How many hrs per night? (1 Viewer)

HSC
forkyspoony18 said:
here's a thought...

how many hours has everyone in this forum wasted arguing about how much study per day is enough and if people are asian?

those hours wasted could be used for study
To answer your question; very few. ;) And arguing is much more fun than studying.

HKHSCstudent

HSC
Uni Grad
回覆: Re: How many hrs per night?

hate school days when assignments comes, I always have to stay up and work and work .....................until 2pm or something later............long and horrible nights ....it would be like 6hours a night then ..........................

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
Re: 回覆: Re: How many hrs per night?

HKHSCstudent said:
hate school days when assignments comes, I always have to stay up and work and work .....................until 2pm or something later............long and horrible nights ....it would be like 6hours a night then ..........................
Did you mean 2 am? The billions of full stops are making my eyes water.

Agreeing with the tons of other people in thread: Study as much as you need to. Try not to overdo it. 8-10 hours every night seems rather OTT. However, cramming 8-10 hours before exam time is normal (at least for me). And so on and so forth.

Annalisee

HSC

Unless I have an assignment or something, I'll probably do... close to none. Probably an hour or less.
But I use my study periods quite well, so there's another hour or 2 a day.

just1of4

Professional HYD lover
HSC
hey. well i've read what people have to say. and i'm not really convinced either way in terms of less hrs (1-3) vs more hrs

but so i was just wondering if i could pose another question, assuming you have personally decided the best study times blah blah. Once you know how long you are going to study, wha exactly should you study?

Because if I say to myself, 'hey here's four hours of free time i can use to study' -lol- i usually end up getting to the end of the first hour and have nothing to do. What now?

I mean because if there is no homework left to do....what other ways should/could I study without it becoming too boring+unproductive?

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC

The key is to take genuine interest in your subjects, then you'll actually look forward to researching and learning more about your subjects, and studying won't ever have to seem like a 'chore'. At least, that's the way I see it :wave:

just1of4

Professional HYD lover
HSC
Oh sure I like learning things, but hmm...now I for me its probably not a question of HOW long, but what?

I don't really think of doing homework as studying per se. Just things that need to be done by a certain time.

Which, yeah makes me wonder what other people think of studying as. All my years of school i always have studied FOR something, like a test or exam.

I guess I'm just asking what do you people actually do when 'studying for the sake of studying' if that is what you set out to do?

I've never actually done that before i don't think...ha funny right?

Steth0scope

HSC
N/A
Get the syllabus dot points.

Write up your own notes for each dot point from what you understand.

Read these notes ensuring you understand them.

Attempt questions from textbook/sheets/past papers/trials etc.

That will keep you going all year... GL

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC

Mark576 said:
The key is to take genuine interest in your subjects, then you'll actually look forward to researching and learning more about your subjects, and studying won't ever have to seem like a 'chore'. At least, that's the way I see it :wave:
This is true, follow this person too !

Paj20

HSC
markzada said:
Get the syllabus dot points.

Write up your own notes for each dot point from what you understand.

Read these notes ensuring you understand them.

Attempt questions from textbook/sheets/past papers/trials etc.

That will keep you going all year... GL
Preety much, then i guess you can look for a 99 UAI lik you:D

Jess007

HSC
yeh our school says that if ur not doing 4 hours a night you may aswell leave school...

i barely do 2 hours a night... ive startedto study on weekends now though... more then 2 hours of constant studying and i get distracted..im going to be terrible in the actualy exams!!

Yamaelf

HSC
Lol at you crazy people. School recomends 4 hours per night. I'm doing between 0 and 2, most nights 1 hour or just 30min. Bleh even if i dont get a top UAI (Aiming for 80) i will just wait like 3 years for mature age entry, its not that big a deal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)