How to state rank- (1 Viewer)

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
for all: perfect practice, perfect exam technique

for econ (probably similar for modh) from what i've seen from sr responses it's mainly that they have extremely good structure – linking in stats/graphs well, clearly segregated points as well. quantity is a part of quality, especially for econ - 7 pages is expected; sr responses i've seen have had 8 pages (with like 7-8 word sentences) (i did not count the no. of lines bcz i'm too ceebs rn

state ranking 2u is near impossible because you can theoretically be better than these people but you'll likely lose marks for sillies so um if you're 100% sure in your content then like remove sillies ??? also like there's an insane amount of people who get 100; 40 people this year got a perfect 100 – out of these 100, most are probably doing mx1/accelling 2u.

eng x1 – likely boils down to your idea (assuming perfect execution) and how well it fits
eng adv – godly structure, godly ideas, they have a conference where they decide sr'ers iirc

take this all as granted this is just based off what i've seen 🫣

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
for econ … be a beast at essays, think that’s a decider for sr so best be good at them. Aeonium summed it up well. Mindmaps are good for making connections

carrotsss

HSC
for maths adv just practice past papers a ton until you’re getting consistently close to 100 and then work on techniques to aggressively remove any possible silly mistakes, and then make sure you’re feeling really good and calm on the exam day because you have to pretty much do perfectly

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
If you could give a recipe to success to state rank in varying subjects (from English adv to modern to math adv to eco,) what would you suggest?
shield, will never heal u from the storm.

people with scars, are always the strongest

the bros are like the minis, and the hoes are like the big pots. The minis come first

Some people land on highground, while others have to build up to it.

Epic games will never ask for your password... but she will 🔺

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
If you could give a recipe to success to state rank in varying subjects (from English adv to modern to math adv to eco,) what would you suggest?
I think with 2u and math courses lower, it becomes more chance than genuine talent. some students may be very 'enabled' and can easily determine how to answer hard questions in 2u, only problem is, these students likely lose marks from careless errors. One way the hsc has actually avoided this in 3u and 4u is by increasing 'proof' questions, which essentially provide you with the answer, all you need to do is display the method by which you can obtain said answer. 2U on the other hand focuses less on the methods, and more on the ability to solve questions AND their investigative abilities to catch slight inconsistencies in the working.

Bronx_Tips

HSC
shield, will never heal u from the storm.

people with scars, are always the strongest

the bros are like the minis, and the hoes are like the big pots. The minis come first

Some people land on highground, while others have to build up to it.

Epic games will never ask for your password... but she will 🔺
what r u on about big boy

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Just a warning to stop derailing the school threads…

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Personally I think you should just focus solely on your subjects and see where that takes u. Sr doesnt do anything to your atar, its just an added bonus. You'll do fine regardless.

Bronx_Tips

HSC
Personally I think you should just focus solely on your subjects and see where that takes u. Sr doesnt do anything to your atar, its just an added bonus. You'll do fine regardless.
does sr have any purpose ?

Bronx_Tips

HSC
I guess you do gain credit, but you wont get an atar boost or anything. Ik a certain person in this forum who proved that was the case, beating a student who 1st placed a subject (Ik ur watching bubs)
What kind of credit?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)