How often are people working? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Sounds good.

A tip with refining: Don't get caught up in too much refining "at the beginning". If you're going to rework, do it TOP TO BOTTOM as often you'll have minor plot changes or similar that need to be supported through the entirety of the MW. Always remember that the MW as a whole is FAR more important than just "a bit here or a bit there". :)

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Sounds good.

A tip with refining: Don't get caught up in too much refining "at the beginning". If you're going to rework, do it TOP TO BOTTOM as often you'll have minor plot changes or similar that need to be supported through the entirety of the MW. Always remember that the MW as a whole is FAR more important than just "a bit here or a bit there". :)
Makes sense.

A lot of the editing is to do with making sentences flow better, and fixing up those words or phrases that jar the responder's reading.

edit: 6209 words now, time for bed. Feels good to have reached the minimum word count limit. I estimate I'll need about 1.5 thousand words to hit the climax and resolve the story, so it should all work out peachy (in theory lol)

Last edited:

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Well I had to hand in" a draft+reflection+log book of where we were for Eng Ext 2 this week and I'm very pleased to say that I got an A

I've been working pretty thouroughly on it, i'll like write stuff for it every few days, developing the story pretty slowly but at least its developing.

I also have
Visual Arts MW
History Extension MW
Religion thingy..whatever theyre called IRP or something

The world feels disgusting.
xx

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
Well done miss llama, must feel good to have your draft out of the way, and it must've been quite the draft to nab an A. ^^

HinikuTheNinja

one helluva naughty ninja
HSC
I did nothing over the holidays, but over the last few weeks back at school I've managed to fill up my first journal... O__O;; Most of it is research, with more loose articles waiting to be stuck into the next book. I've only got a few little reflection things and various little drafts/excerpts/snippets I was experimenting with.

I try to do a little bit each week. Actually, I look at my timetable to see when I've got EE2, and then go research crazy the night before so I have something to read during the lesson. ^_^;; I blame my teacher!

I suppose I should go start writing something now... hmm.. *waddles off*

(I have three MWs, EE2, drama and art... a friend of mine had D&T, art, ext. art, and ext. history. I felt sorry for her ^^; )

HSC
N/A
I remember only *really* starting about now last term. And quite a number of people did the same.

However you will find yourselves having to race against the clock if you only get a move on in late March (or later on). If you have not started writing yet, I strongly encourage you to start now. Particularly if you haven't written anything yet.

J

jhakka

I had only about 1000 words done by the Easter holidays. But then by second week back I'd finished my first draft. Relax. Just because you don't have anything now doesn't mean you won't have anything later. :)

orange_blob

Caveman
HSC
The Card Cheat said:
Good lord. I haven't even started writing, we just handed in our proposals on Tuesday.
snap

I think I'll get stuck in tomorrow :)

HSC
N/A
jhakka said:
I had only about 1000 words done by the Easter holidays. But then by second week back I'd finished my first draft. Relax. Just because you don't have anything now doesn't mean you won't have anything later. :)
True.

I think it's worthwhile to aim to have a full draft done by the end of easter holiday break though. :)

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
My teacher is making us email her snippets of our work constantly, so we have to produce at least one section a week or fortnight. My friend and I have around 3000 words already but now I'm starting to hit a dead end, so I hope that resolves itself soon!

I've found that the more I write, the less I use my journal. The poor thing is being neglected:(

honeylicious

HSC
hey peoplez! i hope your all doin good with your majors! cause like ima whizzin through it and to be honest it is so flippin hard! its very time consuming! im like workin from monday - sunday on it, at least 3 hrs a day researching topics for ma major! so yeah... does dat answer da question? lol....:)

orange_blob

Caveman
HSC
Hermzie said:
I've found that the more I write, the less I use my journal.
Whenever I write, I write in my journal. But I haven't really been building up one bit though, just writing little snippets. I should start writing on my computer, as It'll get very difficult when I actually want to put any of this stuff together.

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
honeylicious said:
hey peoplez! i hope your all doin good with your majors! cause like ima whizzin through it and to be honest it is so flippin hard! its very time consuming! im like workin from monday - sunday on it, at least 3 hrs a day researching topics for ma major! so yeah... does dat answer da question? lol....:)
at least 3 hours a day?

I'm suprised you're not finished yet.

caelestis_draco

HSC
Yay! i'm working on it now! but besides that the only time i really work on it is in our two hour EE2 sessions once a week. So i'm doing pretty crap at the moment. And i only read one book for EE2 during the holidays (i was in the country in Victoria. you'd think that i'd have time to read some more wouldn't you?)

*apologies go out to any hill-billy Victorians

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
caelestis_draco said:
Yay! i'm working on it now! but besides that the only time i really work on it is in our two hour EE2 sessions once a week. So i'm doing pretty crap at the moment. And i only read one book for EE2 during the holidays (i was in the country in Victoria. you'd think that i'd have time to read some more wouldn't you?)

*apologies go out to any hill-billy Victorians

Haha, don't apologise draco, they all know they're a bunch of hillbillys, have known for years.

Emph

HSC
honeylicious said:

excellent use of the english language

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
Emph said:
excellent use of the english language
Emph, I know this may sound wack, but maybe, just maybe, was there the slightest tracest minscule morsel of - wait for it - *sarcasm* in there?

Because if there was, whoa. Just whoa. 100000/100000.

caelestis_draco

HSC
you know Scotty,with your skill at analysing (and note, it's not even an essay but a post, oh the wonder!) i think that you're going to kick all of our butts in that-huge-school-calamity-coming-up-which-we-must-not-mention :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)