how much study are you doing a day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
tanjin said:
Seriously.
baaaaah..... why am i doing 4U maths??? WHY??? My parents and my relatives fully expect me to get a 99.99 uai cos of 4U and coz i do the 'sciences' when i know i'm only realistically going to get 90......

WHY????

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
ssejamafone said:
baaaaah..... why am i doing 4U maths??? WHY??? My parents and my relatives fully expect me to get a 99.99 uai cos of 4U and coz i do the 'sciences' when i know i'm only realistically going to get 90......

WHY????
Thankfully, my parents aren't like most other curry parents - they've allowed me to choose whatever subjects i like and are happy with an 80 uai...actually they'd be happy to see me in uni even if its UWS. :)

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
tanjin said:
Thankfully, my parents aren't like most other curry parents - they've allowed me to choose whatever subjects i like and are happy with an 80 uai...actually they'd be happy to see me in uni even if its UWS. :)
I'd like to extract some of your parents' dna and insert it into my parents so they'll be moar nice and understanding... :uhhuh:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
ssejamafone said:
I'd like to extract some of your parents' dna and insert it into my parents so they'll be moar nice and understanding... :uhhuh:
I think they're like this because my mum chose some of my brothers subjects - and he fucked up. Plus i tend to ignore their suggestions because when it comes down to it - i know what's best for me. :D If i allowed my parents to choose all my subjects for me it would go something like this -

Current Subs
4u english
Mod History
General Math
Accounting

Their Choice
4u Math
Physics
Chem
Economics
Adv Eng

Last edited:

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
tanjin said:
I think they're like this because my mum chose some of my brothers subjects - and he fucked up. Plus i tend to ignore their suggestions because when it comes down to it - i know what's best for me. :D If i allowed my parents to choose all my subjects for me it would go something like this -

Current Subs
4u english
Mod History
General Math
Accounting

Their Choice
4u Math
Physics
Chem
Economics
Adv Eng
........ wow.... 0_o .... lolol... that's kinda funny =P

lol. this reminds me of how my parents feel about my subjects.... well, i guess i do all the 'typical asian' subjects - 4U maths, bio, chem, (i dropped physics this year ^_^"), advanced english........

but, when i decided to keep german for yr 11 and 12...... they were like: :eek: :confused:

and, even when i do well in my german assessments, they don't care at all.... all they care about is maths and science.... TT_TT"

lol. maybe i should've done music or something... >_>"

N

noir.

tanjin said:
Can't wait for that. Every curry thinks im going to ace the HSC because i do 4u english. Fuck! The fact that i haven't been studying very much....will hopefully make a difference to their opinions. They automatically assume that doing any 4u subject equals high uai.
Like most ethnic groups, you tend to get phonecalls from family friends asking for your UAI :p

Which is why I'm not going to tell anyone what I get! Ever! It'll only be a way of comparing me to others, and I dislike that

G

gaoOO

footballstar said:
What if ur Asian and and ur self worth is determined by the uai u get.

What about the people with Asian parents who'll disown them if they get below 90.
you have it pretty easy. I think my parents would half disown me if i got below 99. I'm envisaging only about 100 phone calls after the UAI comes out, from other equally obsessive asian parents, who unfortunately have much brighter children... sigh...

on a more positive note, i've done 2 hours of study so far today :)

adeal

HSC
Sucks to be all of you. My parents dont really care about my uai as long as i get into uni. aiming for a uai of about 76 to do engineering and newcastle uni.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
tanjin said:

Current Subs
4u english
Mod History
General Math
Accounting

Their Choice
4u Math
Physics
Chem
Economics
Adv Eng

so so so very true, im glad my parents are pretty good about it as well, they know i dislike maths and science (mostly maths don't mind bio or something) so they didn't make me choose them in fact THEY were the ones who told me not to do adv maths because I was the one going for it *smacks head repeatedly* what was i thinking? anyway i got out of it and did cafs instead :D
my parents made me do economics instead of drama though and do you know what happened? i HATED eco with a burning passion and could not wait to drop it.
yeah i know what you mean i used to do 4U and everyone was like 'ooooh ur gonna 99 " or even worse "oh that's good, it makes up for ur other subjects" -_-

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
gah... my logbook is failing me! :eek: I'm glued to the computer, and have been so for the last 2 hours..... and not even the awesome pull of my beloved logbook can drag me away from my computer..... what's happening to me.. :eek:

need.... more..... study..... hours...... must..... leave...... bos......

bah... my resolve has failed me... >_>"

lololol... spam thread has disappeared... only a select few were able to witness the wonders of that paradoxical thread.... *sigh*

SoulSlayer

HSC
ssejamafone said:
gah... my logbook is failing me! :eek: I'm glued to the computer, and have been so for the last 2 hours..... and not even the awesome pull of my beloved logbook can drag me away from my computer..... what's happening to me.. :eek:

need.... more..... study..... hours...... must..... leave...... bos......

bah... my resolve has failed me... >_>"

lololol... spam thread has disappeared... only a select few were able to witness the wonders of that paradoxical thread.... *sigh*
Fucking spammers. :)
Excluding what I do for my major work atm, I've only managed an hour an day of study, and it's pretty light study as well, so screw you all for actually studying :)

radmadjules

HSC
hello, can anyone help me in trying to find like speciman answers in categories of say band1,2,3,4,5,6 etc..

i was looking at them at school but are no where to be seen now ?

any help is much appreciated.

SoulSlayer

HSC
radmadjules said:
hello, can anyone help me in trying to find like speciman answers in categories of say band1,2,3,4,5,6 etc..

You can look at the standards packages that they have on the official BOS website, they are around there somewhere :)

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
radmadjules said:

http://arc.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/go/hsc/std-packs/ - i don't think it gives answers in all the bands, but i has a lot of exemplar answers. :)

oh yeah, except for languages... for languages, they give banded answer examples.

edit:

SoulSlayer said:
Fucking spammers. :)
:D

Last edited:

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
Forbidden. said:
Band 1/2 answers yield more humour than useful information.
YES!!!

German-speaking band 1/2 answers....

bahahahhahahahaha :rofl:

............. i'm going to get a band 1 for speaking :(

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
Forbidden. said:
My kind of responses lie across all ranges. =\
yeah, same... like, for answers that i've memorised, i can pretty much rattle off a band 6 answer..... but for retarded curve-ball questions that they throw at you... then...... frick. :mad1: band 1 here i come. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)