How much easier is 3unit than 2! (1 Viewer)

Is 3 unit easier than 2

• Yes it bloody well is

Votes: 68 73.9%
  • Ahhh um no dude

Votes: 24 26.1%

• Total voters

Rosencrantz

Mordenkainen huh?
Nice name. You play a bit of D&D then do you?

Eng. Ex. 1, like Morden. said, is very much simplier then Adv. Eng. mind you the module that i'm doing bugs the heck out of me. Its Crime Fiction by the way, at least 'Hound is amusing but The Big Sleep and Snow Falling on Cedars are quite irksome.
At least the trials are over, now for the big exams. Heres hoping we get good questions in the HSC.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Definently

Both 3U Eng and 3U Math are easier than 2U.

What's the deal their?

randy

CLARIFICATIONS
- Quantitively, we do just as much R/M (4 pieces(at least) for the whole of the 2-u course and 2 pieces for the ext course) for 3 as we do 2-unit, probably more so as the R/M has to be much more sophisticated and analysed to a greater extent cause we have an hr for the essay.
- We have had it comparitively easy in our assessments throughout the yr, the examiners will pull trippy-as questions for the paper in like 2 and a bit weeks. They did last year. i reckon anyone doing postmodernism with me is fucked unless you actually believe in that shit. Sorry aspiring Swain's and Sally Field's.

Doylie

McLake, i agree that 3U english is easier than 2U, but how in the hell do you find 3U maths easier than 2U???? Is your brain wired wrong or something?

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by Doylie
McLake, i agree that 3U english is easier than 2U, but how in the hell do you find 3U maths easier than 2U???? Is your brain wired wrong or something?
Cause I don't tecnically do 2U maths (since I do 4U ...)

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
Originally posted by randy
CLARIFICATIONS
- Quantitively, we do just as much R/M (4 pieces(at least) for the whole of the 2-u course and 2 pieces for the ext course) for 3 as we do 2-unit, probably more so as the R/M has to be much more sophisticated and analysed to a greater extent cause we have an hr for the essay.
- We have had it comparitively easy in our assessments throughout the yr, the examiners will pull trippy-as questions for the paper in like 2 and a bit weeks. They did last year. i reckon anyone doing postmodernism with me is fucked unless you actually believe in that shit. Sorry aspiring Swain's and Sally Field's.
In regard to the R/M we dont actually have to do all four pieces (ie i hated one the crime fiction texts so i am not going into it in any detial if at all) and we are not studying those in the same detail as we would in 2 unit as we are not specifically studying the texts but rather a genrem (well with crime fiction anyway, i am not sure about the others)
However, I think it might just feel easier as their are less assesments and a 2 hour exam sounds much nicer then a 3 hour exam
About the BoS trying to trick us with trippy-as questions, i dont think they would be game as so many people were pissed off last year and complained. Although it feels like they are planning to trick us and ruin our lives and kill our first born children (well maybe not the last one) they really arent, they are just exaiming what we know. Plus its an extension course and scales really well, so its not like they will ask really really easy questions, you got expect something with a bit of challenge.
P.S. if i have contridicted myself any were in this, ignore it, its only two days till the HSC starts, i am ALLOWED TO CONTRIDICT MYSELF OK!

shikaree_bex

i live in my mind with occasional visits to the jo
naa man

Advdanced is heaps easier, ESPECIALLY CHANGE!!!, think that the standard english people have to do the same paper so it's marked wayyy easier...

Extension 1 is like, a whole lot more analysing shit, im doing crime fiction and it's okay, but i don't know if i have actually learnt anything at all. I mean, from advanced ive learnt that King Lear is really fuckin interesting (different criticisms) and that Frontline (although seeing it when the series was current) is so fuckin true.................i dont know if i should admit this, but i think clueless is heaps better then i thought it was when it came out, it's actually really funny "ren and stimpy are way existential"...i never read emma though................................and never will

AH so anyway extension 1, yeah it's alright i am doing usual suspects and i haven't got another related text yet!!, waa waa,

It's just that i feel im talking a whole lotta shit in ext 1, but i guess we are english students, that is our main thrill in life....:worried:

*cajunga*

eh, yeah 3u is easier in that you only have one topic to cover. we're doing crime fiction, and it's not too bad.
i love the 'real inspector houd' - hilarious
the skull beneath the skin is okay, and the big sleep is confusing..
i only have one related text, farrrrk!
anyone have any ideas of ones i could use?
:(

Chicken

In answer to a question:

ANY 2 units of english count, so that can be your 3rd and 4th unit, or you 4th and one of the 1st two, or any combination.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by sif not 99
3 unit is SO SO much easier than 2unit, or well thats what I and most of my buddies at school think.

Your thoughts?

Im doing postmodernism as my elective btw, and is the least done (like 300 ppl last year) and apparantly the hardest.

yeah, 3 unit was more fun & challenging, and I liked the texts more so then it became easier.

but I did drop it half way through though.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
i dont think its easier. 3u definately allows individuality, creativity and personal flair. Whereas 2u is more restrictive. i think in order to do well in 3u...it takes more time/effort/thinking than 2u....

just because 3u has wider parameters, it doesnt neccessarily mena it is easier.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i wouldnt say its easier... the assessments r a lot more challenging, and so are the essays but i seem 2 get better marks in it for some reason .. :confused: but i can be more interesting than 2u... at most times

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
YAY~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO 3U~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adv u crap on so much
u can do well if ur a good rote-learner and u memorise essay chunks.

3u gives u the opportunity to think for urself, consider other readings, and do way-cool texts like PRIDE AND PREJUDICE

GO MR DARCY~!!! MWAH~!

hehe...

lizzy1004

HSC
kkk i so agree.... but i think 3 u is making 2 u look easy... i enjoy it.. espeically when u have more sophistication and knowledge then the rest of ur class it gives u that certain advantage to be differnt.. usaully in 2 u... u serisouly dont think for urslef.. dats da major downfall

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i think its better to study 4 coz thers only 1 topic. i didnt realsie how much there was 4 2u until these hols

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
i dont find 3 unit easier at all. i LOVE the work way more (i am doing postmodernism), i find it challenging and interesting. but the texts are harder and they expect a way higher standard of work obviously..

personally i feel like i have to do way more work for extension 1 than i have to do for advanced; a lot of extra reading and study. comparitively, i find my workload is bigger for ext.1....

i dont know.. i do think postmodernism is the hardest module, and if you do it properly (e.g investigating key theorists), it's not easy stuff.

whereas writing an essay about brave new world/bladerunner is easy as pie!

i will say though.. i find the king lear unit harder than anything i have done in ext 1... but i only just started it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)