How much money do you spent on clothes every month? (1 Viewer)

magickmidget

HSC
N/A
fucking what $400 a month what is wrong with you people
that would pay for a very nice car or my house
I don't get it either. Obviously none of these people have other expenses.

holy shit some of you people buy so much clothes o_O

i fucking spend like 200 dollars each year..
+1

Actually, it all really depends on what I need for the season (i.e. don't need a new coat this year, bought three last year) and whether or not I can find anything I like. Which quite often I can't.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I think it just depends what you're buying and how often

Like when I go shopping I tend to spend quite a bit, but I only actually do this maybe once or twice a year max, the rest of the time I don't really buy anything because I don't need to.

I prefer this method to buying small amounts regularly...I'm also one of those people that does all the grocery shopping in one go and refuses to set foot in coles the rest of the fortnight. It's easier.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
about $10-15... not a big fan of shopping, buy clothing like 2 times a year.

Guesss

HSC

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
gotta admit, i like shopping, its not too bad

expensive clothes are the best, but nowadays ive been shopping at op shops and big w and stuff, cos its cheaper, as opposed to industrie and glue

$50 a month, average

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
I spent $120 today.. shoes ><
but I only go shopping maybe 2-3 times a year, and I don't usually spend this much.. so maybe $15-20ish a month? [but it's so much easier to spend other people's money :p]

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
last year i spent alot, probs about $80 a month, but first year of uni, i needed clothes.
this year im trying to save for an overseas trip and have only bought 2 jackets both $15.
half my wardrobe is from ses.

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
i always buy items of clothing that i know will last and that can easily go with other pieces of clothing that i have and most of the time i will buy clothes in one go for the rest of the year. but in that year i will probably spend 300-500 (500 is rare) for casual clothing, depending on how many bargains i can find in op shops or in my parents' wardrobe.

if i had a lot of money to spare the rest of it i would spend on suits/blazers but that would be rather wasteful seeing how very few occasions call for one

BOS Negro

HSC
i always buy items of clothing that i know will last and that can easily go with other pieces of clothing that i have and most of the time i will buy clothes in one go for the rest of the year. but in that year i will probably spend 300-500 (500 is rare) for casual clothing.

if i had a lot of money to spare the rest of it i would spend on suits/blazers but that would be rather wasteful seeing how very few occasions call for one
homie see that suit me is wearing in my dp?

i got for free from a charity bin

yall gotta get with the gaem

HSC
It's a lot easier for guys to have low clothing budgets, tbh.

Girls jackets (at least in northern NSW and in QLD) are completely impractical until you get to $100+, whereas a guy can easily get something very similar for about $30-40. Anything aroung the $30-40 mark in the women's section is basically a thin cotton hoodie/jacket thing.

There is also the fact that we need bras, and if you get the cheaper ($20) ones they last about six months, whereas a $50 bra will last about 12 to 18 months. Assuming you need about 4 bras (say: a convertible strapless, sports bra, tshirt bra, and sexy bra) at the very least, you're spending $150+ on bras a year.

Add a pair or two of jeans ($100) and a skirt ($30), a pair of shorts ($30), some tops ($80), and underwear ($25+).

That's a minimum of $500 a year just for wardrobe basics. I fucking wish I was a guy.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
scaredytiger you spend too much. last year i bought two pairs of bootleg jeans from jeanswest for $20 each, altered them into skinnys and they look great. the most i have paid for jeans is $40.
go ahead and call me a tightarse, ill take it :p

i do agree bout the bras tho.

Grape juice

HSC
Need a decent jacket so badly =/.
i once saw this really nice 3/4 length structured coat made of leather/suede. It looked exactly like the one Neo used in The Matrix.
I wanted to buy that so badly. It was $150 iirc.

but i thought about how many meals $150 would get me, and i decided to walk away. :(

edit: something like this, but with much more structure.

Last edited:

The Ostler

HSC
well this month it's about 800
but probably averages out over a year to about 250/month?

It looked exactly like the one Neo used in The Matrix... i decided to walk away. :(
oh thank god

EDIT: and i disagree about guys having cheaper options. Unless you want to look like a jeans west clone, guys have no option other than to spend up. Even chain stores offer great diversity in girls clothes (not to mention that the sheer number of female chain stores is significantly greater than mens). For men, it's the t-shirt/jeans or rolled-up cuff shirt/jeans look that is spruiked by jeans stores, or the awful bootcut-jean/bright-collared-shirt/crocodile shoes from chains like tarocash and Yd. Places like roger david offer more tailored or 'fashion forward' options, but for a chain store, they're uncharacteristically expensive. You can often get more renowned brands (like ben sherman, Lee, Wrangler, Mooks, Country road) for only slightly more.

Last edited:
HSC
Yeah but 97% of female clothing is retarded. In summer, you usually have the choice between looking like a doily or having your butt literally hanging out the bottom of your shorts. In winter, you are given jackets which only just reach your waist, or horribly shapeless knitwear.

I go into the chain stoes season after season and walk out in about 90 seconds.

I wear jeans all the time. I wear tshirts more often than not. I just need to find a slimmish, timeless, warm jacket.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
I buy clothes every 6 or so months. Usually spend $200. Man why do girls need so many clothes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)