How was your first day of Preliminary? (1 Viewer)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well the majority of preliminary students will be starting their first day of year 11 either today (Tuesday) or sometime this week.

How was your first day as seniors? What did you do?

Oh first day of preliminary oh that does take me back. A new school (well new campus - moved to senior campus), new teachers, new school layout to learn, new peers oh the memories.

Note: Try to keep spam to a minimum or better yet none existant.

Last edited:

lacklustre

HSC
pritnep said:
Well the majority of preliminary students will be starting their first day of year 11 either today (Tuesday) or sometime this week.

How was your first day as seniors? What did you do?

Oh first day of preliminary oh that does take me back. A new school (well new campus - moved to senior campus), new teachers, new school layout to learn, new peers oh the memories.

Note: Try to keep spam to a minimum or better yet none existant.
Not worth going IMO. Nothing but a bunch of boring lectures by teachers designed to "inspire" us to study, tht's all on the first day. :)

Time well spent (not)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Haha, first day today. it was great meeting up with friends, and catching up with old and new teachers. Got our timetables in roll call, talked to new Year 7s as well. Geez, they are actually very small :eek: Had Maths, Modern History, and English, and it was so boring :) Already got HW from Maths :(

Time goes so fast at home, but so slow at school :(

Got my assessment sheets showing us when our assessments are. Quite alot, especially for English :)

Yes, I didn't really like my timetable But thats life :p

Last edited by a moderator:

the leader

HSC
errr I have maths homework too! Its not that much tho

I only had double chemistry (and we had to unpack chairs for half an hour) and maths

Already decided to ditch ext maths to take up geography in 4 weeks time

all in all: fairly boring

Joohlie

HSC
Year 7s are so much smaller this year, haha. But they're so polite :D
I had Ancient History, Business Studies, English, Maths & Legal today. What a killer. It was so hot. We didn't do any work except in Maths. I wanted to sleep during Legal Studies, lol.

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
Quite good, I only had English Advanced because the majority of my periods were frees.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
OMG, how lucky. You got that much free periods? I only have 2 :( yeah, we discussed new senior life, and how we need to become more mature people. Haha, it's funny since a couple of my peers just made silly noises, and got sent to the principal's offifce. Some things will never change :p

Do you guys have the Crossroads course? If so, when?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Jachie said:
I reckon! I have a friend who only has one. (Then again, she's doing 13 units....) And I have THREE IN A ROW. whoaz.

Yeah, isn't it compulsory or something? We do it on our Year 11 camp, which is sometime in February.
Every Thursday for me. Half an hour :eek:

Yeah, we get one free period each Thursday arvo. End at 1:01

Kujah

HSC
N/A
My 2 free periods = 4 hours :)

My Modern History class only has 8 people :(

booties4

HSC
First day was boring and hence i'm so tired and irritable. :mad1:
First period was the entire school stuck outside in the frickn sun whilst we heard the principal talk about new things the school is doing and how he was pleased with the SC an HSC results...........BORING.

Second period we had year meeting and our coordinator gave us all this big lecture about how we are senior students now and we should behave accordingly. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Third we had our first class which was ADV ENGLISH for me......so Happy got the best teacher. infact, all of my teachers are excellent...........THANK GOD!!:)

4th we had to run throughthe new bus system which involved the whole school walking to the bus stop in their bus groups and "supposedly" hopping onto and invisible bus.

All in all pretty bludgy, cant wait for tommorow, got all my favourites tommorow.

philzy

HSC
Kujah said:
OMG, how lucky. You got that much free periods? I only have 2 :( yeah, we discussed new senior life, and how we need to become more mature people. Haha, it's funny since a couple of my peers just made silly noises, and got sent to the principal's offifce. Some things will never change :p

our school had our crossroads camp in year 10 lol. wen do u hav yours.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
^ Every second Thursday for half an hour

HSC
N/A
I'd rather have no frees and not have to go to as many compulsory classes before and after school, than have 5 frees and have nine classes outside of school hours in a ten day period.

This wasn't what we signed up for when we wanted to do 14 units. You'd think they'd do a better job with matrix-ing.

And the maths class I ended up in.... I probably did worse than I should've in last year's exams, but I didn't do that badly. The coordinator dickhead just doesn't like me. But there's nothing I can do short of marching up with my marks and marks of specific people in the other class comparing them, and that wouldn't be fair, so I'll just shut up and put up with it for a few terms.

Otherwise catching up was good. Not nearly as good as a few more days of holidays would've been though.

topdeck

HSC
Kujah said:
I did crossroads last year, after the school certificate and it was TERRIBLE! It was the biggest waste of two days! We had to sit in a room with our geography teacher talking about 'relationships'. :mad1:

School today was pretty good, i had economics, legal, ancient and extension english. We actually did work in most of the classes, and we even got our ex english texts. I'm just not looking forward to tomorrow.....peer support all day! grrrrrr, and to top it off, i have zero free periods!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Bio, Maths, Computer Applications, Chem tomorrow. Everyone comes back to school tomorrow

mudcake42

HSC
Yeh today was good, got all good teachers and the subjects look great!

Just a question, had extension maths, did you find that it was very much 'understand now learn later'? We flew past lots of stuff and she was really really fast and then set a tone of homework ... maybe because I'm in the top class or something ...

am I the only one finding this?

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
lacklustre said:
In my timetable I have NO free periods anywhere. Damn
me neither ! ><"

Does anybody else have to do sport ? goshh ..

First day. 2 periods to find out what subjects we got & all that stuff.

3rd & 4th: Double physics, I feel so stupid in that class. Only 4 females ! lol

Lunch was great =]

5th: Chemistry, stepped on the teachers shoe before getting into the classroom. ><" He was not happy ! lol ! Well, got hw ! yays ! = =" hetero ? homo ? how can you tell ?!

6th: Maths 2u. Best subject today ! too bad we couldnt tell un-clean maths jokes !

nandayo

ismist
HSC
I have so many frees it's ridiculous. I have two offline courses though...HSC Jap and Open High Italian..so..naturally I got about 12 free's a week. Which is still way too many.

Anybody get the new worksheets for the COMPULSORY, that's right COMPULSORY for all Yr11 students this year Board of Studies "All My Own Work" course? It is such bullshit, they could've just said 'Don't plagiarise kids' - but instead we get plagiarism find-a-words and multiple choices about referencing. Apparently your school will need to sign a sheet saying you've fufilled the requirements of it etc. etc. Better not last for long, or heads-will-roll.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)