how many people are doing history extension in your school? (1 Viewer)

MMalone

HSC
Out our school, there is four of us. Have afternoon lessons which are a b***tard because I live thirty kilometres away from my school. Will get worse next year though.

asdf5432

HSC
SIX.

it's strange and empty to me. I'm used to big classes.

ybnormal

The depths of my mind are the safest places
HSC
we get morning classes. 715 on friday mornings. bad now, but will be death in winter, mostly cos unless i get a car i gotta walk the 6kms ther, unless i can get one of the guys to drive across town, pick me up, then drive all the way back to the class. :(
but, oh well :)

ameey

HSC
Our class started off as about ten, but they all dropped out, now there are three. Sucky.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
ameey said:
Our class started off as about ten, but they all dropped out, now there are three. Sucky.
70% dropped out in the first term? How did that happen?

ramat

HSC
I'm the only one at my school and I'm doing it by distance ed. My teacher has been really helpful through email and my modern and ancient teachers have said they'll give me a helping hand if i need it...i'm guessing i will

melio89

HSC
You know what... did any of your schools reject people who wanted to do extension???
At my school (Freeman) 7 people wanted to do it, fair enough the teacher would take as many as she could cause she loves the subject. Our stupid careers advisor said no to 5 of us ... so there is 2 people doing the course TWO... i am so mega pissed.
One of my best friends got into the course (as it was based on ranking not on marks or interest which is completly stupid) and he asks me for help with his stuff... so the school can bite me as far as im concerned.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
melio89 said:
You know what... did any of your schools reject people who wanted to do extension???
At my school (Freeman) 7 people wanted to do it, fair enough the teacher would take as many as she could cause she loves the subject. Our stupid careers advisor said no to 5 of us ... so there is 2 people doing the course TWO... i am so mega pissed.
One of my best friends got into the course (as it was based on ranking not on marks or interest which is completly stupid) and he asks me for help with his stuff... so the school can bite me as far as im concerned.
Why's the careers advisor involved in selecting people for courses? (And why can't your school handle more than two people doing it?)

HSC
melio89 said:
That's a crock of shit. I'm quite sure that the careers advisor has no right to decide who can and cannot participate in any course. The Principal maybe but only if there's a good reason (which doesn't include a low rank in previous, relatively unrelated subjects).

dombro

HSC
at the start of year 12 we had six...but a couple left, and then a couple dropped...so now its just me...:mad1:

grkouKLa

HSC
5 people are doing it* at my school....
:( does anyone have any spare ideas 4 a major work that they could lend 2 me :(:mad1:

cadylayne

HSC
we have 2 people at my school, me and this other girl. We did have 3 but one dropped.

jest

HSC
[quote=melio89]You know what... did any of your schools reject people who wanted to do extension???
One of my best friends got into the course (as it was based on ranking not on marks or interest which is completly stupid) and he asks me for help with his stuff... so the school can bite me as far as im concerned.[/quote]

that school is shit, really really shit.. they say they know best for the students but they don't know jack shit.. all they care about is getting top marks so therefore they only want the students that GUARANTEE top marks (so they think, just cos the kid did good previously doesn't necessarily mean they'll do well again) to do the subject and not want to try hard and help students that are capable but need a bit more help than the guranteed top mark kids

its a really shit school, pass it on

light bulb

HSC
my school has one! and thats me... which is good cos my teacher and i have a blast.. picking on the stupid historians! but i was a little disappointed to hear that the other people were dropping out... im lucky it still runs... it wouldnt have run at all had i been the only one to show initial interest... yeah the boys in the class didnt want to miss sport! and while i miss sport too... its not going to get me into uni.. so ...

elective?! is that like ur major work?! i got to pick mine but my teacher wont be marking it... my principle will... scary thought... do u think its like a PIP?~

orly?

HSC
there is no history extension... i don't think theres an english ext either.:bomb:

booties4

HSC
orly? said:
there is no history extension... i don't think theres an english ext either.:bomb:
Thats Unbelievable......do they not run it due to lack of interest or are the teachers to lazy to get off their asses and teach?

pipolaaa

HSC
no. of ppl in the class = 6
:p we started off at the beginning of the year with 16 haha

SovietSupremacy

HSC
JellieBeanie said:
There's a total of three people in my history extension class. There was going to be a fourth person doing it but she dropped it when she heard that they couldn't fit the class into the regular time table and we would have to do it during sport.
I am this ones classmate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)