• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

how much money have you spent on study guides, tutoring, study camps etc.? (1 Viewer)

Dr.Chau

Banned
HSC
-may-cat- said:
what kind of marks do you get for them?
given i can memerise the essay word for word, or pretty close, i can easily pull around 95-100%.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Dr.Chau said:
given i can memerise the essay word for word, or pretty close, i can easily pull around 95-100%.
what if you cant adapt them for exams? or do you know the content. When ever i memorise essays word for word (say for an inclass assessment where we have been given the question in advance) i just know them as essays, i cant pull out the individual ideas

Dr.Chau

Banned
HSC
-may-cat- said:
what if you cant adapt them for exams? or do you know the content. When ever i memorise essays word for word (say for an inclass assessment where we have been given the question in advance) i just know them as essays, i cant pull out the individual ideas
well, my tutor is a teacher and also a senior marker, so he knows the hsc inside out. whenever he writes me an essay, he guarantees me that the question will be the same, or very very very close. i trust him. he's a good man. he's never let me down.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Dr.Chau said:
well, my tutor is a teacher and also a senior marker, so he knows the hsc inside out. whenever he writes me an essay, he guarantees me that the question will be the same, or very very very close. i trust him. he's a good man. he's never let me down.
what about for your trials?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: how much money have you spent on study guides, tutoring, study camps etc.?

Wow...talk about....cheating

Dr.Chau

Banned
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: how much money have you spent on study guides, tutoring, study camps etc.?

tommykins said:
Wow...talk about....cheating
Mate, the HSC is a game. If you don't cheat, others will, and those that do will get ahead of you and end up fucking you in the ass.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Dr.Chau said:
what about them?
well your tutor cant know what they will be. what will u do for uni? if your going. sorry about the 20 questions, i just find this pretty intriguing, i know nothing about the world of tutoring cuz i could never afford it

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: 回复: Re: how much money have you spent on study guides, tutoring, study camps etc.?

Dr.Chau said:
Mate, the HSC is a game. If you don't cheat, others will, and those that do will get ahead of you and end up fucking you in the ass.
Enjoy Uni, I'm sure tutors will do your assessments for you too.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: how much money have you spent on study guides, tutoring, study camps etc.?

Dr.Chau said:
I suppose, honestly, i would rather have a mediocre mark that i knew was wholly mine, rather then 100 percent, knowing it was not real.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: 回复: Re: how much money have you spent on study guides, tutoring, study camps etc.?

-may-cat- said:
I suppose, honestly, i would rather have a mediocre mark that i knew was wholly mine, rather then 100 percent, knowing it was not real.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: how much money have you spent on study guides, tutoring, study camps etc.?

tommykins said:
Enjoy Uni, I'm sure tutors will do your assessments for you too.
He will fail

Dr.Chau

Banned
HSC

-may-cat- said:
You see, it IS real. As I said above, the HSC is a game, so play it!

Have you ever played a game of Monopoly where the winner didn't cheat? The person who plays honestly ends up the loser.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: how much money have you spent on study guides, tutoring, study camps etc.?

tommykins said:
?

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC

-may-cat- said:
yeh agreed

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: how much money have you spent on study guides, tutoring, study camps etc.?

-may-cat- said:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=123

Dr. Chau said:

Have you ever played a game of Monopoly where the winner didn't cheat? The person who plays honestly ends up the loser.
Yes I have.

Really, do whatever you want, you're only cheating yourself and it'll soon hit you that tutors can't help you throughout your whole course of uni.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

Dr.Chau said:

:) not all of us are rich, some people have to rely on their brains.

Dr.Chau

Banned
HSC

-may-cat- said:
:) not all of us are rich, some people have to rely on their brains.
I'm not rich, in fact, I'm far from it. I go to tutoring only once a week, and even though my tutor does my assessments for me, I still have to study.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)