How to become a better writer (1 Viewer)

nottellingu

HSC
I just have a real urge at the moment to work on my writing skills.
I wouldn't say I suck but there is definitely a lot of room for improvement. I have been following a few blogs recently and they way some of these people write is really inspiring and it's definitely a valuable skill to have in this day and age so any ideas?

Sadiah

HSC
I just have a real urge at the moment to work on my writing skills.
I wouldn't say I suck but there is definitely a lot of room for improvement. I have been following a few blogs recently and they way some of these people write is really inspiring and it's definitely a valuable skill to have in this day and age so any ideas?
I love writing.

Visit the Writers Bureau

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
A lot of writers pick a time that they will write, and stick to it. That may work for you. Otherwise, find things that interest you, form an opinion, then write.

ghost in drag

HSC
That's great that you have an inspiration to write. My best recommendation is to read, and remember to read a variety of genres to expand your knowledge. Maybe during your day when something catches your attention, think about how you'd put it to words. When you start reading you begin to pick up on things and adapt it to your style of writing.

X-Calibre

HSC
There is a book, well a sort of book, called The Writer's Block by Jason Rekulak. Its really good and it tells you everything you want to know about writing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)