How many books have you read so far? (1 Viewer)

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
Average number of books most people read in a year is 50. (source: reader's digest) That means from January 2005 to June 2005, most would or should have read about 25

So far in the year..... If you've read:

5 or below : must not like reading
5 - 10 : aint good
10 - 15: below average
15-20: read a bit more to catch up
20-25: average. doing well
25-30: above average
30-35: must love reading
35 + : superb...that means over 70 books a year! :rofl:

Let me start first. I've read:

Oliver Twist, Persuasion, Northanger Abbey, Digital Fortress, Mansfield Park, Book of Lies, To Kill a Mocking Bird, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, My Place, Feeling sorry for Celia, The Child Called It

That means I read 11. Below average. Multiply that by two and that means I read at least 22 books a year . .

WannaBang?

HSC
Number of books I've read in the past 2 years = 0.

No joke, I don't read (except for the newspapers).

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Ive probably read about 25ish... I have a job and I dont have as much time to read :(

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
nerdsforever said:
Average number of books most people read in a year is 50. (source: reader's digest) That means from January 2005 to June 2005, most would or should have read about 25

So far in the year..... If you've read:

5 or below : must not like reading
5 - 10 : aint good
10 - 15: below average
15-20: read a bit more to catch up
20-25: average. doing well
25-30: above average
30-35: must love reading
35 + : superb...that means over 70 books a year! :rofl:

Let me start first. I've read:

Oliver Twist, Persuasion, Northanger Abbey, Digital Fortress, Mansfield Park, Book of Lies, To Kill a Mocking Bird, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, My Place, Feeling sorry for Celia, The Child Called It

That means I read 11. Below average. Multiply that by two and that means I read at least 22 books a year . .
I really hope you succeed in HSC English :)

Due to my course, i'd read (on average) 2 books a week, plus 'supplementary' readings. I don't always finish though.

Also that finding from reader's digest is quite interesting. 50 books seems a lot from a prole's perspective ;)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
There is no way the average bogan reads 1 book a week.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Do textbooks count? Only thing I read this year was 1984 lol.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
withoutaface said:
There is no way the average bogan reads 1 book a week.
Seriously. My dad reads like, alot, and only manages like 6-7 books a month.

raven112

HSC
well i cant remember the exact number of books this year, but around 25. I havent been able to read as many as a did last year because now i have a lot more homework and assignments to do:angry:

u-borat

Banned
HSC
In a good year, I'm well over 100/year...but I've had other stuff this year, most notably school to contend with.
Maybe just 5-10 books in the last half year?
I'll catch up to the quota after HSC. :p

WannaBang?

HSC
JFK said:
LOL I LUV ReaDIng I ReaD heApz OF BooKz LyK aLL t3H Time. GiRlfrieNd, VoGue, soemTimeZ FHM wiF my BoooO. ummm. I lyk GoOSeBumpZ hehehe and um I reLLy Lyk JanE AusTen"s BooKSz. I hAveN't Read anY but I sAw thE movie CLuEless wHich is Lyk BasED on heR bookZ someoNe tolD me hehehe. I <3 AliciA siLveRsTonE, HEaps OF pEoplE telL me I loOK likE her But I Don'T see IT hehe
LMFAO! Just LMFAO! Are those 'books' you read heaps, like, InTTerEEstInG?

HSC
There's no chance the average person reads 50 books of decent length per year. I'd even dispute half that.

HSC
emma
my place
king lear
chronicles of narnia (all 7)
the amulet of samarkand
the golem's eye
ptolemy's gate
twilight
escape
gossip girl (x2, can't remember the titles)

overall 17.

eliseliselise

HSC
if there's saying that the "average" "person" reads 50 books per year then they must have only surveyed pensioners/elders. or reader's digest subscribers...

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
no idea, probably a couple of thousand. I am a pretty quick reader and i have been reading big boy books since i was pretty young, like 4 or 5.. at about 12 i had read just about everything that interested me in the local library so i had to move on to the bigger libraries in other suburbs..

If we include non-fiction, assigned readings, textbooks, journal articles....well i have read a shitload.... it was pretty much my only hobby before i became an internet addict, and i still read maybe an hour a day minimum, if i have the time then much more.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Serius said:
no idea, probably a couple of thousand. I am a pretty quick reader and i have been reading big boy books since i was pretty young, like 4 or 5.. at about 12 i had read just about everything that interested me in the local library so i had to move on to the bigger libraries in other suburbs..

If we include non-fiction, assigned readings, textbooks, journal articles....well i have read a shitload.... it was pretty much my only hobby before i became an internet addict, and i still read maybe an hour a day minimum, if i have the time then much more.
What are you, Matilda?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
veloc1ty said:
There's no chance the average person reads 50 books of decent length per year. I'd even dispute half that.
It's difficult to find 50 books worth reading, ever.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
No, what I said is actually true.

Far too many books are published each year. Most are a waste of time for all involved.

HSC
Even if 99% published each year were a waste of time, that's still a hell of a lot of good books left.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)