How much hours are you studying a day? (1 Viewer)

Green Pup

HSC
Me thinks only studying in the holidays isn't going to work anymore...
But I do study for 6-8 hours everyday in hols

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Relax. Take it easy. Try effective study and goal setting. You will burn out quickly, it's still prelim...
This. Its prelim, guys. Its ok to just chill in the holidays. Remember, you get a clean slate next year so don't stress out too much over prelim :)

Aysce

HSC
This. Its prelim, guys. Its ok to just chill in the holidays. Remember, you get a clean slate next year so don't stress out too much over prelim :)
Don't stress out, but don't become complacent.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Regarding the notes again, so what exactly do people do when they buy notes from people on BOS? Do they use it to make their notes better or do they generally just rely on the notes they bought?

Northey7

HSC
Im in year 11, at a selective high school. Spending approx 3-4 hours each night doing homework/study on top of approximately 3 hours extra curricular (sport, ie. athletics, soccer, dance training etc) each day. Staying up to like 1 every morning trying to get stuff done. On the last day of term 1, had to see the deputy principle and he was like, you need to relax, i worry that if i relax too much, i wont get a good atar and into the course i want. I hate doing so much work, but it seems necessary! :?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Im in year 11, at a selective high school. Spending approx 3-4 hours each night doing homework/study on top of approximately 3 hours extra curricular (sport, ie. athletics, soccer, dance training etc) each day. Staying up to like 1 every morning trying to get stuff done. On the last day of term 1, had to see the deputy principle and he was like, you need to relax, i worry that if i relax too much, i wont get a good atar and into the course i want. I hate doing so much work, but it seems necessary! :?
change that ATAR goal to 99.95

you are very dedicated!

repp'd

theind1996

HSC
N/A
No offense, but are you sure that you're understanding the content and not memorising for some of the subjects (e.g 2U Maths, Engineering and Physics) since that really does cut down your need to study as much because you don't remember and forget in a cyclical manner.

Also, can you please tell me what this 3-4 hours of study entails? I can help you organise it or make it more efficient for you.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
No offense, but are you sure that you're understanding the content and not memorising for some of the subjects (e.g 2U Maths, Engineering and Physics) since that really does cut down your need to study as much because you don't remember and forget in a cyclical manner.

Also, can you please tell me what this 3-4 hours of study entails? I can help you organise it or make it more efficient for you.
I'm also surprised at the 3 hours of extra-cirricular...

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A

Please share your tips on how to make study more efficient!

Razr

HSC
at the moment im studying 1-2 hours and 3 if i can concentrate that long, any tips on improving my concentration, im in year 11 but focusing is my main problem....

ncoul

HSC
at the moment im studying 1-2 hours and 3 if i can concentrate that long, any tips on improving my concentration, im in year 11 but focusing is my main problem....
Sleep, I can't work at all if I don't have a nap before study, around 30-45 minutes, you'll feel great.

deswa1

HSC
A comment on concentration- Too many people focus on time spent studying, instead of goals. This is bad for two reasons:

1. Work expands to fit the time allocated. Thus, you might work slower/less efficiently because you know you have to sit down for X hours.
2. If you become tired, your study is instantly unproductive. But you are forcing yourself to sit down for X hours, which is a waste of your time.

Focus on doing goals. For example, today I want to finish a document that I have on past HSC chem questions. As soon as I finish that, I'm not planning on doing more study. Thus you become efficient because you have an incentive to finish. Also, as soon as I realise that I can't concentrate, I stop studying. Go for a run, watch some t.v., do anything to clear your mind. Then come back in about an hour. If you just try and push through a mental block, you're just wasting your time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)