How many days are typically spent at uni? (1 Viewer)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
With UNSW Engineering you can get a 4 day timetable (with maybe one odd 1 or 2 hour lecture on the extra day like how I did this year for both semesters).

With courses with about 12 contact hours a week at UNSW, if you are good enough at organising a timetable you can make one for 2 days only. Usually however you would get a 3 day timetable.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
I don't entirely understand why people want to cut down their time at uni so much, unless they have to work a certain number of days to pay for rent or something. Uni is fab, especially getting involved in extracurriculars like clubs and societies, going to events, making the most of the social side of uni.

Sure if you only have 12 hours, you can cram it into 2 days, but those will be long and tiring days where you'll end up too exhausted to do anything else. Why not spread things out a little if it's suitable with whatever work situation you have going on, and use the time you're at uni, but not in lectures, to do something fun and different.

emilios

HSC
I don't entirely understand why people want to cut down their time at uni so much, unless they have to work a certain number of days to pay for rent or something. Uni is fab, especially getting involved in extracurriculars like clubs and societies, going to events, making the most of the social side of uni.

Sure if you only have 12 hours, you can cram it into 2 days, but those will be long and tiring days where you'll end up too exhausted to do anything else. Why not spread things out a little if it's suitable with whatever work situation you have going on, and use the time you're at uni, but not in lectures, to do something fun and different.
mostly due to work - always could do with a bit of extra cash. plus for some of us the commute is horrible. i think 3 days is great though, you can still get involved in some extra-currics

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah the commute is pretty annoying. Saving a day's worth of commute on public transport is saving nearly $40 per semester, which I'd rather keep :p

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

This is pretty much my approach and hence the reason for my 6 day weeks at uni this past semester.

And that includes roughly 2.5 to 3 hours of travel a day.

mreditor16

HSC
mostly due to work - always could do with a bit of extra cash. plus for some of us the commute is horrible. i think 3 days is great though, you can still get involved in some extra-currics
ditto, same position here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)