How long can Pakistan survive? (1 Viewer)

44Ronin

HSC
The U.S and the coalition didn't have the balls to force pakistan to get it's shit together.

Venom.

HSC
Exphate. Pakistan have a 700,000 man army.
The Taliban have 7000 random fighters, mostly recruited villagers.

There is ZERO threat of impending takeover.

44Ronin

HSC

No, the taliban is only 2.5 hours drive from the capital :rolleyes:

Venom.

HSC
No, the taliban is only 2.5 hours drive from the capital :rolleyes:
In the mountainous region of Swat. As soon as they come anywhere near the open there will be an annihilation.

But then again, keep eating that media bullshit, I'm sure America will devise a reason to invade anyways.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC

This depends a lot on the loyalties of the army.

My contacts inform me that whilst the upper echelons of the army are pro-american there is increasing radicalisation among junior officers and the rank and file. This was based on time spent in-country for business a couple of years ago - I daresay that the army has not become more liberal since.

Venom.

HSC
This depends a lot on the loyalties of the army.

My contacts inform me that whilst the upper echelons of the army are pro-american there is increasing radicalisation among junior officers and the rank and file. This was based on time spent in-country for business a couple of years ago - I daresay that the army has not become more liberal since.
I think your 'contact' is mainly source, namely, sauce.

Regardless of that, I doubt any significant portion of the army is that radicalised. The general consensus among Pakistanis is hate for the Taliban, mainly due to the way in which they conduct themselves (murder, suicide bombings). Their so called "swift justice" as opposed to government corruption will always fail. (note - see last few election results, religious parties have gained maybe 1 seat in total)

I think the only issue is, we arent ever going to beat them. If they're destroyed at Swat, they'll just restart their suicide bombing campaign in the major city centres. IMO they should get as many civilians out as possible and nuke the fuckers.

HSC
I think your 'contact' is mainly source, namely, sauce.

Regardless of that, I doubt any significant portion of the army is that radicalised. The general consensus among Pakistanis is hate for the Taliban, mainly due to the way in which they conduct themselves (murder, suicide bombings). Their so called "swift justice" as opposed to government corruption will always fail. (note - see last few election results, religious parties have gained maybe 1 seat in total)

I think the only issue is, we arent ever going to beat them. If they're destroyed at Swat, they'll just restart their suicide bombing campaign in the major city centres. IMO they should get as many civilians out as possible and nuke the fuckers.
no

Venom.

HSC
You made the claim. Back it up, or shut the fuck up and get the fuck out.
I'm quite sure the peace-mongerers that the Taliban are would be openly welcomed in Pakistan. :vcross:

Read the fuckin post dipshit, in the last election religious parties won under 3 seats in parliament.

MissSarajevo

HSC
I personally believe Pakistan should be given to its rightful owner that is India. This artificial country has no legitimacy to exist as a nation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)