• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

how much money have you spent on study guides, tutoring, study camps etc.? (1 Viewer)

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
lyounamu said:
Well, ok. My statement would have been overly generalised. But my view towards their lives of lies are totally out of understanding and harmony. I hold strong aversions towards them. If they achieve xx UAI because of cheating, how unfair would it be for those who worked their asses off but ended up with less UAI than those plagiarism-holics?
But it also makes you feel ten times better if/when you beat them :)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
Well, ok. My statement would have been overly generalised. But my view towards their lives of lies are totally out of understanding and harmony. I hold strong aversions towards them. If they achieve xx UAI because of cheating, how unfair would it be for those who worked their asses off but ended up with less UAI than those plagiarism-holics?
oh i completly agree, people who claim others work as their own disgust me. It pisses me off knowing that even though im working as hard as i can, someone will do better then me and might get that uni place or scholarship that im aiming for, simply cuz they can pay someone off to think for them.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
lyounamu said:
Their lives of lies?

Namu, the HSC isn't the most important thing in the world. Relax.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Boxes said:
Their lives of lies?

Namu, the HSC isn't the most important thing in the world. Relax.
You obviously haven't read all my posts. Epic fail.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
lyounamu said:
You obviously haven't read all my posts. Epic fail.
Namu, why are you on the defensive? Relax a little, kick back and enjoy life.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Boxes said:
Namu, why are you on the defensive? Relax a little, kick back and enjoy life.
how was he defensive? he was having a rant we are all entitled to that occasionally

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
i think ive spent around $7500 on tutoring, study guides etc. plus i go to a independent high school so it tuition is a bit pricey. i say- if people want to waste money on tutoring let them, if they dont then who cares. the hsc (like life) is a game so why not play it.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
melanieeeee. said:
i think ive spent around $7500 on tutoring, study guides etc. plus i go to a independent high school so it tuition is a bit pricey. i say- if people want to waste money on tutoring let them, if they dont then who cares. the hsc (like life) is a game so why not play it.
yeah i think my parents have spent 2000 for school fees

RocKetBoy

HSC
i've spent $2000 on tutoring and im not in yr12 yet ='(
i'll probably spend more in yr12 lol...O.O
plus i lyk buying random useless stationery..*sigh*

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
RocKetBoy said:
plus i lyk buying random useless stationery..*sigh*
I love stationary shopping.

It's the one thing i'm gonna miss about school :(

kasakiki

HSC
Uni Grad
sadly i love stationary shopping too! my only hope is that uni requires random, usless but on so magical desk accessories also....

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
midifile said:
I love stationary (sic) shopping.

It's the one thing i'm gonna miss about school :(
Nah, you can still go stationery shopping at university.

I do it every semester, because i joined a social club on campus and you get a $25 voucher for both semesters to use in any arc store (franchise store at UNSW). So instead of grabbing red bull / food / magazines, i use it for pens :eek:

My two degrees are writing intensive though.

P.S. those who study visual design or architecture will need to do stationery shopping on a more regular basis.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
1, I LOVE STATIONARY SHOPPING
2, The teachers at my school offer tutoring for FREE to anyone who asks, they'll do it before school, lunch, (free periods if you they work out so), after school and some even do it on weekends. They all do these at the High School, so that students can do their best.

I get the extra help, and never ask them to write essays for me, just read over my practice ones and give me advice.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
marcquelle said:
1, I LOVE STATIONARY SHOPPING
2, The teachers at my school offer tutoring for FREE to anyone who asks, they'll do it before school, lunch, (free periods if you they work out so), after school and some even do it on weekends. They all do these at the High School, so that students can do their best.

I get the extra help, and never ask them to write essays for me, just read over my practice ones and give me advice.
Do you go to a private school?

If not, what public school do you attend? (just curious) :)

SimonLee13

HSC
Black.Magic said:
Here's a hot tip: DON'T SPEND THAT MUCH. Invest it at a conservative 7% p.a. and you'll have made $160 by the end of the year! that'lll be dandy. I understand maths tutoring. there are some people whose right cerebral cortexes simply aren't developed properly, for whatever reason. But unless English is your second language, don't get a damn english tutor. It's a logical subject, despite what you hear.

do you think there are going to be tutors paid for by your parents at every stage in your life? NO! learn now. do the bloody HSC yourself and sink or swim. that's life. six months after your HSC, nobody will even give a rat's ass about your UAI, and that's the truth.
plain and simple.
Lol my english teacher doesn't teach english. He teaches about international conflicts past and present, USA's foreign policy, corruption in media etc. I learn stuff you can't learn anywhere else really.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
marcquelle said:
Um i go to Vincentia High School

EDIT:

Public School not Private
Thats funny, I used to go to Ulladulla HS.

You'd know the Budden family.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)