how specific are you on your audience? (1 Viewer)

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
You have to be very specific about the demographic. (e.g. age, their interests and defining features, also HSC markers)

showy

HSC
I'm not too specific as yet, I think I will be much more so as my work comes along, because I know it will turn out differently to how I've planned. I'm going to try and be very specific when it comes time to define my audience in writing the Reflection Statement though.

brendroid

HSC
You'd have to at least narrow down your age group. One thing I've heard is avoid targetting children - you can't do as complex work doing that.

accio.brain

HSC
Be specific but you shouldn't narrow it down to a particular age range, because not everyone in that group will be or think the same. If anything, say something like 'mature, literate' readers or whatever, or if your work is on a particular subject/historical period then say an audience with those specific interests. If your work is more experimental/pomo, I've read a few where people have said something broad like an audience with an open mind to ____technique. You don't have to spend too much space discussing your audience, a few well-worded sentences can often be enough.

Have a quick look in the Showcases and even past high-marked RS's on here, it'll really help to see how specific people are.

And for goodness sake's, don't write 'HSC markers' for your audience. I shouldn't even have to explain why.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)