How was your first day at UNSW? (2 Viewers)

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
Fuck going tomorrow, I've already downloaded the notes and it means I can go work.

I DID NOT SEE YOU.

OR DID I?

Not sure, I left the moment he finished to go to the roundhouse with some mates.
you turned to mr curry and asked if he wanted a beer after the lecture. I was behind him.

oh and you had some discussion about youth allowance or something like that..

danield

HSC
First day of uni was a lot more boring than i had thought

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
did i smell good too? I brushed my teeth before coming to class.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
not this thread
not this thread
not this thread
not this thread
not this thread
not this thread
not this thread
not this thread

Ask the first year thread in this forum

LordPc

HSC

fozzster22

HSC
I went to my discrete lecture and saw some familiar faces there, including a friend doing BINF who had the attention span of a fly, she couldn't really keep quiet. I then hopped off to my PYSC2001 lecture and I was wondering how come the place was so packed, really expected less. Were you there karooh?

Finally I went to my discrete tute which was being taught by some russian dude who sounded like a mad scientist and he went so fast that he was doing questions far beyond the lecture we did today. Whew
haha dude i tihnk im in your discrete tute.

i didnt have the course book :/ which was ok cause half the guys in there didnt have it either haha

how funny was that argument over sets with no value etc.. got stuck on that for like 10 mins. you might be in a different lecture though

Last edited:

SpoonSamba

HSC
long and boring

french was good and made one friend in my tute at the end of the day

breaks were the worst just sit there like the biggest loner

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
First day was good but there was so many random FOB who just played on their phone and had no idea what was going on. BTW, who was at the FINIS1612 lecture?
I have my fins lecture on wednesday at 2pm, anyone in that one?

Edit: if you have nothing to do and no one to talk to doing your breaks, you can always kill time at the computer labs

Last edited:

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
it was good =]

although i kinda got overwhelmed when they handed me the booklet with all the assignments on it lol and when they told us we had to do a 30 min presentation answering a question on ART LOL... but you do that with a team.

overall it was better than i thought

ravengirl

HSC
i loved it !

spanish lecture & tutorial were pretty good .. international relations wasn't that great.. monotonic teacher who kept glancing at the clock every 5 minutes.

but yea the uni itself is awesome =]

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Yeah, group presentations for 30 minutes+ is pretty standard

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Longest presentation I've had to do was a full tute (1 hour) with a group of 4 people, which we almost went over time for and had to cut down as we were going. Time goes a lot faster than you think when you're doing a presentation, as long as you know your stuff.

If you try to memorise a script it's a lot harder... just know your stuff, set up dot points on a power point for the 'class' to read and roll with it.

The dot points on your slides is a really brilliant idea that always works so well for me, just make sure to not be facing it the whole time and only turn your head as each slide changes as if you're just trying to direct the students' attention towards it (while absorbing the juicy details on the slide for yourself to kick start what you're going to talk about next).

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
haha dude i tihnk im in your discrete tute.

i didnt have the course book :/ which was ok cause half the guys in there didnt have it either haha

how funny was that argument over sets with no value etc.. got stuck on that for like 10 mins. you might be in a different lecture though
my tutes 3-4 RC1041

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)