• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

how much money have you spent on study guides, tutoring, study camps etc.? (1 Viewer)

jamesboyd9

HSC
wendus said:
awfully productive too! lolz.

i haven't spent too much. i do DT which takes up so much money - materials, printing, expensive portfolios and equipment, etc. and i get exam pens which are like $5 each. i don't go tutoring (thank god) and i don't use study guides.
what the fuck are exam pens?

in answer to your question, I've never been tutored, never got a study guide, the school lends us text books, I find old pens in the draw of the study, never been on a 'study camp' or whatever, go to a public school... basicly I've never spent a dime on school.

I'm still doing well though.

henry08

HSC
N/A
Exam pens are pens which are comfortable to hold and easy to write with.

jamesboyd9

HSC
Enobarbus said:
Obviously, the concept of "doing well" is rather subjective in our modern-day society of relativism. Especially when misspellings like "draw" and "basicly" aren't really wrong, but just different and deserving of respect in their own right.
Wow, somebody needs to pull their head out of their arse. Hit a nerve there did I? Don't like the idea that people can be naturally smart without spending all their free time attending study lectures and recieving tutoring?

No, english is not my strong point (and I'm certainly not going to watch my spelling too carefully on an internet forum, where normal people don't care), but I am coming first in my SDD and chemistry classes, second in extension 1 & 2 maths and fourth in physics.

I don't like to sound up myself, it's just that you are a big twat. Enjoy all the friends that you probably have, and the exciting life you will no doubt lead, with all the free time you'll have in your boring arse fancy office job.

xoxoxo

HSC
henry08 said:
Exam pens are pens which are comfortable to hold and easy to write with.
Everyone needs a set of these.
I'm just really lucky because I can claim any pen/highlighter I buy on tax (my work is really stingy and they make you supply your own pens). The tax department can just believe that I lose a pen on every shift.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
sarah1990 said:
what do you mean by exam pens?
they are nice and squishy and smooth to write with. they dont blister you fingers.

exam pens are too expensive, i just get those spongy pencil grip things, they're even better and cost like 20 cents

HSC
-may-cat- said:
they are nice and squishy and smooth to write with. they dont blister you fingers.

exam pens are too expensive, i just get those spongy pencil grip things, they're even better and cost like 20 cents
i just use the kilometrico that sits on top of the fridge.

HSC
-may-cat- said:
kilowhatnow?
you know, those shitty pens that you buy in pack of 24s for like $2. they write for a kilometre, and hence their name, kilometrico. :0

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
ChockoRepublic said:
you know, those shitty pens that you buy in pack of 24s for like $2. they write for a kilometre, and hence their name, kilometrico. :0
oh right, the bic ones, i cant use them by themselves they blister my fingers in exams, yay for squishy spongy grips!

Arithela

HSC
haha i love those cheap kilometrico pens even when they kill my hands in exams!

HSC
I Kilometrico too, i'm using one now as we speak too...wait no, it's some dodgy hotel pen i taxed =\

I've seen Exam Erasers....
or they could be Exam Grade Erasers?
What makes them so special?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Arithela said:
haha i love those cheap kilometrico pens even when they kill my hands in exams!
how can you use them?! they literally take skin off my fingers

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
kevinx2 said:
I Kilometrico too, i'm using one now as we speak too...wait no, it's some dodgy hotel pen i taxed =\

I've seen Exam Erasers....
or they could be Exam Grade Erasers?
What makes them so special?
never heard of them, sounds like bullshit to me

Arithela

HSC
well you will eventually get used to it, like everything else in life. i write a lot so i dont like spending heaps on pens

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Arithela said:
well you will eventually get used to it, like everything else in life. i write a lot so i dont like spending heaps on pens
hence squishy grips, they make shitty pens into a fantastically comfortable writing experience!!

poWerdrY

HSC
my chem, phys and maths tutoring are useless. i could have achieved a very similar result through self study. but english tutoring is priceless. it allows someone to mark and edit your essays everyweek.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)