how much study are you doing a day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

*maria*

HSC
MathsIsWeird said:
lol i envy you all, 2 weeks to go so its time to start revising a years worth of notes.
:rofl:

UAI AIM = >65
LMAO! I'm waiting for 1 week before HSC, that's when i'll be in full swing...hopefully. My dream of 93 does not seem very realistic anymore

Today's highlight: Waking up at 3:00PM (LOL-DON'T ASK!) knowing that Home and Away was only 4 hours away...

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
*maria* said:
LMAO! I'm waiting for 1 week before HSC, that's when i'll be in full swing...hopefully. My dream of 93 does not seem very realistic anymore

Today's highlight: Waking up at 3:00PM (LOL-DON'T ASK!) knowing that Home and Away was only 4 hours away...
lolol... =D I've had similar experiences.... =P

c'mon people! We've got to get out of this procrastination rut and into the FULL STUDY SWING!!!!

get motivated people!!!!

feel the power of the study!!! :eek:

don't see study as a burden. Instead view it as a learning process and one that will ultimately benifit your future (because, trust me, it will)...

say NO to procrastination!

sammi260

President of the World
HSC
hey if ppl were still wondering about the bonus points the website for unsw is
www.unsw.edu.au/HSCplus
and there is a link that you can follow that lists the courses and the points you get for the related HSC subjects. Its really nifty lol. It doesnt matter if you've got a scholarship either cos im being nominated for AAA as well and i dont think it makes a difference just as long as you get into UNSW.

Sydney has something too but it doesnt give as much detail. It's
www.usyd.edu.au/flexibleentry
lol I had to know all about these cos i would never get into the course i want without those bonus points:)

Im screwed when it comes to study. Im not even gonna say how many hours ive done or if i even have notes prepared. lmao.

carreau

HSC
None! I've done my HSC muhahahahahahaah

muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhahahahahahahaah

Yea..

starrysky

HSC
You suck. :p

I'm actually going to get out of my house to study. Going to the library for at least four hours from tomorrow onwards. Since I'm so easily distracted by an extensive list of crap.

Ehh.

morganforrest

HSC
Get yourself a study timetable and make yourself stick to it. When you write it all down you'd be surprised how little it looks, and then pleased when you see all the blank spaces that mean breaks.

Also, you don't have to be doing fifty bagillion hours a day to go well. Remember that 5 or 6 hours of quality study is better than 12 hours of procrastination/study/daydreaming.

I'm planning on doing 6-7 hours a day this week. Then 9-10 second week of hols, and stuvac. Then i figure by the time the hsc is upon me I'll be so in the groove study will just happen by itself.

Good Luck everyone, see ya in 34 days (see how close the end is!!!)

ssglain

HSC
See, I had no idea how little I studied until I recently started to keep a log book of what I was doing and how long I spent doing it. It turns out that, on average, I'm now barely pulling off 2-3 hours of study per day. I feel rather shameful, to be honest, that I've let myself loose when I crucially need to tighten up, and I've only got another 16 days to sort myself out...

:bomb:

sarahpettigrove

HSC
ssglain said:
I've only got another 16 days to sort myself out...
oh god don't put it into days! 2 weeks sounds ever so slightly further away. i continue to tell myself that i'll feel more like studying tommorow... but i never do and just end up sitting on the couch staring into space contemplating .... well ... nothing really :eek:.
since graduation i've probly done 1 hour a day hoping to boost that up to ALL FREAKIN DAY till this tortourous year of hell is over.

but then again contemplating nothing sounds so inviting......

richey

HSC
2007 the year of the procrastinators...

dont worry im in the same boat.. i have barely done any study at all. I said that my wall would be covered in study notes and at the moment there is only one sheet on projectile motion.

today is where I will make a stand and actually study!

sarahpettigrove

HSC
lol i know wat u mean, though my walls are covered the notes i have up there are random things that i really don't need for the exams.
our generation was always bound to be the procrastinators i mean everywhere i look i find some other time waster. oh the irony... as i sit here, on the computer, wasting my time, complaining about time wasters. bloody hilarious. :mad1:

nearlythere...

HSC
i'm doing normally about 3-4 hours a day, mainly cause I know if I aimed for 6 hours of study a day, I'd end up only doing 3 anyway, so really I'm saving myself a lot of time. and I'm doing those hours in 1 hour blocks.
This is the most I've studied in my life... so glad it'll be another year or so before I have to do study like this again (i love gap year)

adeal

HSC
I spoke to some of my teachers who said that doing anything over 8hrs will end up melting your brain and that 6 to 8hrs should be enough if you do it properly. One also sugested that we should study in sessions that mimic the tests. ie. 9.30 to 12.30, 2.00 to 5.00 and in that time have test conditions.

bahhh

HSC
Yeah right now I am doing roughly 2 - 3 hours, but I'm working on trying to up i to something more substancial. As it is its really not enough time. Still... Gotta start somewhere..

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
I've never done more than three hours of study a day. Haha.
That's crazy. I did 1.5hours today, I'm going to go through it again, get quizzed on it and that's it for the day! I'll go through another topic tonight probably or the same topic again.

adel_saleh

adelloo
HSC
Hey guys, i do about say... umm... well i wake up at 8am.. then start at around 9:00am and go all day till bout 11pm or sumthing..:bomb: obviously with breaks... :uhhuh:

FromDeeEast

HSC
can u guys do me a favour and stop studying so i get a higher uai ? kthx

but on a serious note y 10 hours... and what do u hope to be / get? i hope to be getting a 85ish uai being my lazy self. maybe 2 hours a day if that? but with 8 - 10 hours? i dont really see a point. goin through the uac book u can get into 98% of things with a uai of 90 (not including med). I dont see y people toture themselves for a uai of 99.4 when they are only goin to do a course which has a cut off of 80.

For the people who say, i wanna see how high i can get? whats the point? Uai is an indication of how HARD you work, and not really how SMART you are. Thats the main reason that umat was created, so that people it could measure how smart people are (to an extent), and not how good they are at memorising essays or being able to bullshit the best.

I've seen alot of frendships break(due to being way to competitive between each other) , alot of people lose there social life for what? a mark?

Then i see the other people who work extremely hard, and not be able to achieve there dream uai. Honestly alot of u guys dont know how many people get depressed from the hsc.

Just take it easy, and slowly uai is not the end of the world.

just my 2c

Last edited:

footballstar

HSC
FromDeeEast said:
can u guys do me a favour and stop studying so i get a higher uai ? kthx

but on a serious note y 10 hours... and what do u hope to be / get? i hope to be getting a 85ish uai being my lazy self. maybe 2 hours a day if that? but with 8 - 10 hours? i dont really see a point. goin through the uac book u can get into 98% of things with a uai of 90 (not including med). I dont see y people toture themselves for a uai of 99.4 when they are only goin to do a course which has a cut off of 80.

For the people who say, i wanna see how high i can get? whats the point? Uai is an indication of how HARD you work, and not really how SMART you are. Thats the main reason that umat was created, so that people it could measure how smart people are (to an extent), and not how good they are at memorising essays or being able to bullshit the best.

I've seen alot of frendships break(due to being way to competitive between each other) , alot of people lose there social life for what? a mark?

Then i see the other people who work extremely hard, and not be able to achieve there dream uai. Honestly alot of u guys dont know how many people get depressed from the hsc.

Just take it easy, and slowly uai is not the end of the world.

just my 2c
What if ur Asian and and ur self worth is determined by the uai u get.

What about the people with Asian parents who'll disown them if they get below 90.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)