How many page exercise book should i buy for year 11? (1 Viewer)

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
jiyeonPARKK said:
I'm going to buy 124pg books and switch over to Morning Glory books my relatives are going to buy from Korea for the beginning of Term 3.
Morning Glory books are soo nice (yes I am a guy - but I have a slight obsession with asian stationary). However to make your books nice - make sure you write neat - I've been told I write like a girl - so it's not too much of a problem for me.

Also different colours may help - like those new Kilometro pens - I think they have baby blue, pink and organge.

I've probably projected the wrong image of myself with this post :p

dp624

HSC
wouldn't baby blue, pink and orange have readability problems?

jiyeonPARKK

HSC
the-derivative said:
Morning Glory books are soo nice (yes I am a guy - but I have a slight obsession with asian stationary). However to make your books nice - make sure you write neat - I've been told I write like a girl - so it's not too much of a problem for me.

Also different colours may help - like those new Kilometro pens - I think they have baby blue, pink and organge.

I've probably projected the wrong image of myself with this post :p
Hahaha

Yeah I use the different colours too!

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
jiyeonPARKK said:
Hahaha

Yeah I use the different colours too!
Yeah they're really good for pointing out syllabus and important points.

Have you seen the stationary at Kinokuniya - they're soo nice - but soo expensive.

Back on topic - I think Year 11 - just buy 1 exercise book for each topic except maths - I like to have two - one for theory and one for practice.

EDIT: Also at dp's post - it seemed to work for me. Don't write your whole thing in those colours - just points and key words. Because if you write your whole thing then yes you will have readability problems.

Last edited:

jet

Banned
HSC
For any subject I did, I didn't fill up a 192 page book.
For my 1 unit subjects I could use a 128 page without a worry. Lol for SOR I I used like 30-40 pages.

Maths was a totally different story. For 3 unit and 2 unit I used about 5 books per year for each, though for 4 unit, I used around 10 books throughout the year. there was one for each topic + an extra for the topics that went over. I filled every book up.

Bulldog4lyf

HSC
Lukybear said:
I would get an A4 192 Pages, as it is much easier to write on. Thats just my preference.

Cause those 240 pages books are too thick for my licking and are hard to write on.
Those 192pp books sure are tasty!!!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
As someone already mentioned, it depends.

For me, I don't use any exercise book. It's just some random scrap paper.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Personally, I just buy a few 92-page books. Its cheap and easy to write on (its just held together by a staple- no spine) I think going beyond that is a little overboard- you're carrying an uneccesary weight. Your book typically should last one term if you like to do lots of homework- so when you hit the next topic you should be due for a new book. It helps to segregate things, and you dont carry the notes from the prvious topic (which, lets face it, you're seldom going to need to carry at school). If you want, you could have one book for theory and another for exercises- plus another book for doing past papers.

edit: what the hell, dont paste your sheets in, god, you want to keep flipping the pages back and forth so you can read and write at the same time?

Last edited:

team.red14

HSC
for me ..I usually buy a heap of 192 pg books..

and for some odd reason... I use loose leaf for physics and modern history...it kinda makes it easier since I usu. get heaps of sheets in those subjects..

melissa92

HSC
Uni Grad
For each subject..

English, Bio, Chem, Modern, Legal: 240pgs A4
Maths: 192 A4..with square feint ruled...

TBK11

HSC
hmm what would be better
A4 Exercise Books
or
those other exercise books umm A8 i think u know those half of a4 page books lol im not makin any sense but yeh those

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
TBK11 said:
hmm what would be better
A4 Exercise Books
or
those other exercise books umm A8 i think u know those half of a4 page books lol im not makin any sense but yeh those
Depends on your needs.

A8 is certainly cheaper really and more concise. But I have personalyl found that A4 is better really in the long run because it's just big and you can do all sorts of things (pasting sheet in and etc)

stunner

HSC
I'd say the standard 128 pages, they're easier to write on and you can always buy another when it runs out.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
TBK11 said:
hmm what would be better
A4 Exercise Books
or
They're actually called A5 - but yeah.

I hate those books - only use them for scrap because I got heaps of those 1c ones.

Just get normal 128 page books - no need for anything fancy.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I think 192 are my favourite because:

1. They don't fall apart because they are only one book when you have a look at the spine (unlike the larger books which are many smaller books held together by a glue)
2. I only run out in some subjects (I am getting 2 per subject anyway)
3. Easier to cover! :D

P.S. I have a question: For mathematics, should I get grid books or lined paper or what?!

blozzzz

HSC
Aquawhite said:
I think 192 are my favourite because:

1. They don't fall apart because they are only one book when you have a look at the spine (unlike the larger books which are many smaller books held together by a glue)
2. I only run out in some subjects (I am getting 2 per subject anyway)
3. Easier to cover! :D

P.S. I have a question: For mathematics, should I get grid books or lined paper or what?!

I like grid books heaps better. I use them for all my working and exercises but for the class notes I have a lined book. That makes it so much easier for later when you look back.

HSC
So If I get 192p A4 exercise book and a display folder ( for worksheets what a pain flipping back and forth) for every subject, that should work?

I hate it when books fall apart half way through the year, hence the staples not binding

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I am actually taken aback by the great number of exercise books that everyone seems to be taking use of at the moment.

*completely abashed*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)