How much of the syllabus should be covered these holidays? (1 Viewer)

nerd_2b

HSC
A lot of kids burn out during these holidays because they try to finish the syllabus for all their subjects. I could name a few but I won't.
ARE YOU SERIOUS! Now, they will surely be focused right?

But doesn't it make it easier for them to just do ques? NIce but I won't try it...

ruchira2122

HSC
English = Read all your texts.
Phys & Chem = First two modules
Maths = just past papers. :)
out of everything ive read that seems like the best advice

just out of curiosity for math/mx1.. is it more useful doing ALOT of textbook questions or just doing a few and focusing on past papers?

Mehae

HSC
so would you guys suggest cementing the work you did in term 4 rather than going ahead?

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
yeah I'm just doing revision rather than going ahead.
that way, I'll be paying heaps of attention during class

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
out of everything ive read that seems like the best advice

just out of curiosity for math/mx1.. is it more useful doing ALOT of textbook questions or just doing a few and focusing on past papers?
I did past paper questions all year. But that was just me. I was a lazy kid who didn't wanna do textbook questions. You'd find a lot of the people who did better than me in Maths did a combination of textbook questions and past papers. But even then, I'd still seem to do decently in my exams, so I never changed anything. :p

so would you guys suggest cementing the work you did in term 4 rather than going ahead?
Yes, I believe you should be doing this, in addition to learning new course material.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
English = Read all your texts.
Phys & Chem = First two modules
Maths = just past papers. :)
You did a fair bit during the holidays then :)... especially for the sciences. I just plan to go along at my own pace.

joecarling

HSC
you really shouldnt be going so far ahead. half a topic should be fine. otherwise, you'll end up revising previous stuff again and studying stuff that's not even in your half-yearly exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)