• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

how many hours do you study a day? (1 Viewer)

jamesfirst

HSC
hmm I tend to avoid drinking energy drinks or up and go since they're not good in the long term..

So true. I had 2 mothers in allnighter at PC.

Was dehydrated and fucked up for 2 consecutive days. But I love the taste and fizz of those drinks :D

I will get hammered by them after the HSC....

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah coffee instead.
I don't drink it that much either for similar reasons :L

So true. I had 2 mothers in allnighter at PC.

Was dehydrated and fucked up for 2 consecutive days. But I love the taste and fizz of those drinks :D

I will get hammered by them after the HSC....
though tbh I prefer to do not as good without energy drinks than doing well with the energy drinks coz that means my health will be better, and as a result, I feel better :)

and there we go.... avoid all nighters at all times :p

jamesfirst

HSC
I don't drink any caffeine. It's only in special occasions.

The thing I drink the most is water... and maybe orange juice

HSC
i pretty much just drink water too.....what happens if you have to go to the bathroom during an HSC exam? does someone have to supervise you so you dont look at some extra notes or something?

jamesfirst

HSC
i pretty much just drink water too.....what happens if you have to go to the bathroom during an HSC exam? does someone have to supervise you so you dont look at some extra notes or something?
Probably not.

Some people have cheated that way before. But that's such a waste of time.... :p

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You put your hand up, and if there isn't anyone in there already, you go, there was always 1 person standing outside the bathroom for us, not inside tho, so if you do take too long they'll go after you.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Some people have cheated that way before. But that's such a waste of time.... :p
It really is. In most cases, the time lost in trying to cheat will affect you more than the information gained by cheating.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Lol if you have to resort to looking at notes in the toilet, it's probably assumed you haven't done much work all year, and you'll probably still fail.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Lol if you have to resort to looking at notes in the toilet, it's probably assumed you haven't done much work all year, and you'll probably still fail.
Well, fail is a long shot. But you won't be in the top tier range.

HSC
haha i would never do it...but i know someone who did in the trials. seems like more of a loss than a gain

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Different things work for different people - if you're a crammer, then you still have hope. If you're like me, on the other hand, and it takes a while for the information to 'sink in' (per se), then if you're starting to study now, you're pretty fucked. Consistent studying in small amounts is what works best for the latter group of people.

jnney

lemon
HSC
I couldnt cram even if my life depended on it.

jamesfirst

HSC
Different things work for different people - if you're a crammer, then you still have hope. If you're like me, on the other hand, and it takes a while for the information to 'sink in' (per se), then if you're starting to study now, you're pretty fucked. Consistent studying in small amounts is what works best for the latter group of people.
Like I.

Hate people who thinks they're smarter than me because they don't study and I study everyday... But I end up beating them... How the fuck does that work?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Hate people who thinks they're smarter than me because they don't study and I study everyday... But I end up beating them... How the fuck does that work?
It's difficult to assess 'smarts' based upon the HSC, though. I did well in the HSC, however, I wouldn't classify myself as anymore street-smart or logical-smart than the person next to me. Book-smart, possibly, but none of the other smarts.

Edit: That's not to say that you're not smarter than other people because you beat them in the HSC. I'm just saying that just as a caveat.

SpreadTheWord

HSC
2-5 hrs for me, saying that sometimes i stay to about midnight studying. I break it up of course. Weekends like now, probably 3-9. Still not enough i feel to cover each subject comprehensively, especially when you have the added burden of assignments during your bloody week before trials.

Not healthy, but aye, you have plenty of time to relax when you have got that Atar you need.

musing

HSC
I haven't done MUCH consistent studying this year. I only did the minimal when required, like for an upcoming assessment task or exams. Since trials are coming up in a month and I'm on a holiday break now--I think it's time for me to start studying seriously now and drink shitloads of coffee.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
IMO drinking coffee doesn't really help that much, if you're sleepy you'll sleep, if you're willing to stay up and study you'll do that without coffee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)