa said:
Yeah my trials are around the time my ee2 is due and I just know that if I'm stressing now for halfies then I will be positively freaking out then.

funny note: stayed up til 3 the other night studying for SOR and English, writing notes and revising my related texts (english).

Was apparently hysterically funny on MSN but cannot remember it at all, most people asked how much weed I'd had that night. I barely made it through the exams. Moral of story? never stay on MSN when you're exhausted to the point of appearing stoned!!
I know exactly what you mean :D

snowblack

bleh
HSC
Tulipa said:
Yeah my trials are around the time my ee2 is due and I just know that if I'm stressing now for halfies then I will be positively freaking out then.

funny note: stayed up til 3 the other night studying for SOR and English, writing notes and revising my related texts (english).

Was apparently hysterically funny on MSN but cannot remember it at all, most people asked how much weed I'd had that night. I barely made it through the exams. Moral of story? never stay on MSN when you're exhausted to the point of appearing stoned!!
yeh i know how shit is that...i have ee2 and extension history due just wen i have trials....i think i shud delete msn ....

DanielleM

HSC
l have had 1/2 my 1/2/ yearlys over now! Yay l feel much more relaxed!
dont stress about them.. they rnt worth stressing over.. even though l did and it wasnt worth it in the end..
ALSO try and do your study notes as you go.. l found this really helpful, as closer to the exams l didnt have to worry bout them and l could just concentrate on studying!

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
DanielleM said:
dont stress about them.. they rnt worth stressing over.. even though l did and it wasnt worth it in the end..
ALSO try and do your study notes as you go.. l found this really helpful, as closer to the exams l didnt have to worry bout them and l could just concentrate on studying!
That's some good advice, I'm probably going to get shot now by everyone reading this thread!! lol... :p :D :uhhuh:

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
ouch, champ_sammy's trial time is even worse ><

But I can probably say that for all the schools, its so stupid, they should make it where in Year 11 they've already tought you like year 12 stuff, so taht by the time its year 12, its thorough revision. Darn, who made the education system ><

Danielle is feeling much better.. I still wont be doing my half-yearlies till like next week wednesday, and that'll only be english and chemistry... arhgghghhg, this is total torture.. not to mention I'm gonna have to stay up tonite, just to finish some eco essay that our teacher gave to us kinda abit late.

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
I'm not coping with the stress. I have two more assessments due next week and then I have half-yearlies, and I haven't finished my assessments yet, and I haven't studied for my exams, nor have I finished my summaries! I'm so stressed, and there's only 7 months to go before the HSC, and I don't know how I'm going to manage. I keep telling myself to consistently study, but it's half-yearlies and I haven't even done that. I'm freaking out! I'm stressed out! It's so bad, I can't get to sleep some nights because I'm thinking about the number of things I have to get through...and I'm not exaggerating or over-reacting...It's sOOoO BAD! I'm waiting for the holidays so I can catch up on sleep and go ahead of class for summaries....and some people in my grade are handling it so well, they have already finished their assessments, have finished summaries, and are already stuyding and revising!

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i was so down about my ancient history academically until today when i got 22/25, when i got 12/20 for my first assessment.

i feel confident again! :p

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
hyperbole said:
I'm not coping with the stress. I have two more assessments due next week and then I have half-yearlies, and I haven't finished my assessments yet, and I haven't studied for my exams, nor have I finished my summaries! I'm so stressed, and there's only 7 months to go before the HSC, and I don't know how I'm going to manage. I keep telling myself to consistently study, but it's half-yearlies and I haven't even done that. I'm freaking out! I'm stressed out! It's so bad, I can't get to sleep some nights because I'm thinking about the number of things I have to get through...and I'm not exaggerating or over-reacting...It's sOOoO BAD! I'm waiting for the holidays so I can catch up on sleep and go ahead of class for summaries....and some people in my grade are handling it so well, they have already finished their assessments, have finished summaries, and are already stuyding and revising!
Try to look at the little pictures, rather than looking at the whole big picture i.e 7 months before the HSC otherwise the more you look at it like that the more stress & axiety you create within youself. Instead break thinks down into smaller picture which are easier to look at and manage. For example look at the next four weeks and organise yourself to tackle the stuff for the next for weeks. By this I mean say to yourself "right, I have this assesment due in the first week, then the half yearly's then this assesment due." And then say "ok... I'm going to work on my assesment for an hour, then put that aside and study for half an hour and then work on assesment B for an hour" The key here is to set short-term goals. to make things a little easier try breaking down the picture even more and set your goals for either every two weeks or every week. Day by day is also a good idea.
Good luck, I hope that advice helps :)

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
my school is very laid back and no one really is getting that stressed.

hardly anyone studies. instead of feeling guilt or obligation; most if us just laugh and go do something totally irrelevant and brainless. tell them to study more than 15 hours a week and they'd laugh right in your face and tell you to get real.

example: today we had our english 1/2 yearly, and basically no one finished the test, some people didn't even start on the last essay. everyone was happy afterwards and negativity was minimal.

but coming on BoS forums has been an eye opener. makes me realise how competitive the HSC actually is - which will probably be what saves my marks in the end.

so since registering here, i've been packin' it.

haha.

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
I don't know about that structure bit. You know some people will spend hours making all their notes beautiful with colors, margins and what not. Making everything perfect, neat and tidy. I think they're wasting their time. For example, when I do maths exercises I do all of it on scrap paper and then toss it out once I've checked my answers. It's a lot more efficient than those people always making sure they've done everything perfect and then filing their notes and wtf ever else rofl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)