How many hours of study for a 99+atar (1 Viewer)

Stateranklol

HSC
I know productive study is whats really important but for those that get a high atar how many hours of study did you do a day? and what was your study routine? any breaks?

plane

HSC
N/A
If you want 99+ don't sleep :p Study 24/7.

si2136

HSC
N/A
Studying hours doesn't account to the amount of HSC marks you'll get.

I know some people who rarely study and perform well. Some people study all the time and perform worse than others.

It's about studying efficiently and paying attention in class to absorb all the knowledge, and reviewing using notes and past papers to consolidate the given knowledge.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
I wasn't being srs
I was. And it's true. Although things are different for everyone, 99+ should be 5 hours and 99.70+ should be 6-8. I know people will say, "lol dude I studied like 2 hrs MAX a day hahaha and got like 99.20 i just played games all day xDDD" they are all fucking liars with big egos.

si2136

HSC
N/A
I was. And it's true. Although things are different for everyone, 99+ should be 5 hours and 99.70+ should be 6-8. I know people will say, "lol dude I studied like 2 hrs MAX a day hahaha and got like 99.20 i just played games all day xDDD" they are all fucking liars with big egos.
Define studying in your own words.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
6-8 hours on weekdays consistently is in the realm of very very improbable (not just on a mental level but also, on a physical level)

Natural aptitude/talent plays a significant role as well.

Working hard sometimes isn't enough.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
6-8 hours on weekdays consistently is in the realm of very very improbable (not just on a mental level but also, on a physical level)

Natural aptitude/talent plays a significant role as well.

Working hard sometimes isn't enough.
Is there a way you can improve this?

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Okay...I thought that if you worked harder and smarter, you'd do better
Do even you know what NATURAL aptitude and talent means lol
It's something you're born with

It's like saying if you're azn and work hard enough to whitewash yourself, you'll be a white person
you don't turn white bruh no matter what
Same logic applies to natural aptitude and talent. It's either there or it's not.
Edit: better wording: some have more some have less
Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Is there a way you can improve this?
Not really. It's something you either have more of or less of compared to others. Some people are just 'naturally' better at quickly grasping difficult concepts for example.

However, you can definitely make up for it through other areas that lead to HSC success such as work ethic, being strategic (e.g. studying smart, selecting/doing the right subjects which suit your strengths, how you split your time spent between subjects), time management/organisation and so forth.

Aptitude/giftedness/talent is just 1 advantage (I guess the key difference is that it can't be gained/developed like your other factors) out of the many possible avenues of creating an advantage over your peers as outlined above.

However, I think some people severely underestimate the significance of aptitude.

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
Okay...I thought that if you worked harder and smarter, you'd do better
There are a lot of 'smart people', they can get away studying with less than you because they have good foundations esp in maths where it is basically testing your mechanics ie solving questions. If you have shit mechanics, then you wont be able to/struggle to do hard questions. Something similar happens in English where people who write more will probs get more marks for their essay if they put in the same content as you but write it more eloquently.

So TLDR if you wanna do fk all and still get A then you should go back in time and improve on your foundations. If you can't do that, then work hard..zzzz

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Do even you know what NATURAL aptitude and talent means lol
It's something you're born with

It's like saying if you're azn and work hard enough to whitewash yourself, you'll be a white person
you don't turn white bruh no matter what
Same logic applies to natural aptitude and talent. It's either there or it's not.
Edit: better wording: some have more some have less
Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Not really. It's something you either have more of or less of compared to others. Some people are just 'naturally' better at quickly grasping difficult concepts for example.

However, you can definitely make up for it through other areas that lead to HSC success such as work ethic, being strategic (e.g. studying smart, selecting/doing the right subjects which suit your strengths, how you split your time spent between subjects), time management/organisation and so forth.

Aptitude/giftedness/talent is just 1 advantage (I guess the key difference is that it can't be gained/developed like your other factors) out of the many possible avenues of creating an advantage over your peers as outlined above.

However, I think some people severely underestimate the significance of aptitude.
Yeah I guess that's true, although it does take time for some to understand difficult concepts. Do you believe that eating the right food and exercising will make you smarter or is all just a myth?

aoc

HSC
i know 2 people who got 99.95, one guy studied 2hrs a day the other 3 hrs a day. That being said they also paid attention in school and spent lunch times and free periods studying as well.

FortheAtar26

HSC
Similarly, how many hours of study do all of you think is necessary to achieve a 95 + ATAR?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Similarly, how many hours of study do all of you think is necessary to achieve a 95 + ATAR?
I know someone who rarely studied during his HSC year. Only time he would study is 2 weeks b4 exams and he ended up getting 95 atar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)