How to find out your overall rank in the state for a subject (1 Viewer)

Flop21

HSC
But part time is a thing I think? During prelims a girl in my year got pregnant so she had completed 12 prelim units, so this year she came to school 2-3 days a week to roughly attend 2 classes and sat those 2 exams, then next year she'll attend a few days a week to do the other few subjects and do those exams next year

so like opposite of accelerated lol
You can do the HSC via pathways. Makes your HSC year a year longer, so you only do half your subjects one year, and the rest the next year. Something like that.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
But part time is a thing I think? During prelims a girl in my year got pregnant so she had completed 12 prelim units, so this year she came to school 2-3 days a week to roughly attend 2 classes and sat those 2 exams, then next year she'll attend a few days a week to do the other few subjects and do those exams next year

yeah we had that too but i didn't think any other school had that...

it was a special arrangement for what i think was the first ever teen pregnancy at the school

Because I know Plumpton High had a similar thing beforehand but I think they got rid of it

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
yeah we had that too but i didn't think any other school had that...

it was a special arrangement for what i think was the first ever teen pregnancy at the school

Because I know Plumpton High had a similar thing beforehand but I think they got rid of it
m9 we've had like 5 in the time that I've attended mine lol

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
lol does your school teach PDHPE well??
Apparently fucking not! Omg ok angry mcchicken rant:

So in Year 11 we did a thing called Crossroads which was like a bunch of sessions to prepare for "adulthood" including one sex ed one.
There were these girls who LEGITIMATELY DID NOT KNOW HOW MANY HOLES THEY HAD!!!! Like the teachers had to explain "no girls, you do not pee out of your vagina"
AND THEN OMFG THESE GIRLS WERE LIKE "IS IT STILL RAPE IF IT'S YOUR HUSBAND? LIKE HOW?" OMG WTF like seriously I wanted to die

leehuan

HSC
oh we only pushed for it in year 11

we thought it was a bit silly for the school to offer us ext. 1 but not ext. 2, and since we had about five smart people in the grade, we were all collectively "wtf"

it also helped that half the grade left in year 10, most of which to go to a selective school, so we pulled the whole "omg why didn't we just leave the school, look at those people who left, they get to do extension 2s" (quietly) and... yeah

if you're self taught, you don't have internals iirc - and you can get a tutor to help you out, i think davidgoes4hsc or whatever his name is is trying to do that

And no you don't need to do a subject to enjoy your HSC, but Ext. 2 English was the most fun awesome subject I did, and that just boosted my enjoyment of the HSC year so so much

also the bolded illustrates my point exactly, because you're presupposing the outcome
A tutor can give you some 'internals'. Don't ask me about if they're submitted because class of 1 = probably no point, but they'll have knowledge of the situation. That doesn't fully constitute as self taught anymore though - You have some significant assistance.

Ok good for you, glad you enjoyed EX2. Seriously, no sarcasm here.

You can ask them if there's been an assumption here.
LOL

EX1 started at 6, ended with 3
MX1 started with 6, ended with 1

Oh, there was only 2 of us who really wanted EX2
MX1 dropped to about 14 whereas EX1 dropped from about 22? to 6

Only 3 of ours wanted to do EX2 lol, and by the time prelims ended our EX1 cohort had shrunk to about 8 as it is.

5 of us wanted to do MX2 (which, thank goodness had TWO teachers available for the job), but it dropped to 3 as well lol

Last edited:

leehuan

HSC

That's splitting the HSC up. Not 'part-time student'

leehuan

HSC
Students typically split up their HSC because of either:
- Acceleration (a bit of a reverse split)
- Extremely rough EAS scenarios
- At least state level commitments

Flop21

HSC

So in Year 11 we did a thing called Crossroads which was like a bunch of sessions to prepare for "adulthood" including one sex ed one.
There were these girls who LEGITIMATELY DID NOT KNOW HOW MANY HOLES THEY HAD!!!! Like the teachers had to explain "no girls, you do not pee out of your vagina"
AND THEN OMFG THESE GIRLS WERE LIKE "IS IT STILL RAPE IF IT'S YOUR HUSBAND? LIKE HOW?" OMG WTF like seriously I wanted to die
Wow. And this was in year 11??

I remember doing sex ed in year 6, 7 and 8. Then some more each year. You'd think by year 11 they'd know what's going on...

Flop21

HSC
That's splitting the HSC up. Not 'part-time student'
Not sure if we are thinking about the same thing, but there's definitely a thing called "pathways". I've been around a lot of kids doing it that way.

It's pretty much what mcchicken said. Some of your subjects one year, the rest the next year.

leehuan

HSC

I remember doing sex ed in year 6, 7 and 8. Then some more each year. You'd think by year 11 they'd know what's going on...
The rant is funny but let's put that one aside lmao it's like you implied despairingly humiliating.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
m9 we've had like 5 in the time that I've attended mine lol
~campbelltown~

were there guys in the same class

if so

~awks~

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC

Yeah I don't think it's my school's shitty pdhpe dept bcos I know everything I need to know lol but some people man

~campbelltown~

were there guys in the same class

if so

~awks~
Well my school is in ~livo~ haha only moved here a few weeks ago

And I believe so? Can't remember if we split up.... actually I think we were split.
But I don't get how it's awkward??? People here call you a creeper but I have faith that you know the definition of rape lol

leehuan

HSC
Yeah I don't think it's my school's shitty pdhpe dept bcos I know everything I need to know lol but some people man

Well my school is in ~livo~ haha only moved here a few weeks ago

And I believe so? Can't remember if we split up.... actually I think we were split.
But I don't get how it's awkward??? People here call you a creeper but I have faith that you know the definition of rape lol
He stopped posting those things that regard him as a creeper. Now he just brings up the topic. Of course he knows the definition of rape lol he respects that you have a bf.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
He stopped posting those things that regard him as a creeper. Now he just brings up the topic. Of course he knows the definition of rape lol he respects that you have a bf.
Huh?? I wasn't implying he was a creeper lol I was just stating that it isn't awkward for men to be in the room when discussing rape bc all know the definition

I only mentioned the 'creeper' part as a joke

Last edited:

leehuan

HSC
Huh?? I wasn't implying he was a creeper lol I was just stating that it isn't awkward for men to be in the room when discussing rape bc all know the definition
I can't read 100% of posts right now.

Your rant was funny though

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
I think it was 'awkward' because you said some of the girls were discussing if it's okay to rape your husband, or at least that's what I took from 'is it rape if it's your husband'.
Oh no omg do i even engarish lol

They were asking if a man raped a woman does it still count if they're married

dafuq man

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)