How many hrs per night? (1 Viewer)

champo14

HSC
The question shouldn't be how many "hours" you study. You study what you need to, and you do it until it's done, whilst taking breaks.

For example, you probably have half-yearlys coming up, so you find out what you need to know for every subject, learn it all, then start doing practise papers about 2 weeks before the exams.

You should know all the content in your exams about 2 weeks ahead of time, and then keep doing practise papers until the exam arrives. (3 weeks for trials, 4 weeks for HSC)

So to answer your question, I did about 3-4 hours of practise papers every day. (Keep in mind that is under exam conditions). After that long you'll just want to sleep. I have no idea what people who say "10 hours a day" do with their time.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Undermyskin said:
I think the question should be 'per day'. About 8 to 10 hrs per day is good.
Yeah, I like coming home at 4 and sleeping at 1.

hunni.xx

HSC
also studying for 8 hrs a day would force u to overload on really little, specific details dat would never come up in an exam!! quite a few ppl frm mi skool got lyk 97s n 98s n studied heaps evry nite... whilst i just focused on assignments n studying hard n efficient for exam tyms... in da end der was 1 or 2 uai points difference ?

champo14

HSC
hunni.xx said:
also studying for 8 hrs a day would force u to overload on really little, specific details dat would never come up in an exam!! quite a few ppl frm mi skool got lyk 97s n 98s n studied heaps evry nite... whilst i just focused on assignments n studying hard n efficient for exam tyms... in da end der was 1 or 2 uai points difference ?
may b dey beet u becas dey cud spell?

DaveYoung

Awesome
HSC
I'll do 1 hour per night a month out....and some stuff during the year.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
I recall re-learning all of Binomial Theorem for 3 unit mathematics 7 hours before the actual HSC exam. No sleep at all.

It didn't even come up ONCE in the exam. :(

But anyway - Don't worry tooo much about having set hours now. Just make sure when it comes time for HSC exams, you put in ALOT and ALOT and ALOT of hours. And I mean...ALOT of hours!! Otherwise - goodluckies! :D

hunni.xx

HSC
Exphate said:
That was one of the most painful posts in the history of BoS to read...

Look. It comes down to the person. If you are well served with 2h a night, then great! Others will learn best at 4 a night.

There is a "normal curve" affect one would say though, where the retention and effectiveness improves to a "mean", then tapers off. IOW, too little OR/AND too much is USELESS!
Lol fine, I shall type like this from now on?? SORRY!!

ccc123

HSC
hunni.xx said:
Lol fine, I shall type like this from now on?? SORRY!!
Haha Lol. People on BOS get very touchy when short-hand is used. Being in the upper echelons of the eduation system, it's expected we write in full, lucid sentences.

CVHS08.KLE

HSC
ccc123 said:
Haha Lol. People on BOS get very touchy when short-hand is used. Being in the upper echelons of the eduation system, it's expected we write in full, lucid sentences.
LOL must agree..!

Potential100UAI

HSC
Well we aren't all in Advanced English :uhhuh: . I studied about 2-3 hours a day which resulted in a 98.3 UAI. But if you want more i suggest you get a personal tutor if you really wanted. People studying 5+ hours are usually unproductive so don't freak out when u see people studying more than you. Also it depends on your concentration levels which will determine how long you can study.

vasuu91

HSC
i think whats important is to study consistently....no point in studying 8-10 hrs for a few weeks and then completely burning out to the extent that you cant even read a page!!! studying moderately everyday (or most of the days) is better....that way you can retain whatever you have studied....:)

bttrflyeffect17

HSC
Aplus said:
How are they unproductive?
doing 5+ hours in one night will make you tired and your mind won't actually be processing everything. it's far better to do reasonable study with breaks, so that everything you are going over actually sinks in.

HSC
Aplus said:
How are they unproductive?
bttrflyeffect17 said:
doing 5+ hours in one night will make you tired and your mind won't actually be processing everything. it's far better to do reasonable study with breaks, so that everything you are going over actually sinks in.
Also, it may be the case that the reason they are studying for 5 hours is because they are not studying as efficiently as the person doing 2-3. Quality, not quantity, right? ;D

Paj20

HSC
Is it bad to stay up late on the night before learning things?? Ive heard it is but people usuually do welll if they do so...

forkyspoony18

HSC
here's a thought...

how many hours has everyone in this forum wasted arguing about how much study per day is enough and if people are asian?

those hours wasted could be used for study

and yes, before you rip me off, i do realise that by participating in this disscussion i am wasting as much time as everyone else on here. lol.

enjoy the rest of the holidays :)

Steth0scope

HSC
N/A
Everyone is different. Just study as much as you can until you CBF. That's when you go for a run/shower/feed/wateva.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)