how to avoid falling asleep during lectures? (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Heh I fall asleep in lectures a few times a week.

The strange thing is that I don't stop writing. My script degrades into chicken scratch, and sometimes I write things that I'm dreaming about, but I keep writing.

Evilo

HSC
scarybunny said:
Heh I fall asleep in lectures a few times a week.

The strange thing is that I don't stop writing. My script degrades into chicken scratch, and sometimes I write things that I'm dreaming about, but I keep writing.
pics or stfu ;)

princessrach

HSC
In creative arts we like to employ the 'buddy system'. We pick one or 2 people to be on note-taking duty and hype them up on sugar, caffeine, energy drinks and anything else we can find pre-lecture so that they stay awake and take notes while the rest of us snooze. If you happen to wake up, throw something at the note-takers to make sure their still awake.

Works for me!

Alternatively, if you have access to a laptop, I find that typing my notes as opposed to writing them keeps me awake and focused.

Or if you really cant help it, your not going to learn anything anyway so you may as well leave and sleep for awhile before your next lecture and then get the lecture notes of the internet for what you missed.

Its not rocket science!

Evan11

HSC
Boxxxhead said:
Because if they think that they're homeless, they're going to want to do something to prevent that from happening... naturally, paying attention in lectures is one of those things lol :p
Unless you're in an Arts degree, where no matter how hard you study you will still not get a job afterwards.

Che08

HSC
Just keep a bottle of water with you and take sips when you feel your falling asleep. - it usually helps me for about 1.5 hrs then you get used to the water - or too full and your screwed. lol

williamc

HSC
sleep 9 hours a night?

wrxsti said:
QFT, Pot and Coke work too
pot doesnt make you stay awake..

I know gas does. but if u took gas everyday to stay awake you wouldnt have teeth by your 3rd year.

Last edited:

blakegman

HSC
N/A
wrxsti said:
QFT, Pot and Coke work too

Pot lol clearly you have never done it.

hopefully u dont mean cocaine by coke, because id rather not pay 300 bucks a gram.

TheMelissa

God Complex
HSC
So uhh... self-discipline, anyone? I found that usually works.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
TheMelissa said:
So uhh... self-discipline, anyone? I found that usually works.

self-discipline didn't stop me falling asleep in 'The Notebook'.

tempco

HSC
Write. If you're doing something, you're less likely to fall asleep.

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
lol @ all the 2007 hscers posting replys...tho ive only been there for a year and only attended like 1/2 my lectures, best advice is just attend the lecture, sit near the back near some friends and try to wait it out...if that doesnt work jst download lecture notes and dont attend.

williamc

HSC
dion7789 said:
lol @ all the 2007 hscers posting replys...tho ive only been there for a year and only attended like 1/2 my lectures, best advice is just attend the lecture, sit near the back near some friends and try to wait it out...if that doesnt work jst download lecture notes and dont attend.
ok you are a fuckign idiot. 07'er posts have been related to general advice to staying awake, nothing to do with uni.

But yer after experiencing 1 year of uni life, and attending half your lecutres coz ur bad arse you are obivously a professional and we should all suck your wang.

Last edited:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Dontcha love angry 07ers.

Sometimes you do just fall asleep, no matter how interesting the lecture is or how much you write. TRY to get enough sleep outside of class (yeah right), or have something to nibble on. OH I found that eating sugary stuff before/at the beginning of class makes me crash halfway through, so eat something more substantial. An apple maybe?

Self control has nothing to do with it. When your body wants to sleep you have very little say in the matter.

williamc

HSC
Captin gay said:
i know sorry!! what was i thinking?? homo-sexuality is soo left wing and everyone on this board is obviously against it.

umm yer errr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)