How to Study (1 Viewer)

Intelligence

HSC
Hey peeps
i know i should be well into study but what happens when you want to study humanity subjects ,where there's alot of content such as legal studies or business studies, but you just cant make your brain focus?

Like you start reading a sentence and by the end of it you totally are unaware of what you read. You dont even remember a word cause you were day dreaming. What can you do to overcome such thing.

And what do you do if your studying all day to find out you didnt learn anything?

Some people call this the "down Time' cause your brain isnt functioning and they say you should do something practical to over come it. Well in that case i have down time everyday and i really want to resolve this issue.

volition

arr.
HSC
I find that writing, not reading helps heaps. I used to just write notes over and over and not bother reading them. Maybe I'm just weird :(

As for the daydreaming thing, I find that when you're writing things down it's harder to daydream. I think that even if you end up daydreaming and writing it out word for word, there is still some benefit to doing it.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Intelligence said:
Hey peeps
i know i should be well into study but what happens when you want to study humanity subjects ,where there's alot of content such as legal studies or business studies, but you just cant make your brain focus?

Like you start reading a sentence and by the end of it you totally are unaware of what you read. You dont even remember a word cause you were day dreaming. What can you do to overcome such thing.

And what do you do if your studying all day to find out you didnt learn anything?

Some people call this the "down Time' cause your brain isnt functioning and they say you should do something practical to over come it. Well in that case i have down time everyday and i really want to resolve this issue.
If you wanted something bad enough, you could easily make things that you generally consider boring, interesting. Same goes for learning and grasping new concepts and information.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I find that writing it out doesn't help me, but it works for alot of people. I type all my notes and then just read them over and over. When I have memorised them I go through it all in my head without looking at them or I type definitions and points up again in note pad without looking.

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
you'll find that when you write over and over again, you are forced to remember what you wrote. i once read notes to study - but that really isnt studying, coz there's always distractions. by writing, you have to actually READ what you are writing, therefore you remember better.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
i found that writing little summaries in textbooks help in learning new concepts. like .. just extracting the main info that is needed.

also, practising questions really helps!
the success-one books are helpful! ^^ [for the sciences that is .. lol]

since its post-trial.. id say re-do ur trials over and over again until u got 100% and then continue on with another trial paper~~~
and le' bleh. :)

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Why am I on here and not studying?

Damn procrastination...

Damn Bored of Studies. :(

Tim035

HSC
Also, what I find helps is I force myself to do an entire trial/HSC paper without looking at my summaries even if I can only remember a few sentences in relation to the question.
Then once I'm finished I have a desire to read over the relevant summaries I've written to those questions I found difficult in that paper inorder to know what I should've written. In that sense it really sticks in your brain because your reading them for a reason, not just reading page after page for the sake of it.
Also this can then give you an indication as to wether a particular syllabus dot point etc is covered in enough detail in your summaries in order to answer those more difficult questions.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Tim035 said:
Also, what I find helps is I force myself to do an entire trial/HSC paper without looking at my summaries even if I can only remember a few sentences in relation to the question.
Then once I'm finished I have a desire to read over the relevant summaries I've written to those questions I found difficult in that paper inorder to know what I should've written. In that sense it really sticks in your brain because your reading them for a reason, not just reading page after page for the sake of it.
Also this can then give you an indication as to wether a particular syllabus dot point etc is covered in enough detail in your summaries in order to answer those more difficult questions.
But it posed a too great temptation to look at notes and sumamries because they are in vicinity of my reach

sincy

HSC
how u going. im really struggling with my HSC courses, Business Adv English, General Maths and Religion. i was wondering if you could help us out by emailing notes or tips to antsinclair88@hotmail.com. thanks mate.........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)