how much time is everyone dedicating to 4 unit and 3 unit maths? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
No you shouldn't have, but you have to if you wish to do well in today's highly competitive school system. Its ridiculous..I was racing push bikes at a national level and pushing for a spot on the national team through my HSC and people were spending more time studying than I was on my bike.

I will point out that I got an ATAR over 90. You only need to understand the stuff, there is no point in studying long hours and not learning anything from it. Study efficiently and you can do 3u on half hour per day outside of school
Figure 9.3 - "TheTutorBot"
Another victim of a successful application of internet 'trolling'.

khfreakau

HSC
In the context of the HSC, if you're doing 10 units, everything is important.
Indeed, but I'm pretty sure that much more investment into maths than I'm putting now will be detrimental to my ATAR. English is considerably important, considering that you are compared to everyone in the state. 4u is not as big deal as it's made out to be if you have the capability to understand the concepts within it.

Also, ohexploitable, who's 9.1?

HSC
Maybe 1 hour a day on 4U.

Less then 20 minutes on 3U, as our class has finished the 3U course long ago.

ttrinix

HSC
yes eng is important. I hate to say that too....
4u only has 1u worth of content...so it doesn't take up too much time. max. 1hr a day

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
English ALWAYS counts. If you're doing only 2 units of it, all year 12 assessment counts (you have no other units to pick to count for your two units of English). So if you screw up one English assessment in year 12, that's bad because it's detrimental to your rank.

Hence, English is always important. But if you're doing only 10 units, they're all equally as important (all end up counting).

There must be a Sydney Harbor sized bridge on BOS because there's such a large populace of trolls.

Aindan

HSC
On average, i do around 15 minutes a day but this increases considerably when exams come.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Teacher say 2 hours
I do >3 hours homework (because I'm slow)
And hence, have no time for extra work.
Some nights I do nothing.
4u only has 1u worth of content...so it doesn't take up too much time. max. 1hr a day
4 unit is like the equivalent of a 2 unit subject...

Last edited:

HSC
Uni Grad
yes eng is important. I hate to say that too....
but it actually does take more time to understand and apply the content coz questions can be long and difficult =_=
so maybe 1.5 hours..
i wonder how baulko ppl are going with 4U maths... seems like my school isn't too good as of now..

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
1 hour- 2 hours a day is sufficient. For 4 unit, consistent effort and application is important. Don't do 10 hours on one day and then suddenly neglect it for 5 weeks.

oh yeah, and MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT NEGLECT your other subjects if you do 4 unit.

ANHNGUYEN

HSC
The most important subject you should be focusing on is ENGLISH because THAT COUNTS!!! You do NOT want to screw up in English at all.
Maths should be put second to English, English Before Maths Ext 1 & Maths Ext 2

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
The most important subject you should be focusing on is ENGLISH because THAT COUNTS!!! You do NOT want to screw up in English at all.
Maths should be put second to English, English Before Maths Ext 1 & Maths Ext 2
No thanks :-D

K

khorne

Since 1 in every 10 of my posts has to include some useful or on topic discussion, I will contribute to this beautiful thread.

Having done the 4U course last year, as part of acceleration, I was not happy with my mark (it was mid E4, but I wanted high 90s lol), so I am redoing it (just the 4th unit), partly also to continue doing maths before uni, as I might go into something mathematical. Since I already have learnt the stuff, I do 2 to 3 past trial papers per week (which is like 9 hours total...so a little more than 1 hour per day average?). I'll bump that up to 4 or so before exams.

HSC
Uni Grad
Since 1 in every 10 of my posts has to include some useful or on topic discussion, I will contribute to this beautiful thread.

Having done the 4U course last year, as part of acceleration, I was not happy with my mark (it was mid E4, but I wanted high 90s lol), so I am redoing it (just the 4th unit), partly also to continue doing maths before uni, as I might go into something mathematical. Since I already have learnt the stuff, I do 2 to 3 past trial papers per week (which is like 9 hours total...so a little more than 1 hour per day average?). I'll bump that up to 4 or so before exams.
What... I thought you were a 2010'er?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)