how much time is everyone dedicating to 4 unit and 3 unit maths? (1 Viewer)

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
as a percentage would be good. i ve heard you should spend about 60-70% of your time on maths, is this true. I would like to know so i can dedicate time effectively.

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
I spend an hour a day doing 4u maths. I've already done 3u maths as an accelerant, so I get to spend more time on other subjects :p

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
An hour to half-ish (/day) on 4U. Haven't touched 3U a lot since I've gone through the course already.

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
as a percentage would be good. i ve heard you should spend about 60-70% of your time on maths, is this true. I would like to know so i can dedicate time effectively.
True for me because my maths teacher set a crap load of homework which would take about 2-3 hours a night but he would give us a few days or an even week before it was due. I only ever spent about 30 minutes on my other subjects..

muzeikchun852

HSC
well. its called 4U so i think you should dedicate twice the effect of a normal 2U subject. having said that, time wise - i think it takes me 0.5-1 hr a day (including in-class working / frees). on the comment that 4 unit students "should spend about 60-70% of your time on maths", i personally dont feel that i need to put that much effort on maths. that sounds more like japanese extension : (

Last edited:

khfreakau

HSC
Only as much time as it takes to do my homework during nonexam periods, in order to make room for the notemaking of other subjects. Once notemaking and english essays are done, I balance everything out in the lead up to exams, especially by increasing maths by a significant proportion.

Squishxmishyx

Olive You.
HSC
Only as much time as it takes to do my homework during nonexam periods, in order to make room for the notemaking of other subjects. Once notemaking and english essays are done, I balance everything out in the lead up to exams, especially by increasing maths by a significant proportion.
Wanna study at Parra library?
I'll shout you a Zinger burger.

funnytomato

HSC
doesn't matter as long as you get it

btw, you should update the cut-off for ur uni course

TheTutorBot

HSC
I agree with funny, study as long as is required to understand the stuff but make sure you keep coming back so you don't forget stuff

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
are you people mad? you should be spending at least 75% of your time studying for 3U, and 95% of your time if you're doing 4U

if you want band E4s for these subjects, i wouldn't be doing any less than that. You should be studying 6 hours a day in total for your HSC. More on weekends.
By the time the HSC comes round, you should've done about 30 past papers by then.

HSC
Uni Grad
i spend around 60% of my study time on maths in total - 87.5% of which is 4U, so that's pretty much 50% of my total study time on extension 2 maths :p

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
with that atar aim?!?!? you should be doing a hell of a lot more!!!

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
I forgot my tutor gave me homework too.. I did a fuckload of maths homework for the HSC =/

TheTutorBot

HSC
are you people mad? you should be spending at least 75% of your time studying for 3U, and 95% of your time if you're doing 4U

if you want band E4s for these subjects, i wouldn't be doing any less than that. You should be studying 6 hours a day in total for your HSC. More on weekends.
By the time the HSC comes round, you should've done about 30 past papers by then.

No you shouldn't have, but you have to if you wish to do well in today's highly competitive school system. Its ridiculous..I was racing push bikes at a national level and pushing for a spot on the national team through my HSC and people were spending more time studying than I was on my bike.

I will point out that I got an ATAR over 90. You only need to understand the stuff, there is no point in studying long hours and not learning anything from it. Study efficiently and you can do 3u on half hour per day outside of school

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)