• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How many hours of hw/studying do U do? (1 Viewer)

D

dzzlng_07

I reckon yr11 is overrated. at least at the moment it is or maybe its just my school. we dont get half as much hw as i thought we would, or maybe its the teachers..
so i was wondering how many hours of hw/studying do the rest of you yr11's do?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
dzzlng_07 said:
I reckon yr11 is overrated. at least at the moment it is or maybe its just my school. we dont get half as much hw as i thought we would, or maybe its the teachers..
it is a bit i guess. but you've only just started hehe !

Akeru

Rain maker
HSC
A lot of homework and not much studying.
More or less, 3 hours on average for each school night except Friday nights.
I try to get as much done, otherwise it's forwarded to tomorrow or the weekend.

volition

arr.
HSC
If you're doing an accelerated course in year 11, devote lots of time to that instead :) . I think as long as you can understand the year 11 stuff, you're better off just summarising year 12 textbooks (go to the library and use them there for free)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Careful you don't burn out before year 12 starts. :p

Have fun while you can.

moxie

HSC
well im in yr 12 now and last yr i never studied...at all. as long as you have general understanding of what your teachers are raving about you shoudl be fine. but remember if your going to continue the subject in yr 12 then alot of things in yr 12 build on the thigns learnt in yr 11, so before completely ignoring the work and obsessively procrastinating find out if you need to know about it in yr 12. other than that if you bomb out in yr 11 no one even looks at your yr 11 results so your sweet as a powerade!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
For maths: do your homework! Learn your formulae and know how to apply them to problems. It pays off in year 12 when you do have an idea of what your teacher is on about. Everything in year 12 maths from general all the way up to 4 unit requires a solid understanding of the basics, and it is from the basics that you develop your understanding of the harder concepts in maths. :cool:

P

pLuvia

Languages, you have to know your Preliminary stuff or then in HSC you are practically screwed, because the courses are integrated and that you wouldn't know when year 12 started :p

Science, know your preliminary things, assumed knowledge for year 12

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
Don't study at all except for maths.
i second this, and even then only study enough so you dont fail

and even if u do fail, remember: yr11 doesnt matter

coolkoombaya

HSC
at my school, everyone studies and stuff, stress out, even though its lyk not even the 3rd week of year 11 yet.

dont these kinda ppl blow up/burn out, b4 the hsc or sumthign?

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
coolkoombaya said:
at my school, everyone studies and stuff, stress out, even though its lyk not even the 3rd week of year 11 yet.

dont these kinda ppl blow up/burn out, b4 the hsc or sumthign?
That or they get 100. Probably the former.

I_F

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
dzzlng_07 said:
hehe, I'll be lucky if I do half an hour of homework/study per day

volition said:
If you're doing an accelerated course in year 11, devote lots of time to that instead . I think as long as you can understand the year 11 stuff, you're better off just summarising year 12 textbooks (go to the library and use them there for free)
Listen to what he says, its true

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I study for about an hour on weekends. The only prelim homework that i've gotten so far is for maths i get about 10-30 mintues worth every night.

D

dzzlng_07

volition said:
If you're doing an accelerated course in year 11, devote lots of time to that instead :)
umm... accelerated course?? as in .. doing yr12 stuff in year 11 right? :bomb:

say if you do the year 12 course in year 11, wouldn't u forget by the time you do it again?

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
dzzlng_07 said:
umm... accelerated course?? as in .. doing yr12 stuff in year 11 right? :bomb:

say if you do the year 12 course in year 11, wouldn't u forget by the time you do it again?
Yeah, you would do the Year 12 course in a year before Year 12, so Year 11, Year 10 and so on.

No, he means doing the HSC exam for that course before Year 12. You get the chance to do it again in year 12, but most people do an accelerated course to remove that subject from their HSC exam timetable in year 12, to focus on their other subjects

47sniper

HSC
N/A
yay first year 11 post =D
I study about an hour a day, I don't really get much homework to do besides maths but everyone pretty much finishes it in class anyway. Last year everyone told me I'd get loads of homework in year 11. Maybe I'll get more later in the year :|

sp0ntane0us

traveller of time & space
HSC
I just do set homework on weeknights, so it will be about a minimum of 5 minutes and a maximum of 5 hours (I'm kinda a last-minute girl...)

Study? Well I don't exactly study every day. What I do is... the night before a test, I write absolutely everything onto a single bit of paper, and i read it over and over before I go to bed, and again when I wake up, and even right outside the classroom before I go into the test, untill I have a mental picture of it stuck in my brain. Some may call it cramming but there's nothing wrong with it, I say! Lol... but enough about my demented study habits. (I don't recommend them.)

I need to ask for your advice. I'm not the kind of person who's good at following a schedule. Should I try to do a set amount of revision every night anyway? At the moment, my marks are ok but there is definetly room for improvement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)