How many past papers ? (4 Viewers)

jamesfirst

HSC
I have used all the ink at school, i am waiting for them to refill it before i can print more
Dont you pay for printing ????????????

If I printed pp from my school, I would spend so much money.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Do as many as you can - though ideally you want to do enough that you're comfortable with the types of questions they can ask, along with the difficulty and the sorts of time management procedures you need to employ to ease through the exam.

unknown88

HSC
N/A
Official is boss as. :)
Don't forget he accelerated 2u + 3u maths so he only did 3units, which gives him alot more time to study throughout the year and the final exam. In saying that getting those marks is still beast.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
For the HSC, for Phys, Chem and Maths - I'd recommend just doing HSC past papers. HSC questions have a different 'style' to them, when compared to others, like Independent, CSSA and NEAP. I'd do extremely well in the HSC papers, but not quite as well in the Independent, and I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that the questions were just slightly different, and I was a lot more used to some, rather than others

zhiying

HSC
did about 70 for 3u hsc last year, atm doing 3 a day, 1 4u 1 phys 1 chem. probably end up with 50x 4u, 30x phys 30x chem

unknown88

HSC
N/A
For the HSC, for Phys, Chem and Maths - I'd recommend just doing HSC past papers. HSC questions have a different 'style' to them, when compared to others, like Independent, CSSA and NEAP. I'd do extremely well in the HSC papers, but not quite as well in the Independent, and I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that the questions were just slightly different, and I was a lot more used to some, rather than others
Curious and off topic, what was your atar/uai?

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
When you do your past papers, do you do it under exam conditions or just pick the questions that you think are hard? For example, for maths, do you go straight to question 6/7 for 3 unit or do the entire test under exam conditions? Because it's a time consuming doing 2-3 hours exams for just 1 paper when you can just do the questions that you think are hard. Or should you combine these two methods?

unknown88

HSC
N/A
When you do your past papers, do you do it under exam conditions or just pick the questions that you think are hard? For example, for maths, do you go straight to question 6/7 for 3 unit or do the entire test under exam conditions? Because it's a time consuming doing 2-3 hours exams for just 1 paper when you can just do the questions that you think are hard. Or should you combine these two methods?
You should complete the whole exam under the time limit. The main reason those nerds get 90 + percent is obviously they can do question 6/7 but they don't do any silly mistakes. So if you don't bother doing q1-5 cause they are too easy..but in the test you do a careless error theres -1, so you practice now!

SpreadTheWord

HSC
I do not like past papers. I don't see the point, in completing some when you have not learnt everything. I find it demoralising, when i attempt to complete one after lot's of study and i cannot answer every question. But in saying that, when it comes down to it in the exams in school; when i have to do them, i do very well. Other than that, i prefer to deconstruct some, looking at various question types, and how they can trick you. This doesn't involve writing anything.

However that is my view, and my way of learning.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Ancient History they tend to reuse questions alot (rewording and etc)... So pastpapers can be fundamental... especially CSSA.. CSSA DOES THIS CHEAP TACTIC!!!!!!!

HSC
Uni Grad
Curious and off topic, what was your atar/uai?
iirc he got 99.85

nowadays I do HSC papers under exam conditions, but I might pick out difficult trial papers to do under exam conditions. But for most trial papers nowadays I pick out the harder questions and give them a go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)