How was your first day at UNSW? (1 Viewer)

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
i haven't had breakfast this morning. So I feel shit.

Either way I haven't gone for my first lecture yet, just posting to be first kekekeke

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i haven't had breakfast this morning. So I feel shit.

Either way I haven't gone for my first lecture yet, just posting to be first kekekeke
lol, i was gonna poast before you did, but i thought that'd be silly since i thought this thread should be for first years, and i went off and played far cry 2 on my laptop for a couple hours.

Im at home today, no thermodynamics labs for first 2 weeks, and my mondays only consist of a 2hr lab so EFF YEAH!

Starting uni tomorrow, very excited, though not at the prospect of doing mechanics again :(

Last edited:

karoooh

HSC
I missed brekkie too, so I also felt crap. 2 hours of political econ isn't fun. Tutor seems kind of boring, but will hold judgement until later. French was cool, most people I know seem to have dropped it and First Years seem to make up 2/3 or 3/4 of 3A. :( Both Psych lectures were boring. I happened to be surrounded by guys with smelly feet and girls with bad b.o. Learn to deo. >:/

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
I went to my discrete lecture and saw some familiar faces there, including a friend doing BINF who had the attention span of a fly, she couldn't really keep quiet. I then hopped off to my PYSC2001 lecture and I was wondering how come the place was so packed, really expected less. Were you there karooh?

Finally I went to my discrete tute which was being taught by some russian dude who sounded like a mad scientist and he went so fast that he was doing questions far beyond the lecture we did today. Whew

karoooh

HSC
Yea, I was there; a couple rows down from the top of the steps to the right. And maybe it was packed because of optom students? I didn't think it was that packed, looked like any other normal day. They need to learn how to turn the air con on. Or at least fix it or something.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
We didn't have any aircon either in discrete, I thought I was turning into roast chicken. Speaking of roast chicken I feel like having some. I need meat badly.

HSC
- Missed breakfast
- Saw a lad sporting a mullet, shaved sides, tracksuits and all
- lol at the girls who look like they could be going to a formal

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
missed first maths lecture :D
chem lecture was a waste of time
maths tutorial can be summed up with a student asking why x=/=0 if y=1/x
bio lab was alright

LordPc

HSC
COMP1917 was pretty boring just introductory stuff. was kind of funny though as one person in the front row asked about 15 questions throughout the entire lecture. we did manage to say "hello world" by the end of it though, which i guess is all you really need to know how to do after your first lecture.

discrete maths next. had to get from matthews B to M18 which wasnt very nice. went in at around 10 past the hour and sat down in the front row. after a minute or so another latecomer sat next to me, she had a very strong smell of cigarette smoke which made the lecture less than enjoyable. the lecturer, Chan I think, seemed pretty good, although he does shake alot, makes the slides hard to read at times. (and for those that complained about the Air Con, I could see Chan was sweating, so I think he might want some AC next time around)

back up to the Clancy for ENGG1000, got there late (naturally) and had to sit outside. was a really boring lecture. all that they seemed to say was that you are meant to design things that work and look good. but they failed to mention anything about how we do this

erm

HSC
This latecomer sat next to me...he had the worst BO i have smelt in a very long time. Also I couldn't get over his lack of personal grooming. I felt like chucking.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
First day was good but there was so many random FOB who just played on their phone and had no idea what was going on. BTW, who was at the FINIS1612 lecture?

Last edited:

PrettyVacant

HSC
Wasn't my first day, but OMG the buslines on Eddy Ave were fucking long!

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
COMP1917 was pretty boring just introductory stuff. was kind of funny though as one person in the front row asked about 15 questions throughout the entire lecture. we did manage to say "hello world" by the end of it though, which i guess is all you really need to know how to do after your first lecture.

discrete maths next. had to get from matthews B to M18 which wasnt very nice. went in at around 10 past the hour and sat down in the front row. after a minute or so another latecomer sat next to me, she had a very strong smell of cigarette smoke which made the lecture less than enjoyable. the lecturer, Chan I think, seemed pretty good, although he does shake alot, makes the slides hard to read at times. (and for those that complained about the Air Con, I could see Chan was sweating, so I think he might want some AC next time around)

back up to the Clancy for ENGG1000, got there late (naturally) and had to sit outside. was a really boring lecture. all that they seemed to say was that you are meant to design things that work and look good. but they failed to mention anything about how we do this
you know where I was sitting halfway through the 1081 lecture something that smelled of intense shit came through.

I did not enjoy that half

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
I was also in your lecture, Sean.

I can only assume that a) the dude is indian and b) he shat his pants.
hahahaha that makes me think why he looked so suss.

We saw each other today, we'll see each other tomorrow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)