• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How to study for the School Certificate? (question) - Science (1 Viewer)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
sly, I got high 80s for Eng/Maths, 93 for science, 94 for geography, 96 for computing and 98 for history. I did light revision for science and history, that's all.

I just assumed that selective kids got 98+ in all theirs.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
dont study because it doesnt affect your hsc so who cares
also tell your parents to fuck off

Last edited:

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
I know the School Certificate is an absolute waste of time but I'm just challenging my friends who did the School Certificate previously. They got around 90-95% on average and go to Selective Schools such as Girraween, James Ruse, Fort Street and Sydney Boys. Also, I have very stereotypical Indian parents who believe you should get good results for even the things that are pointless. Lastly I just don't want to embarrass myself.

And BTW, how did you guys put your subjects and ATAR aims/ATAR marks at the bottom of each of your posts? EPIC :spzz:
PS: I'm new to 'Bored of Studies'
Problem diagnosed.

jnney

lemon
HSC
I got low 90s for everything.

Anyways, I think it's just a matter of knowing the content well AS WELL AS going over the features of conducting and writing an experiment, drawing a graph etc. These are typical errors made by many students which...to my surprise still happens in year 11. It's ridiculous. So get it right now.

Take a few past exams of the Board of Studies site, do them, and give them to your teacher to mark. With that feedback, this process should see a drastic improvement. Yeah? :)

HSC
N/A
I got band 2/3's in the school certificate despite studying for literally 4 hours a day for two months straight. I think this goes to show that studying doesn't really help and you shouldn't really bother :cry:

I was then rejected in all my subject choices and they wouldn't even let me do 3u maths so I had to do general maths+ made me do senior science instead of physics+ Standard english instead of Advanced but let me keep food tech, hospitality and art :D

Last edited:
HSC
N/A

loljks.
But if you're bothered enough to study, just do a past paper or that multiple choice thing they have on the board of studies.

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
I received two band 5s...English and Science. And I go to a somewhat decent school. Disappointing...
Agree with whoever posted above...tell your parents the SC doesn't mean shit.
My crap SC Maths mark didn't stop me getting a B6 for 2U last year...
P.S: I'm curry

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Please treat the SC seriously. It's good practice. If not, at least learn the basic building blocks for Year 11.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
sly, I got high 80s for Eng/Maths, 93 for science, 94 for geography, 96 for computing and 98 for history. I did light revision for science and history, that's all.

I just assumed that selective kids got 98+ in all theirs.
Lol, fact is most selective kids don't give a damn. Great marks though (Y)

I always knew you were a nerd :haha:
KONFIRMED NERD.
I'M HALF A NERD OKAY? YOU KONFIRMED IT

I got band 2/3's in the school certificate despite studying for literally 4 hours a day for two months straight. I think this goes to show that studying doesn't really help and you shouldn't really bother :cry:

I was then rejected in all my subject choices and they wouldn't even let me do 3u maths so I had to do general maths+ made me do senior science instead of physics+ Standard english instead of Advanced but let me keep food tech, hospitality and art :D
When trolling meant something...

Please treat the SC seriously. It's good practice. If not, at least learn the basic building blocks for Year 11.
Not really.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Lol, fact is most selective kids don't give a damn. Great marks though (Y)

I'M HALF A NERD OKAY? YOU KONFIRMED IT

When trolling meant something...

Not really.
I liked the SC. We use to have past paper parties. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)