How long can Pakistan survive? (1 Viewer)

mrcalkin

Banned
HSC
Why do people care so much seriously, most of Africa has been worse than pakistan for years, parts of africa are controlled by rebels lets start worrying about that.

Pakistan is apparently a "leading ally with the US", i guess they need them cause of Afghanistan.

My solution:
Remove the tribal laws for a couple of years, and bring in the government laws let everything settle down then again let the tribal laws take shape.
Because they have nukes, nukes in the wrong hands= innocent people dead.

So solution will never work, everyone know with half a brain it wont.

Venom.

HSC
Can this thread plz die?

Pakistan will not break up in the near future, quote me for this.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Why do people care so much seriously, most of Africa has been worse than pakistan for years, parts of africa are controlled by rebels lets start worrying about that.

Pakistan is apparently a "leading ally with the US", i guess they need them cause of Afghanistan.

My solution:
Remove the tribal laws for a couple of years, and bring in the government laws let everything settle down then again let the tribal laws take shape.
Wow.
You're a little bit brain deficient, aren't you?

Venom.

HSC
Wow.
You're a little bit brain deficient, aren't you?
Lolzacopter. I missed that post on first reading.

And people who point to the Taliban gaining power and implementing Sharia law in Swat as a sign of the Taliban taking over Pakistan are ridiculous. First of all, the group is despised across Pakistan. Secondly, Swat makes up 3% of the total area of Pakistan. I've heard "US Security Analysts" saying that Al Qaeda and the Taliban are rooted in 66% of the country.

Stupid war mongerers. Its a front for an invasion into Pakistan.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Lolzacopter. I missed that post on first reading.

And people who point to the Taliban gaining power and implementing Sharia law in Swat as a sign of the Taliban taking over Pakistan are ridiculous. First of all, the group is despised across Pakistan. Secondly, Swat makes up 3% of the total area of Pakistan. I've heard "US Security Analysts" saying that Al Qaeda and the Taliban are rooted in 66% of the country.

Stupid war mongerers. Its a front for an invasion into Pakistan.
Nah, obviously the Taliban Islamists aren't going to take over Pakistan. The real worry is that the Swat valley represents something far worse than an Islamist government armed with nuclear weapons: a non-government armed with nuclear weapons.
Basically, the threat from Swat represents the weakness of the Pakistani government in their own goddam country, not necessarily the strength of the Taliban. Realistically, people are worried that Pakistan will turn into the Asian version of Somalia, except with nukes. No-one honestly expects a few thousand crazy jihadis armed with Klashnikovs and rat-eared Qur'ans to take over a country of 150 million peasants.

Venom.

HSC
Nah, obviously the Taliban Islamists aren't going to take over Pakistan. The real worry is that the Swat valley represents something far worse than an Islamist government armed with nuclear weapons: a non-government armed with nuclear weapons.
Basically, the threat from Swat represents the weakness of the Pakistani government in their own goddam country, not necessarily the strength of the Taliban. Realistically, people are worried that Pakistan will turn into the Asian version of Somalia, except with nukes. No-one honestly expects a few thousand crazy jihadis armed with Klashnikovs and rat-eared Qur'ans to take over a country of 150 million.
I see where you're coming from. Though you need to understand that the government is distinctly separated from the army, which still remains an extremely strong force within Pakistan. The day that the army looks to become unstable is the day people should start worrying.

The government realistically has no control over the actions of the army, and hence has no power over the nukes at hand.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Nah, I would doubt the Pakistani military's strength. Sticking with Swat Valley, if they are still the most powerful force in the country, then why not take back Swat? I can see few decent reasons for them to be enjoying the Islamist control in the valley.

Venom.

HSC
I myself think its to destabilise the government further in the beginnings of another military coup. Which isn't too bad an idea given the current circumstances.

I guess they could just nuke the fuck out of Swat and have it over with, if really required.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I don't think they'd be too popular for nuking their own people. Even if they are crazy Islamists.

Venom.

