How to sleep earli (1 Viewer)

TBK11

HSC
I dont know if its just me, but is there anyone out there that cant get 8hrs of sleep on school days?

ive got a serious issue lol i sleep at around 1ish or 2ish sometimes at 3ish then if i got an ex1 class i need to be at school by 7.40 so on some days i get around 4hrs of sleep. and in school its from o_o to -_- sleepy mode
just askin how do you make yourself sleep early i just cant for some reason
anyone else have issues gettin 8hrs of sleep?

ST2010

HSC
i sleep at 1am and i have to wake up at 6 for early periods. But on most days we can go at 1pm so yeah. 6hours~ sleep

Last edited:

armsty

HSC
It's about getting into a routine mate, it won't be a quick fix, just try going to sleep a bit earlier each night ey, I have a problem like this but I'm getting better.

HSC
umm before i sleep i usually think..

think about quite literally everything

and then i get tired of thinking and i sleep hahaha

but sometimes that thinking can go for like two hours..

otherwise..i wont think and just go to sleep :)

try a sleeping pill if you really need to

LordPc

HSC
at 11:00pm, get off the computer or whatever you are going and get to bed. wtf is so hard?

lolokay

HSC
^getting to sleep maybe? (though could just be a case of needing to do that)

Just.Snaz

HSC
Do you sleep in the arvo after school? Possibly why.
Keep yourself awake and do you hw/study.. leave procrastination till later.. by night you'll be exhausted and drop dead.

However, I think this is stupid cause then I'm not getting anything out of study since I'm so dead. Additionally, I studied better at night but anyways, what I would do instead is sleep in the arvo but then slept late. I accustomed myself to that.. my sleep is now spread out rather than one block of 8 hours. Pretty stupid but it worked/works for me.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm off to bed at 11pm... anywhere around then. It's much better than depriving myself of lots of sleep. I usually don't feel too laggy if I stay up really late, but I will in consecutive nights. I only need about 6 hours... so I'm right.

TBK11

HSC
Do you sleep in the arvo after school? Possibly why.
Keep yourself awake and do you hw/study.. leave procrastination till later.. by night you'll be exhausted and drop dead.
well, na at school just yawn alot and never sleep in the arvo its just really hard to sleep at around 11 or 12 i tried it a few times shut off everything and was in bed at 11 then i was still up couldnt sleep checked the time and it was 1am n i was still up

Just.Snaz

HSC
well, na at school just yawn alot and never sleep in the arvo its just really hard to sleep at around 11 or 12 i tried it a few times shut off everything and was in bed at 11 then i was still up couldnt sleep checked the time and it was 1am n i was still up
best way is to tire yourself out prior. I have the same issue.. takes me forever to get to sleep but when I'm exhausted, it's not too bad. Tried going for a run or doing some form of exercise? If you're constantly tired at school, you might want to ask a doctor for help. Concentration is vital.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
take advatange of your sleeplessness, you can study during that period.

TBK11

HSC
take advatange of your sleeplessness, you can study during that period.
hmm that could work though i dont think 3-5hrs is enuff sleep, so going for a lets say 30min run on the treadmill at night would help im normally active

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
yes, because drowsiness is going to work wonder on your exam results
I was not talking about taking advatange of the sleepless DURING exam period.

During exam period, sufficient sleep is needed and I am completely aware of that. I don't really know how can one just sleep early so what I suggested is completely valid in regards to studying.

Bulldog4lyf

HSC
I go through the same thing as you every night, it's so frustrating. Try not to think about things and try and keep still, try not to take in too much caffeine also.

It's difficult, though, at times I will just lie down in bed until 2-3 thinking about girls.

TBK11

HSC
I go through the same thing as you every night, it's so frustrating. Try not to think about things and try and keep still, try not to take in too much caffeine also.

It's difficult, though, at times I will just lie down in bed until 2-3 thinking about girls.
LOL,
i guess doin some sort of study would help but durin exams i guess id have to sleep earli

MonkEA

HSC
when you get home do half of your hwk, go for an hour long walk, do other half. have dinner, get ready for school,do what ever you want for an hour, in bed at 10:30, wake up at 6:30.

works for me.

DGDG77

HSC
okay for starters don't watch tv, or be on the computer its a stimlus and keeps you awake, try reading notes/books or something and your bound to fall asleep aslo dont eat close to sleep time, but yeah it aint that hard;)

studentcheese

HSC
Me too. I only get 5 hours a sleep a day now, as compared to 8 hours of sleep during Year 10. I think a lot when I get to bed, and sometimes the thinking can carry on for the whole night and I don't get any sleep at all. I think about school, my family overseas, what to do tomorrow, fantasising about my HSC results, bla, bla, bla. My parents have told me not to think too much, but I can't - I reckon thinking a lot is what makes me fall asleep. :( It sucks - I know. I sleep in class now...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)