How to deal with mean drunks (1 Viewer)

HSC
I have a lot of trouble with my one of my best friends when he's drunk.

We had a graduation party last night and he went from being the person who insisted I come out and joked around with all day to being a total dick, giving out some really nasty offhanded comments and shunning my company. I left this morning because he kept getting shitty at me whilst hung over.

This isn't the first time it's happened either.

I'm quite new to alcohol. My other mates tell me not to worry about it but I can't help but be offended and I hate it how it things just go back to normal the next day.

Does anyone else have friends like this? how do you deal with it?

melonkitten

HSC
easy:
-drink moar
-an hero
-an hero
-call up some lebs(mainly for lolz)

HSC
inject him with a syringe full of one of those diseases where you break out in rashes and throw up if you drink the tiniest bit of alcohol

Sammy-Blue

HSC
cannibal.horse said:
I have a lot of trouble with my one of my best friends when he's drunk.

We had a graduation party last night and he went from being the person who insisted I come out and joked around with all day to being a total dick, giving out some really nasty offhanded comments and shunning my company. I left this morning because he kept getting shitty at me whilst hung over.

This isn't the first time it's happened either.

I'm quite new to alcohol. My other mates tell me not to worry about it but I can't help but be offended and I hate it how it things just go back to normal the next day.

Does anyone else have friends like this? how do you deal with it?
Bash him

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Just tell him he acts really different when he's drunk and it's offensive. If he laughs it off or whatever he's a cunt and not worth worrying about.

It's pretty common behaviour from people who are immature in their drinking and social skills.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yeah my housemate is best friends with this guy who for the longest time i had only ever met drunk. Basically the first time i saw him dancing like a fool, take his shirt off, grab at girls, and then try and fight me because i was standing with "his" friends. I basically laughed it off because he looked like a fool, but apparently he is a decent guy when he is sober. I met him sober last week and he seemed alright, i mean basically like a normal guy instead of a total asshole.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
Last time this happened, i spoke with my mate the day after it happened. I was like 'look i dont really appreciate these comments that you said last night, i know i wasn't too keen on coming out, but i went out to have a good time anyway, and i felt you were a bit of a dick to me etc etc'. If hes a mate of yours and your speaking to him privately, and you don't rip into him, then you probably won't have any issues. If hes being a dick about it then you don't need friends like him.

EDIT - if it happens again and its quite bad, just leave, and when he questions you just be like 'ooo i don't think you should be a dick to your mates, even when your drunk' then leave.

Last edited:

Bainesy

HSC
If you feel offended by a drunk person then you havent had enough to drink yourself. Take in a few more beers and things will get better

SimonLee13

HSC
You know, some people say that during a state of drunkeness, people show their true character?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
people act differently under the influence: deal with it

HSC
It's something you can't help. My guy mate was drunk other night and called me an alcoholic, a slut, teased my friends and told me to fuck off over a game of pool lol. Then he apologised for it a week later. People will always say rude shit when they're drunk. Get used to it and try not to take it too personally because it will happen a lot.

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
a couple of my friends are total fuckheads when drunk, one of several reasons why i don't really drink very often any more

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Sing the "skull chant" to your mate, so he is pressured to drink more so he passes out.

HalcyonSky

HSC
If I knew someone who goes home and whinges on the internet about people they know in person i'd be a cunt to them as well, drunk or not.

Alcohol changes people, get over it.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
You accept it or you just don't go drinking with them... my friends do stupid shit all the time when they are drunk. Only once have i ever had a real issue, we glad wrapped him to a tree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)