how much study are you doing a day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmwz4

HSC
footballstar said:
What if ur Asian and and ur self worth is determined by the uai u get.

What about the people with Asian parents who'll disown them if they get below 90.
lol at disown

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
footballstar said:
What if ur Asian and and ur self worth is determined by the uai u get.

What about the people with Asian parents who'll disown them if they get below 90.

:bomb:Good luck to you :D

williamc

HSC
^ I remember last year, some people were saying that they ran away from home, their parents wouldn't speak to them etc.

Sadly, it happens.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
williamc said:
^ I remember last year, some people were saying that they ran away from home, their parents wouldn't speak to them etc.

Sadly, it happens.
Okay, well my parents are curry and MOST curry parents are the same as asian parents when it comes to studying - but the only thing my parents have asked me to do, is just perform to the best of my abilities. I mean obviously my parents would be elated if i recieved a uai of 90+ but they're happy as long as i get into uni. :) I haven't heard of any asian or curry parents who would pressure their child to that extent besides footballstars story.

Good luck to all! :D

Last edited:

original123

*Original Convention*
HSC
Remember, you poor Asians aren't the only ones. Gypos are like...WOW! Prestige is everything. It's hilarious to hear all of our gypo parents go, "You have to get higher than this person!" "You better kill that person! Rub their faces in the dirt!"
I question whether the HSC actually means anything to them hehe I don't think they even know what it stands for =D
(Point: Asians, do NOT feel bad =) =)...)

footballstar

HSC
tanjin said:
Okay, well my parents are curry and they're pretty much the same as asian parents when it comes to studying - all they've asked me to do, is just perform to the best of my abilities. I mean obviously my parents would be elated if i recieved a uai of 90+ but they're happy as long as i get into uni. :) I haven't heard of any asian or curry parents who would pressure their child that much besides footballstars story.

Good luck to all! :D
lol, I was only quoting what someone said in another thread

Meli_H

HSC
At the moment I'm aiming for 6 hours a day as I don't think its good to stress out about not getting 10+ hours of study in a day if its not possible for you. Hopefully by the beginning of the HSC week I will be studying for at least 8 hours if not then I'll keep my 6 and do my best.

Good Luck to everyone!

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
footballstar said:
lol, I was only quoting what someone said in another thread
Still, i'd be pretty pissed off if my parents had an attitude like that!

bento

HSC
tanjin said:
USW, UTS, UNSW offer extra points but only for if you have done certain subjects. UTS only gives extra points to students who choose the courses listed for the scheme + the subject. I heard USYD is offering something similar but not too sure. Check the uni sites - they have all the info :)
Ooh thankyou..thats awesome news!
...how can you get banned?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
tanjin said:
girls get extra points for doing engineering? lol that's crap - I know that UTS is offering an extra 6 points to anyone - f & m who chooses engineering.

I think i got unbanned earlier than you because i was banned before you! :p I tried to come on with another account but everytime i went to BOS - the banned msg came up .- Argh! I'll do my best to keep off the spam! :D but its always fun, right Kujah? :p
:uhhuh: :)

So any studying today guys?

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
footballstar said:
I thought curry parents share the same attitude
What i meant was most curry parents are the same as asian parents when it comes to studying however if you read what i said about my parents, you'll understand.

I've edited it for you. :)

bento said:
...how can you get banned?
:spam:

i do try and help out sometimes!

Kujah said:
So any studying today guys?
I did 2 hours worth at the library - it's a start.

Last edited:

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
Lol. I'm using a logbook too... but, i'm using it to force myself to study at least 10 hours by constantly checking how much i've done so far, and if i'm lagging then i'll ban myself from all facets of enjoyment till the required hours have been reached.... >_>"

but... it's working.. =)

jirwin

HSC
but is the study effective or just crap study in order to get the required hours done?

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
jirwin said:
but is the study effective or just crap study in order to get the required hours done?
it's actually really really effective study (from my pov), and definintely much better than i've ever done this past year...

yeah. i know that some people think that studying that much is ineffective coz you spend so much time drifting off into neverneverland... but, i find that i actually study in that time... like, REAL study... lol... scary 0_o....

so.... yeah, it's very effective for me.. coz i've actually learnt a lot in the past 4 days..

beentherdunthat

HSC
^^ will try this.

1) I study during the night = nocturnal. lol
2) All i've been doing is maths.
3) So repetitive.
4) Has lots of work to do over the next 2 weeks.
5) Can't wait till my b'day- 29 th oct. -Finish 4unit exam and only have 3unit left. WEHOOOOOOOOO.
6) Freedom = two hours after 9:15 on 31st October.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
ssejamafone said:
Lol. I'm using a logbook too... but, i'm using it to force myself to study at least 10 hours by constantly checking how much i've done so far, and if i'm lagging then i'll ban myself from all facets of enjoyment till the required hours have been reached.... >_>"

but... it's working.. =)
I could start a log book...but i'd probably lose it. :)

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
tanjin said:
I could start a log book...but i'd probably lose it. :)
lol.. my logbook's HUGE. so there's definitely no way i'm gonna lose it.. =D

and.. if i did lose it, then i'd probably slap myself in the face a bit...

coz... i'm attached to my logbook..

like... next to all the times that i wrote... there's like... little comments, like: "what were you DOING?????", "bah, idiot", "omg...... wow...... long time.....", "spent 5 minutes daydreaming.... stupid", "idiot, idiot, idiot..."....

lol... i love my book. <3

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
ssejamafone said:
lol.. my logbook's HUGE. so there's definitely no way i'm gonna lose it.. =D

and.. if i did lose it, then i'd probably slap myself in the face a bit...

coz... i'm attached to my logbook..

like... next to all the times that i wrote... there's like... little comments, like: "what were you DOING?????", "bah, idiot", "omg...... wow...... long time.....", "spent 5 minutes daydreaming.... stupid", "idiot, idiot, idiot..."....

lol... i love my book. <3
You have no idea how bad i am with these things. My 4u journal - the most obese thing you'll ever see, it was on my desk...underneath a pile of school shit and i couldn't find it. When i asked my brother if he'd seen it - he took one look at my desk and picked it out. That's how fucked i am. :)

jirwin

HSC
good on u. i wouldnt be able to do so many hours of effective study. i did 1hr of maths study this afternoon and i've come to the conclusion that it was very ineffective. i was studying the prelim course cos i wasn't in general maths then. but in the time it took i got very little done. the textbook i have is on cd too cos the head teacher wouldnt give me a text book. so i got distracted heaps. so i've changed my plans.

tomorrow i dont know exactly what i plan to do. cept i have to buy a present for my friends 18th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)