HSC
I don't think they'd be too popular for nuking their own people. Even if they are crazy Islamists.
Well around 95% of the country's security issues originate from that region, so public outrage would quieten down after a bit. Though if border security with Afghanistan was tightened much earlier, we wouldn't have had the emergence of a central Taliban in Pakistan. Meh too late.

mrcalkin

Banned
HSC
I see where you're coming from. Though you need to understand that the government is distinctly separated from the army, which still remains an extremely strong force within Pakistan. The day that the army looks to become unstable is the day people should start worrying.

The government realistically has no control over the actions of the army, and hence has no power over the nukes at hand.
the army fought in swat and lost. The army is not that of that 1960's and 1970's. Its a bunch of money mongrels.

Also there would be huge backlash if pakistan nuked the area, also radiation affect.

Venom.

HSC
the army fought in swat and lost. The army is not that of that 1960's and 1970's. Its a bunch of money mongrels.

Also there would be huge backlash if pakistan nuked the area, also radiation affect.
Calkin, the US and its allies fought the Taliban in the same rough ragged terrain and lost. So do you think if the Taliban came down into an open playing field that they'd actually give a fight to the Army? No way jose. They'll keep these mini suicide bombings going, but I dont see any real threat to the security of Pakistan's nukes.

I was joking about nuking the area.

fleckar

HSC
The Russians fought and lost, the US is fighting and the Taliban is still there in tribal areas on the Pakistan border and in the south-west but most moved to Pakistan.

fleckar

HSC
I think he means 'lost' as in, they've already lost but they just don't know it yet. I would agree with that. The Taliban isn't just some minority "extremist" group that he US can just wipe out. The Taliban comes from Islamic ideals and Islamic law, used to govern a state.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I think he means 'lost' as in, they've already lost but they just don't know it yet. I would agree with that. The Taliban isn't just some minority "extremist" group that he US can just wipe out. The Taliban comes from Islamic ideals and Islamic law, used to govern a state.
A state they don't have. And thousands of their recruits have died since 2001.
There will always be a few hundred crazies who will want an Islamic state in teh region. But the vast majority of Taliban fighters are just poor kids who would otherwise be moderate and have joined the Taliban for a variety of personal reasons. Maybe they want revenge for the death of a loved one. Maybe they feel some sense of nationalistic anti-imperialist pride. Maybe they recognise that the Taliban is in the ascendant and want in on the spoils of war. Maybe they faced death if they didn't join. Who knows.

Venom.

HSC
Yeah I'm aware of this.

The problem currently is

Which seems to lack any authenticity.
Parlabane man, the Afghanistan war is the new Vietnam. They will never be able to exterminate the Taliban in Afghanistan, so they have lost.

mrcalkin

Banned
HSC
Calkin, the US and its allies fought the Taliban in the same rough ragged terrain and lost. So do you think if the Taliban came down into an open playing field that they'd actually give a fight to the Army? No way jose. They'll keep these mini suicide bombings going, but I dont see any real threat to the security of Pakistan's nukes.

I was joking about nuking the area.
Lahore attack?
A number of things will cause it to break up. E.g Sindh wanting independence, bolch wnting independence

nerd4lyf

HSC
jOKE!

THERE ARE 3 GUYZ,,,,,,1 AMERICAN , 1 INDIAN , AND 1 PAKISTANI

the indian sayz "OMG! IN THE PRISONZ IN INDIA, THE CRIMINALZ HAVE TO SUFFER DUE TO A LARGE NUMBER OF INMATES.."

the american sayz "OMG U SRZ??...IN OUR PRISONZ THE CRIMINALZ HAVE A GYM, BASKETBALL COURT, KITCHEN AND A POOL "

paki guy goes "PFFFFFFFT IN PAKISTAN,,WE LET OUR CRIMINALZ LEAD THE COUNTRYY""

pretty mCuh sumz up y pakistan iz fkt at dis very moment....LEADERZ!

nerd4lyf

HSC
well

you make no sense

bkoz the corruption in Pakistan is amateur corruption compared to US..n US call them selves CHRISTIAN

prooving that is another topic on itz own so we wont go there :p

so they are not all muslims huh.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)