how much money have you spent on study guides, tutoring, study camps etc.? (1 Viewer)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: how much money have you spent on study guides, tutoring, study camps etc.?

Dr.Chau said:
I'm not rich, in fact, I'm far from it. I go to tutoring only once a week, and even though my tutor does my assessments for me, I still have to study.
but you have a tutor. im assuming since hes a senior marker he cant be cheap.

Dr.Chau

Banned
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: how much money have you spent on study guides, tutoring, study camps etc.?

-may-cat- said:
but you have a tutor. im assuming since hes a senior marker he cant be cheap.
I have a tutor! Big whoop!

He only charges $30/hour, and I go there for 2 hours, so that's $60/week.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

Dr.Chau said:
I have a tutor! Big whoop!

He only charges $30/hour, and I go there for 2 hours, so that's $60/week.
chill out, im not attacking you, if thats how you choose to get you hsc, so be it, it does not really worry me. But you told me the hsc is a game, and i should play it. I cant afford $60 on tutoring a week neither can a lot of other people. im just saying, some people have to rely on their own knowledge to get good marks, not the knowledge of others and that it is ignorant to tell people to do well the way you do.

cccclaire

HSC
Aplus said:
Tutors do not write essays nor do they do assignments for students. They just advise and guide. Well, the tutors I've had...
no, you're wrong.

oh and I'm pretty sure Dr.Chau is trolling

Boxes

Banned
HSC

conics2008 said:
God bless at the way you think.

dam straight HSC is a game.. The game doesn't change only players do.

you are australias next prime minister.
thankyou. :D

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC

0$

My school gave me a 1000$ scholarship to pay for school books, fees, excursions, uniforms, study guides, etc.
So, I've milked that dry. I think the only school related thing Ive paid for is my noddles in a box every tuesday from the canteen.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
The hsc is a terrible game.

Didn't relise some people were so intense and uptight with tutoring.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
risole91 said:
The hsc is a terrible game.

Didn't relise some people were so intense and uptight with tutoring.
I've said this before, but,
I've always seen tutoring as something for people who are struggling. I'm not, so I never bothered with it.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
I've said this before, but,
I've always seen tutoring as something for people who are struggling. I'm not, so I never bothered with it.
I agree, i used tutoring for a while.
It's good, but definitly not essential.

HSC
Around $150 on a few study guides/past paper books. I wouldn't get a tutor even if I could afford it, I hear they give you extra work to do! XD

Buttigieg

Elite Member
HSC
I've spent over $600 jst on books. Then more than $3000 on tutoring. Then a couple of hundred on stationary, like folders and stuff... Plus couple of grand on school fees

Last edited:

Buttigieg

Elite Member
HSC
theshortykatt said:
dude.. why?
my rents are willing, and I guess i went to have that extra edge. But yeh, i have made some crummy decisions with text books, but i've had some really good ones that have helped me! Um, stationary wise, i'm a pretty organised person, and because of all that, I know exactly where everything is. LOL!

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
theshortykatt said:
i get free stationary/folders/paper from school. awesome,
wow you are lucky.

I have spent like 150 on stationary, and folders I go through folders like lollies, well the one I bring to school anyway.
And about 100 on study guides

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
wow you are lucky.

I have spent like 150 on stationary, and folders I go through folders like lollies, well the one I bring to school anyway.
And about 100 on study guides
you can get your school to pay for pretty much anything, i got them to pay for my entire art major work to be printed

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
People who rely on tutors to perform well are just pathetic cunts who will just fail their lives. Relying on people to do something that you must do is just not a right way to go and this will prove highly unsuccessfull in the long run.

HSC is not designed to test your resourcefullness, it is designed to test your effort, academic abilities and your resiliency towards stress, heated competition and rivalry. For those who memorise off their tutors' essays, you will seriously need luck in the further future. I can seriously picture you losers with UAI notification paper saying you got lower than 30 UAI.

Some people seriously don't know how to utilise the resources given to them. They just take advantage of the resources provided by their parents. It's just sad.

The last words: good luck to all those who work their asses off for HSC fairly and I hope you achieve the target UAI aim!

Last edited:

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
People who rely on tutors to perform well are just pathetic cunts who will just fail their lives. Relying on people to do something that you must do is just not a right way to go and this will prove highly unsuccessfull in the long run.

HSC is not designed to test your resourcefullness, it is designed to test your effort, academic abilities and your resiliency towards stress, heated competition and rivalry. For those who memorise off their tutors' essays, you will seriously need luck in the further future. I can seriously picture you losers with UAI notification paper saying you got lower than 30 UAI.

Some people seriously don't know how to utilise the resources given to them. They just take advantage of the resources provided by their parents. It's just sad.

The last words: good luck to all those who work their asses off for HSC fairly and I hope you achieve the target UAI aim!
completely agree, fair enough if they are struggling though and get extra help, but if the tudor does all the work they are only cheating themselves.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
lyounamu said:

lol, bit harsh

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
-may-cat- said:
lol, bit harsh
I don't think so. Some people need to have a different mind-set.

I am not really talking about HSC specifically. I am talking about life in general. If that's the approach they take, they will seriously fail lives. Living life off the plagiarism is the right way to go. In saying that, I think those tutors are sad inhabitants of this HSC system as well. They themselves should relise that the things they are doing is wrong.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
I don't think so. Some people need to have a different mind-set.

I am not really talking about HSC specifically. I am talking about life in general. If that's the approach they take, they will seriously fail lives. Living life off the plagiarism is the right way to go. In saying that, I think those tutors are sad inhabitants of this HSC system. They themselves should relise that the things they are doing is wrong.
i agree that they are pathetic, but i dont think they will fail at life. The sad truth is that people will use deception to get ahead, and most of the time, they will.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
-may-cat- said:
i agree that they are pathetic, but i dont think they will fail at life. The sad truth is that people will use deception to get ahead, and most of the time, they will.
Well, ok. My statement would have been overly generalised. But my view towards their lives of lies are totally out of understanding and harmony. I hold strong aversions towards them. If they achieve xx UAI because of cheating, how unfair would it be for those who worked their asses off but ended up with less UAI than those plagiarism-holics?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)